Author Topic: 2014 TRU "Battle on Endor" Battle Pack  (Read 8206 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2014 TRU "Battle on Endor" Battle Pack
« on: May 24, 2014, 02:04 AM »
TRU Exclusive The Black Series Battle on Endor Battle Pack @ Yodasnews

Looks like it includes an AT-ST and 8 figures - Stormtrooper, AT-ST Driver, Imp Officer, Han, Chewie, Leia, 2x Ewoks.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 TRU "Battle on Endor" Battle Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 07:13 AM »
Another dust magnet.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 09:29 AM »
Tippet the Ewok is one of the two in this set.  Tippett was packed in the TRU exclusive multipack that came out in 2012.  The other Ewok appears to have the same hood as either Romba or Graak.  But the body/head looks different. - Scratch that.  It looks like the second Ewok is from the TRU multi-pack, too.  The grinning one is Flitchee.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:20 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Nothing new so money saved I guess.  That's ok by me.  Better than them sneaking an improved Han or Leia in there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Not too bad of a set actually, and if these are ever discounted I might snag one if the price is right. The Imperial figures are all great and I'm assuming this is the "improved" AT-ST they sold at K-Mart last year, which I never got (and my 09 WM AT-ST has cracked leg joints). Only stinkers are Han and Leia really, and it's not that those are bad figures, they're just old, oddly enough. Also too bad they couldn't throw the movie accurate VOTC Chewie in there since I don't think that headsculpt has ever been rereleased.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 10:08 AM »
At the very least I can see the paint sculpt being different on the At St. At least I hope. Would be nice to have different head sculpts on the Imperial Officer and At-St driver as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 02:24 PM »
At the very least I can see the paint sculpt being different on the At St. At least I hope. Would be nice to have different head sculpts on the Imperial Officer and At-St driver as well.

I feel very much the opposite regarding the head sculpts on the AT-ST Driver and Imperial Officer.  I would much rather see new head sculpts on these figures if they were being offered as carded basic figures, not part of a large exclusive pack that already has numerous repacks.  And let's not forget that this is probably going to retail for somewhere between $60 and $80.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 02:33 PM »

I feel very much the opposite regarding the head sculpts on the AT-ST Driver and Imperial Officer.  I would much rather see new head sculpts on these figures if they were being offered as carded basic figures, not part of a large exclusive pack that already has numerous repacks.  And let's not forget that this is probably going to retail for somewhere between $60 and $80.

Agreed on the head sculpts. Some new heads, repainted Ewoks and AT-ST, and "battle damage" deco on the stormtrooper would have made this set extremely tempting. As-is I might consider purchasing a set on deep discount just to expand my armies.

Also, did anyone else notice the incredibly weird Leia and Han portraits in the bottom corner?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2014, 11:23 PM »
Looked at this more because of the discussion that the Officer might be different, but I see nothing there different at all, right to the oddly painted hands...  Looks the same to me...  I hope.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 11:40 AM »
Umm, so, is this a new headsculpt for Han or are the paint and the camera angle deceiving me?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 12:09 PM »
Umm, so, is this a new headsculpt for Han or are the paint and the camera angle deceiving me?

Old sculpt (TLC)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:09 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 04:35 PM »
What is it with TRU and sucky exclusives?

Is it more them not knowing that all the stuff they are putting out has been released already, or just not caring?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 05:22 PM »
Hasbro and TRU would both eat some blame on it, but I think it's part of them hoping for less collector appeal and more gift set/kid appeal type dealios.  It's like the Attack/Defense of Hoth sets at Target...  They appealed to collectors but ultimately they were intended for kids.  It just worked the other way around but I doubt the Target buyer(s) who picked those was thinking very hard about us when they were picked.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 05:30 PM »
What is it with TRU and sucky exclusives?

I doubt we can fault TRU too much.  I doubt they know when they get pitched these ideas whether there's any new SW figures or not, or if those 2 6" figures are still warming their pegs, in those exclusives.  Those in charge don't know figures like Jayson, Jeff or Jesse and others out there because they don't have one person who's a SW section expert, or Barbie, MLP, LPS, TFs, Hot Wheels, etc... They deal with thousands of different toys so if it looks good on paper, they probably sign up for it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 05:35 PM »
And they get some good ones too...  Can't bat a thousand I suppose.

All those Rebel/Imperial Pilot sets, the Jedi Knight Arena sets, Speederbike...  They have had some doozies, and then there's stuff like this.  Part (all?) of that Cantina pack's selling point is packaging.  It's a display in a box...  Someone's mom will think her son will love it.  That's the hope anyway.  I think that Endor set might be along the, "Look you get a battle in a box" type dealio...  Collectors are secondary.

I'm curious to see what other exclusives may leak out tomorrow.  Might be something really awesome.