Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER FREE)  (Read 22495 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER FREE)
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 12:58 PM »
The kids and I will be doing a home marathon - watching one flick each Saturday night starting 11/7 and then seeing Ep7 on Saturday 12/19.  (yes, including 1-2-3 since they actually like the prequels).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 01:24 PM »
I was thinking about doing something similar at home. 

The marathon SOUNDS great until you actually think about the details.  24 hours in a movie theater can be kind of rough, just from a sleep deprivation standpoint.  I'm used to getting up for work at 4 AM, so that part of it isn't so much the concern.  But sitting in a theater for THAT LONG?  And to have the movie that you really want to see, THE FORCE AWAKENS after watching both the PT and the OT?  I don't think I'd want to be that tired going into the new movie.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 04:04 PM »
The kids and I will be doing a home marathon - watching one flick each Saturday night starting 11/7 and then seeing Ep7 on Saturday 12/19.  (yes, including 1-2-3 since they actually like the prequels).

We'll be doing the same, but I think we'll skip 1-3.  I think they're relevant to the 4-6 story line, but I'm not sure how relevant they are to the 7+ story line.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 05:43 PM »
I agree with Nicklab. That's a lot of Star Wars, and it's going to be hard enough waiting through that week.

I'll probably watch a movie a night leading up to TFA, maybe throw in stuff like the Tartakovsky Clone Wars, or the un-special OT on VHS if I can swing it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 05:53 PM »
That's a lot of Star Wars, and it's going to be hard enough waiting through that week.

It's a lot of ANYTHING, truth be told.  I remember a few years ago I had like 3 days off, and it was summer movie season.  I had some free time and decided to see the first Transformers movie in the theater.  And I had plans that same night to go see a Harry Potter film that night with friends.  Wow, what a mistake!  Feel free to bash the Transformers movie because it's definitely an easy target.  But after that Harry Potter movie?  I was EXHAUSTED!  I couldn't believe how seeing two blockbuster films on the same day in a movie theater wiped me out, even with as much as three hours in between each one.  That experience alone left me very, very wary of doing a movie marathon.  I thought about doing it with the Lord of the Rings films, but those movies are even longer than any of the Star Wars movies.  I would much rather do a series of screenings, but still be well rested and able to enjoy the movie.  And most of all, to let the new film stand on it's own.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 10:09 PM »
When the Special Editions came out I bought tickets to every showing on opening day of ANH. I skipped two of the evening showings but my body ached from the sitting the next day. And that was almost 20 years ago. These days I would probably not be able to make it.

10 years after that my wife surprised me with tickets to an OT marathon at the local art house. It was fun and she was a real trooper since she is not a fan, but it was a full day and the only time I've ever sat through them back to back like that.

We will probably watch the saga in order that week one a night. I still self-edit ROTS for the sake of my 6 year old son. No marathon for me, not even stretched out on the couch. I am no longer the young man who can sit that long. Funny to realize that.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Dammit, they are making this hard...  it seems like every time I turn around this week I'm running from some new TV spot or international clip or Disney XD clip or ABC TV clip.

If was much easier during TPM and AOTC when I was eating up all the spoilers I could find...  :-\

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Dammit, they are making this hard...  it seems like every time I turn around this week I'm running from some new TV spot or international clip or Disney XD clip or ABC TV clip.

If was much easier during TPM and AOTC when I was eating up all the spoilers I could find...  :-\

I haven't sought out the TV clip as I was a little bummed I saw the Japanese trailer.  Is the TB clip something I should try avoiding, or is it just cool random stuff like TIE/X-Wing dogfighting.  TIEs coming out of the sun, etc?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 05:28 PM »
Avoid that EW article/issue.  Some pictures and commentary reveal quite a bit and one has me guessing something about someone. 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 06:03 PM »
I'm with you Jeff, every day is a battle.  I used to spend a lot of time on Yahoo but it seems like every other article is about TFA spoilers.  The next five weeks can't go by fast enough...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 06:17 PM »
I've seen all the trailers and TV spots so far and except for one thing in the international trailer (but seriously, we knew something was going on there anyway), I have no real details about the plot.

I do know there's going to be one hell of a flight through Jakku with the Falcon and some TIE fighters!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 03:42 PM »
Don't forget about Sith lord Jar Jar.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 09:46 AM »
One month and counting...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 12:04 PM »
'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Racks Up $50M-Plus in Advance Ticket Sales

lol, not even out yet and it's already #47 for 2015 box office. 

Makes you wonder what's going to happen... $200 million opening weekend?  $250 mil?  $300?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Well, I'm already slated to see it Thursday, Friday and Saturday (tickets in hand), so I can easily see this breaking records for opening weekend.  Every theater around my area is sold out, so I have a feeling this is going to be pretty epic.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!