Author Topic: Power Outage  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Power Outage
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2003, 10:48 AM »
I remember hearing this on the Evil Radio while I was out on whatever day it happened.

The FIRST thing they said was that it wasn't a terrorist act. IMO, they're giving those f***tards way too much credit. They'd sooner kill people than inconvenience them, the bastards.

Well, in this day and age of technology, a power outage can be a SERIOUS inconvenience across the board.  It affects the water supply, all the electrical devices in your own home, as well as ATM's (how many people depend on ATM's for their cash?), stores, phone systems (how many people here don't even own an analog phone anymore?), banks, businesses in general, etc.  So, don't discount the IDEA of attacking the power supply as a terrorist act until you see how far reaching the effects can be.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2003, 02:13 PM »
It's so stupid of the media keep thinking that this is a Terrorist attack. ****ing retards! Terrorists don't cut off power! They do evil things like crash planes into buildings and blow people up! What a bunch of morons. This is not a 9/11 part two, so stop comparing it to a power outage!

Thats not nessisarily true. Terrorists could have taken over a power grid station, and threatened to destroy the place, or what not. It could realy **** things up.

Terrorism:

Noun
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Doesnt have to be just Planes into buildings man.

Its sad.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2003, 05:12 PM »
You might take notice, that the power outage problem led to as many as SEVEN nuclear power plants going offline.  Presumably, their reactors scrammed automatically as a precautionary measure.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback