Author Topic: Rogue One (SPOILERS)  (Read 139798 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rogue One (SPOILERS)
« Reply #210 on: October 6, 2016, 10:40 PM »
Hmm so I wonder if those guys in blue-ish outfits on DS2 are also just cargo shuttle pilots?

I can buy the Shories being nothing more than just Stormies in specialized duds too.

On the real world vs SW world terminology, I don't think things jive all that badly really...  Stormtroopers are, to me, the wild card...  They're a branch of military that seems to transcend army/navy.  I view the Star Wars world as fairly clear on those two...  Or at least with the EU mixed in they seemed to be.  Thus the Navy has their Naval Troopers for defense/work, the army has their "Imperial Army Regulars" (essentially AT-ST Drivers make up that uniform...  infantry just wear body armor ala Veers).  The Stormtroopers are somewhere in between, and are the main fighting body of the Empire it appears, but I can see the army backing them up... 

I'm just seeing how these "Shoretroopers" fit into it all...  Like Jeff says, just stormtroopers in "Marine Warfare" gear perhaps...  Or who knows.

I feel like the terminology works though (Army, Navy, etc) ...  Even within the Alliance there's the "fleet" guys and then the commandos who may or may not make up the army end of the Alliance's military units.  I feel like it's possible it's that simple with them as well.  I think we just don't see much of the "army" save for perhaps units on Endor, which could have a heavy mix (like any large military base/installation on a planet may have)?

That is not to say there aren't scads of uniform variations too, I mean this is only going to get more complex as things roll along I believe. :)

Hmm does this make Bodie an army builder?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:14 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2016, 08:47 PM »
That is a quite well done poster.  The graphics over Jyn and things...  Vader's ghostly image there.  Pretty cool stuff.

And the trailer is kinda out of the blue...  Good Morning America I assume, though internet dissection will be my viewing of choice I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2016, 09:09 PM »
It will be on GMA.  Disney is trying very hard to get that whole synergy thing going between Lucasfilm and other Disney properties, like ABC television.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2016, 01:11 AM »
This should also be the trailer that opens before Doctor Strange.  I went to see The Magnificent Seven about a week ago...they had the Teaser up before it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Incredible...I have yet to see anything that leads me to believe this movie will be anything other than amazing. Somehow it even feels more Star Warsy than TFA.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2016, 09:32 AM »
Rogue One second trailer is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2016, 09:39 AM »
Oh my goodness! :o
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2016, 10:04 AM »
I can never be as excited as I was for TFA and seeing Han, Luke and Leia again, but - MAN. Am I excited for this movie.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2016, 10:41 AM »
I really like the look of it.  And there are so many nice little easter eggs in there.  I'm really looking forward to this!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2016, 11:19 AM »
I'm just excited we've got a bunch of new characters, almost none of which is known to survive (granted we don't know if they die either).  I'm looking forward to the freedom the story will have to kill significant characters in the movie and surprise us.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2016, 06:25 PM »
I'm trying to stay away from the spoilers, and I haven't read any of the posts you guys have been making for the last few months, but after watching the second trailer, here's my prediction that may or may not be true and you guys may or may not have already discussed.

Mads Mikkelson's character didn't want to build the Death Star, but went along with it - so he built the thermal exhaust ports into the death star on purpose, hence explaining why it's so simple to destroy it.

I'll check back to see what you guys are saying in late December...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2016, 02:33 AM »
Been dissecting the trailer...

Y-Wings actually...  ya know...  bombing ****.  That's pretty cool.

The Jedi statue?  I loved it.

The Imperial hardware...  awesome.

The Imperial base with the loooonnnnngggg landing platform?  Does that remind anyone else of the base from The Clone Wars where Echo, Fives and everyone met and Rex/Cody showed up and there were giant worm things?  Sure seems similar at the very least.

Vader appears to F Krennic up a tad.

Cassian is all kinda kickass and Bodie seems reluctant.

I'm giddy I picked up cheapo Prince of Persia playsets for super cheap.  They're perfect set piece displays for Jedha I think.

The Rebels are definitely being implied as having a cohesive military but also tons of militias involved too, which is really neat and how I always envisioned them to be.  It's neat seeing it kind of expanded though.

Lots of fighting.  I'm all about it.  This movie has me geeked. Maybe it's the era?  I don't know.  It's just great.  The fact the figures are kind of lame stings all the more thinking about how awesome they could be.  I hate to beat that dead horse, but it's just hitting me more and more how badly I miss the figure quality we were getting.  Bah.  I can customize, sure, but I don't wanna.  I wanna love everything out of the package.  That said, even still, as they are, I'm having fun.  K2, and Imperial Traffic Cop are sooo much fun.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 14, 2016, 09:46 AM »
I'm just excited we've got a bunch of new characters, almost none of which is known to survive (granted we don't know if they die either).  I'm looking forward to the freedom the story will have to kill significant characters in the movie and surprise us.

I hear Darth Vader survives.  :P
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 14, 2016, 10:12 AM »

I hear Darth Vader survives.  :P

Are you sure?  It could be anyone in that suit!  ;)