Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Pacific Rim

(1/6) > >>

BillCable:
Pacific Rim looks AWESOME

Jeff:
Gundam/Battlemechs vs. Interdimensional Godzillas?  It's like live-action Godzilla Anime.  Yeah, I'll be watching that one.

JediJman:
Wow.  That looks fantastic!  I'm going to have save up my movie money for next year...

iFett:
Rad

McMetal:
"Saw PACIFIC RIM earlier today. It's all right if you're into movies that are awesome and gut-punch you with brilliance." - Patton Oswalt

Seconded! I just got back and have zero complaints. I was as geeked for this as any movie since "Watchmen" and it did not disappoint in any way.

Highly recommend the 3-D version too. It was amazing, second only to the Hobbit IMO as far as a truly immersive experience. Kind of hyped to see the 3-D IMAX version now. My head might explode.

Good actors, good plot, freaking off the chain effects, just the right balance of humor/drama/etc. If I had to find something negative to say the worst thing I could think of would be that maybe it drags a little in the middle between robot fight scenes. But I could watch two solid hours of giant robots fighting huge monsters so that's just me.  ;)

Good popcorn flick for sure, action packed, yet not totally mindless. It has its share of occasional corn, but there were definitely more than a few "**** yeah!" moments in there. All the robots were freaking awesome, and the creatures too, although they seemed less unique as the movie went on. All the stuff in the breach was waaay cool.

Just conceptually brilliant stuff, del Toro has really delivered a future classic here. Five badass stars from me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version