Author Topic: Rogue One (SPOILERS)  (Read 141512 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One (SPOILERS)
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Enjoy whilst possible:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BH4KywIBTaY/

Fan trailer.  ):

BTW, the Official Star Wars channel on YouTube has posted THE ROGUE ONE PANEL from Star Wars Celebration Europe in London.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:33 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2016, 05:12 PM »
Yeah I hope that is a fan trailer, hehe.  That space ship scene looked like it was out of Wing Commander.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 2, 2016, 11:38 AM »
TV spot trailer released. It's pretty much a shorter version of the first trailer. Nothing new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkHtdmWVmzQ
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 4, 2016, 06:41 AM »
There's a nice look at the U-wing fighter / gunship in this week's episode of The Star Wars show.  And it turns out that the U-wing was featured in the concept artwork that we saw at last year's Star Wars Celebration:

The ship designation is the Incom UT-60D.  It seems to have more in common with the Y-Wing, but that information regarding Incom as the manufacturer is cool to learn.  And the sweepable wings are definitely a callback to the X-wing fighter.

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 4, 2016, 10:10 AM »
Saw that yesterday.  Very awesome and VERY OT.  Love it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 5, 2016, 09:29 AM »
It reminds me of the ships in Buck Rogers.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 5, 2016, 11:51 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2016, 05:24 AM »
Check out this EW article that discusses one of the key locations of ROGUE ONE, the planet Jedha.

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2016, 12:30 PM »
A commercial for a commercial during the Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVZ25TSCoio

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2016, 01:38 PM »
A commercial for a commercial during the Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVZ25TSCoio

I was going to post about that earlier, I saw it last night luckily enough. The scene with the shuttle blowing up on the landing pad was cool as hell...looking forward to the real deal tonight.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2016, 10:43 PM »
I have loved everything I've seen/heard about this movie so far, but that trailer did not make me excited for this movie at all. Weirdly unexciting mishmash of stuff. Maybe the fours hours of Olympics dulled my senses though...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2016, 10:56 PM »
I loved it...  warring and whoring but never boring.

It gave it some sort of feel for how the pacing/story's going to roll along I felt.  It's going to show the Empire as the military tyranny it is and kind of take it out of that more fairy tale "Good vs. Evil" feel the classic films have to them...  I feel like it's going to give the every day war its face, or sorts, that the movies haven't really been about.  At least that is the vibe I get somewhat.

I thought the effects looked great, the AT-ACT getting pinged on the face with a shoulder-fired launcher was great.  I'm very excited for this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2016, 11:38 PM »
And it's already online...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

The droid gives me a very HK-47 feel.  not physically, but personality-wise.  I love it.  My fav KOTOR character hands down, and a great action figure too.  That's gonna be a kick ass figure, even if it's 5 POA.

The fairly early shot of the Destroyer over the Jedha (assuming) city?  I love it...  That fortress look with the Imp Citadel poking out of it...  It reminds me VERY much (so much of this film/characters/stuff in general) of something from DF2: Jedi Knight, where Katarn went back to a city on his home planet that was overrun by the Empire, and had an Imperial pre-fab fortification with a big tower in it established in a war torn city...  This feels like there's a lot of EU overtones to it in weird ways.  Small things, nothing major really, just little stuff.  The Imperial droid not only reminds me of HK47 but also 8T-88, Dark Troopers (Phase I-ish), and some other stuff here and there. 

The Imperial (assuming) shuttles with quad folding wings...  Less a personnel vehicle, more a materials transport?  Again, a lot to take in.

The Imperial Hover Tank/Transport (Looks dual-purpose for sure) reminds me of some very old EU design elements, and then it has a very WW2 tank look to it too...  StgIII look to it, with the low profile and hatches and such.

So much cool.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:47 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2016, 12:29 AM »
I also loved it for a lot of the same reasons Jesse did. This is a straight up war movie and so far, judging from what little we've seen, is more or less what people seem to have been wanting in the PT - more of the same, but better/darker. We'll see. The cinematography so far is outstanding - the shot of the the DS eclipsing the sun on what I believe is Jedha is one of the best shots in SW ever. The shot of the ship going to hyperspace appears to have been shot in camera - the expanding stars projected on a screen - though I can't be sure. Dramatically different than what we've seen and the odd lack of focus in it makes it seem practical. Also classic shot - Jyn Erso Vs. TIE. The prospect of big, big battles - something TFA didn't really deliver on - has me excited, as does some possible cameos.

I've been on record how I didn't think prequels were necessarily a good idea with these anthology films but RO so far actually seems to be delivering a lot of new for how fixed to continuity it is. The U-Wing is the new best ship ever.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:43 AM by Darby »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2016, 12:56 AM »
Agreed completely...  They're taking the old and making you interested in it visually, which is awesome.  They're also throwing the old back at you like an old friend (X-Wings), and in some ways mixing that up too (The downed XW with the nose art).

The shot of the prisoner Rebel Pilots?  Incredible IMHO.

The tank appears to go ape**** and not care about collateral damage or friendly fire...  The crashing TIE, the Jedha city design...  Just so much to enjoy.  I really liked this trailer.

I can't say the speech Jyn was giving in the U-Wing was as powerful as I think we were supposed to feel it was, but it still had a little of that perhaps D-Day landing feel to it on the Higgins boat as Hanks talked to the men a little bit.

I also felt Jyn staring the TIE down was a little bit of Hanks and the Tiger-I on the bridge maybe?  A climactic moment?

Where do all those X-Wings attacking come into play with the whole thing?  How many planets are we jumping between here?  Jedha, Yavin IV...  is the jungle/beach/pouring rain planet all a separate place or multiple locales?

That shot of the AT-ACT's left cheek cannon taking that hit and it actually seemingly being damaging?  I loved that.  I love seeing a different way to take things on like that.