Author Topic: Rogue One (SPOILERS)  (Read 141240 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One (SPOILERS)
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 06:46 AM »
So it's obvious that either Hera, Sabine or Ahsoka are going to star in this, right?

I don't get that impression at all.  Given the characterization of this as "Zero Dark Thirty" in the Star Wars universe, I can see Felicity Jones playing some sort of Rebel intelligence agent who is working undercover in the Empire to learn more about the Death Star.  That in turn would culminate in a military raid to secure the plans.  The inclusion of Bail Organa would be most welcome in my book.

My own hopes?  I would absolutely like to see the film incorporate some of the Wookiee slave laborers who past EU has said were forced to work on the construction of the first Death Star, and how that might play into this story.  And I certainly hope that the film would end with the Death Star plans being handed over to the crew of the Tantive IV, along with Leia, Captain Antilles and the droids.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 02:38 PM »
I thought bothans stole the plans.  Isn't this a movie about the bothans???   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 04:42 PM »
I thought bothans stole the plans.  Isn't this a movie about the bothans???   ;)
Bothans were in ROTJ...this is before ANH

I think this screams Rebels...same time frame

I like the Wookiee idea, that is originally what ANH was going to be about

There is no reason the planet shown in the teaser may very well be Kashyyk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 07:50 PM »
Maybe Felicity Jones' character is playing a relative of Mon Mothma? They kinda look similar (and I think Jones is too young to be Mothma from that time period).

http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 06:55 AM »
Actor Diego Luna is joining the cast of ROGUE ONE in a leading role according to Variety.

Director Gareth Edwards has found another rebel fighter to battle the Empire in “Star Wars: Rogue One.” Sources tell Variety that Diego Luna is in talks for a lead role alongside  Felicity Jones and Riz Ahmed, with Ben Mendelsohn set to star as the film’s primary villain.

Disney and Lucasfilm had no comment on the casting.

At a panel with Edwards and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy at the recent Star Wars Celebration convention in Anaheim, Edwards revealed that the plot of “Rogue One” revolves around the heist of the Death Star plans by a group of rebel fighters, with Jones starring as one of the rebel soldiers. Sources say Ahmed and Luna also play rebel fighters.

The film will take place between Episode III and Episode IV, but closer chronologically to “A New Hope.” It’s set to bow December 16, 2016.

The cast is expected to be a large ensembler similar to “The Dirty Dozen” and “Saving Private Ryan,” but sources add Luna is one of the leads of the film with Jones, Ahmed and Mendelsohn.

Over the past couple of years, Luna moved from in front of the camera to behind it, directing a number of smaller art films set in his native Mexico. The multihyphenate was involved in several films in 2014, including the biopic “Cesar Chavez,” which he directed.

He most recently starred opposite Mel Gibson in “Blood Father” and is in post-production on “Mr. Pig,” which he wrote, directed and produced.

He is repped WME.

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 03:28 PM »
‘Star Wars: Rogue One': Forest Whitaker Joins Standalone Film

Awesome.

Exclusive: Star Wars: Rogue One details on theme, locations, aliens, & more

• Stormtroopers have same armor as they do in the original films (i.e. episodes IV - VI)

• Lots of alien life forms, Mon Calamari among them

• New droids and aliens will be introduced. Kind of a no-brainer, but just so you know it's not just a bunch of rebels

• At-Ats, X-Wings, Y-wings, At-Sts are said to be present.

• Implied that some of the film will take place on Yavin-4; a lot of armies in the jungle and various battlefield locations

• Looks like a new droid will be part of the band of rebels attempting to steal the Death Star plans

• Felicity Jones is seen dressed as a rebel soldier ready for battle; expect her to get her hands dirty in this one

Still not sure how I feel about the idea of standalone films but this one sounds pretty good so far. Looking forward to seeing what a Star Wars movie without all the Jedi/Sith stuff is like.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: July 7, 2015, 05:30 PM »
RUMOR - Darth Vader Set to Appear in Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

Not the main bad guy... but I guess it makes sense he's involved somehow since Star Wars Rebels has already established he's in charge of chasing rebel cells around the galaxy.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: July 7, 2015, 06:00 PM »
I'm cool with this, especially if JEJ is voicing.  Considering he's voicing the cartoon I cannot fathom them leaving him off a film.

I'm maybe easily duped here but I really am looking forward to ALL this Star Wars film goodness coming.  It's going to be sensory overload for years.  As news leaks out and filming of these things starts, it really brings the scale of all this into focus.  I'd been so TFA focused, but man there's just movie after movie on the way, and that's kind of mind blowing.  No more hemmed in with just books, comics, and what Lucas wanted to do for films.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #38 on: July 7, 2015, 09:17 PM »
I expect to see him in some sort of cameo role.  Like perhaps at the end when the Rebels steal the plans and escape?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 8, 2015, 07:31 AM »
If the Vader rumor is true I hope we get to see a scene of him Force choking some Imperial Officer who let the Rebels escape with the Death Star plans.

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2015, 10:55 AM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2015, 11:17 AM »
Stormtroopers on the beach for Rogue One.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/star-wars-force-awakens-storm-6218981

That troop lander is pretty cool. Gotta make a new toy of that.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 04:34 PM »
Cast picture for Rogue One from D23 panel. Now that is a desktop picture.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/15/d23-2015-star-wars-rogue-one-cast-photo-revealed

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:36 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 04:47 PM »
That is one freaking amazing cast they have put together. This is a long way from jake/Hayden grade schmoes. Major props!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 05:59 PM »
A cast that can act. Who knew?