Author Topic: Rogue One (SPOILERS)  (Read 139833 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rogue One (SPOILERS)
« Reply #90 on: April 7, 2016, 08:33 PM »
It could also be an ISB officer which jives with the idea of special forces guys stealing secrets and all that jazz.  The pants appear black.  GA's in all white, not that that's set in stone at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: April 7, 2016, 09:14 PM »
Just now able to watch it on my spiffy new laptop. :P  As annoyed as I was to have to buy a new computer, this thing made that trailer a hell of a lot of fun!

So much to take in, in that trailer.  Like honestly when blown up on HD and able to watch/pause, there's just a TON to look at.  It's epic, in every way.  This being a one-off feels like there should just already be more, to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: April 7, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Man I keep watching it...  So much good in there.  RFT's with maybe MP armbands on?  Lotta nods that the Battlefront Rebels are what Rebel "Troopers" look like going on too...  Looks like Dodonna behind Mothma there too, I think.  Seeing Yavin IV like that, it's just so weird.  Weird seeing it again, seeing it bustling...  Did the base largely evac before ANH?  Where's everyone wind up?

Saw a lot of familiar REbel Pilot helmet logos, and saw some other colored jumpsuits too...  Saw makeshift stuff for welding/work tables...  It's very very much everything I always thought the Rebellion would look like.  I'm just giddy.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 7, 2016, 11:30 PM »
Absolutely love the OT feel to this movie.  I think my favorite part was seeing the AT-AT's in action again.  Mon Mothma looked perfect.  Loved seeing the Gonk droid in a couple shots.  Emperor's Royal Guards!

One thing I couldn't make out was when they are running through the Death Star and they flash a shot of troopers running after them.  Are those supposed to be 41st Elite Troopers (Kashyyyk Scout Troopers) mixed in with the standard Stormtroopers?  Hard to tell on my system...

My 12yo watched the trailer and immediately wanted to know the rating so that he could possibly go on opening night with me.  Mom's pretty strict about PG-13 movies and wants them screened before the boys see them.  Any word on a rating yet?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: April 8, 2016, 01:08 AM »
Are they aboard the DS tho?  ;)

And I had the same thought.  That's a very 41st Elite look to that armor. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 8, 2016, 12:47 PM »
After watching the Rogue One trailer a handful of times I've got a couple of thoughts.

1 - I love the Star Wars world, and this looks cool.  I can't wait to see it.

2 - This seems even more random than before.  Maybe Disney is holding out on us and we'll see some familiar characters play a prominent role (Obi-Wan, Darth, Emperor, Snoke, Boba Fett, The Ghost / Rebels crew, etc.) that add to their character development.  I don't count Mon Mothma as a character I really care about.

Or maybe these characters will end up re-appearing in other anthology movies taking place in this time frame, or spin off in to a Netflix TV series.  Either way, for a first shot at an anthology movie this seems to have virtually no strong tie ins to anything else that is going on.  It may be a cool story, but I would have started with a Kenobi, or smugglers theme, or Boba Fett, or probably 25 other interesting ideas with more obvious connections.

I'll withhold final judgement until I see it, but I'll be somewhat annoyed if this becomes a completely random movie without adding significantly to the Star Wars world.  Disney is getting a lot of my money - and I'm probably too cynical - but Disney needs to make sure this doesn't come across as a pure money grab.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 8, 2016, 04:40 PM »
No rating that I've seen but the rumors are it's pretty dark.

I've watched the trailer half a dozen times now and I'm actually really excited about this.  A few years ago we thought there'd never be another Star Wars movie, now we already have another one to look forward to that soon after E7... if they can be smart about these and keep them fresh this is going to be a hell of a decade for Star Wars.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #97 on: April 8, 2016, 05:14 PM »
Man I keep watching it...  So much good in there.  RFT's with maybe MP armbands on?  Lotta nods that the Battlefront Rebels are what Rebel "Troopers" look like going on too...  Looks like Dodonna behind Mothma there too, I think.  Seeing Yavin IV like that, it's just so weird.  Weird seeing it again, seeing it bustling...  Did the base largely evac before ANH?  Where's everyone wind up?

Saw a lot of familiar REbel Pilot helmet logos, and saw some other colored jumpsuits too...  Saw makeshift stuff for welding/work tables...  It's very very much everything I always thought the Rebellion would look like.  I'm just giddy.

Jesse's hope for a decent RFT figure is possibly renewed!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: April 8, 2016, 05:23 PM »
Jesse's hope for a decent RFT figure is possibly renewed!  :D

Yep, because if there's one thing in this world Jesse has wanted forever, it's a new 5POA RFT figure.   :-X

:-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 8, 2016, 05:33 PM »
« Last Edit: April 8, 2016, 05:33 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 8, 2016, 05:43 PM »
Do you think the Imperial in white is Tarkin or just some Grand Admiral?

Ben Mendelsohn's character is a high ranking Imperial, but definitely not Tarkin.  There were some articles several months ago that discussed how ROGUE ONE would be incorporating a fully digital Grand Moff Tarkin.  The digital Tarkin will draw on a lot of archival Peter Cushing performances, footage and photographs to create the Tarkin character for ROGUE ONE.  We've seen some amazing looking creatures realized as digital characters, but have we ever really seen a human character convincingly realized as a digital character?  This is going to be one of the big tests for ROGUE ONE.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: April 8, 2016, 07:31 PM »
I will say, if they do a 5POA RFT woman I think it could be cool fodder. 

For me this will be about customizing if it's a good base, much like TFA has been.  I just know I will want MORE of what they crank out for this.  And I'm already kind of bummed knowing most won't be great right out of the packaging.  I just know this will all appeal to me more than TFA did.  A lot of it I could skip or wait for sales.  I now more than ever miss the SA or near it years of the line and wish they'd pack up production for Vietnam or India. :x

Still I'm hopeful for a lot of cool stuff regardless, and who knows, maybe SA will find its way to a general release sub-line rather than exclusive.

But I have my (nearly) perfect RFT. ;)  Now I want Army Regs to go with him haha.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: April 8, 2016, 11:21 PM »
We've seen some amazing looking creatures realized as digital characters, but have we ever really seen a human character convincingly realized as a digital character? 

Maybe Disney has made some advances in that area since they tried it in TRON: Legacy with CLU/young Jeff Bridges?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 9, 2016, 06:50 AM »
That looked good, but the stylization of TRON: Legacy took me out of the movie a little bit.  It looked too good, and lacked a sense of realism.  Even some of these scenes in the beginning of the movie that were flashbacks to the 80's.  Which is odd, since they had Jeff Bridges there to perform the part.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2016, 07:03 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 9, 2016, 10:27 AM »
I saw the trailer and it seems like another piece that bridges the gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.