Author Topic: 6" Prototype Boba Fett (Walgreens)  (Read 20286 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Prototype Boba Fett (Walgreens)
« Reply #15 on: July 1, 2014, 07:24 PM »
The only difference I know of between ESB and RotJ Fett are the colors on the gauntlets.  In Jedi one is red instead of the green/blue color.  There are probably more though.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 1, 2014, 07:53 PM »
That "Hasbro beauty pic" is amazing. The deco is phenomenal--and that's saying something on a white-on-white costume.

This is the first 6" to tempt me, I can't wait to see what the production pieces look like.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 1, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Yeah, it should come out nice. I guess this was probably farther down my list than some of the other options but I'll definitely be picking one up. I hope this does very well for Walgreen's and we see more stuff like this in the future. I know exclusives can be a drag, but it's also a good avenue to release some interesting repaints or kitbashes that might otherwise never get produced.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: July 2, 2014, 01:08 AM »
If Walgreen's pricing is like everywhere else, I'm all for it...  I find it sort of odd, but I'm all for it.  There's like a billion Walgreen's stores around me (and seemingly everyone else), so it seems like finding what you want shouldn't be too hard anyway.  Unless each store gets like one guy (queue the sinister Hasbro giggling).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: July 2, 2014, 01:13 AM »
If Walgreen's pricing is like everywhere else, I'm all for it...  I find it sort of odd, but I'm all for it.  There's like a billion Walgreen's stores around me (and seemingly everyone else), so it seems like finding what you want shouldn't be too hard anyway.  Unless each store gets like one guy (queue the sinister Hasbro giggling).

They have it at $19.99, hopefully it holds out there.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: July 2, 2014, 01:31 AM »
I meant in general, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that simply because Walgreens are everywhere...  That'd be good for us, haha.  Buuuuutttttttttt, I can't say I have a lot of positive hope that this will hold at $19.99.  Just seems too good to be true.

The more 6" does stuff like this though?  The more I see 4" going the way of the dinosaur, in terms of collector-focused figures.  I feel like what we're seeing is the death throws of a smaller collector line.  Think Hasbro wants to go all 6", start fresh, keep 4" a kid-focused line with MS/Legends.

This Fett feels like a blow to 4" TBS in some capacity...  it's sort of irrational because there's no real evidence, just smells like that may be around the corner to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 5, 2014, 10:22 PM »
So...this is coming in a special assortment with Darth Vader, Jedi Luke, the Black Pauldron Stormtrooper and the Stormtrooper? (as per JediInsider)

Interesting if true. This sounds a lot like that online case assortment that was recently "cancelled".

If these are supposed to hit in the next month or so though, that sure doesn't seem to leave much time or space for the Clone Trooper/Anakin wave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 6, 2014, 01:15 PM »
That dents the, "this may be easy to get" theory.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 6, 2014, 01:56 PM »
That cancelled online case had 3x Fetts and eight figures total. Hopefully that ratio will be what arrives at Walgreens and each store will get at least one case.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Seeing as how there's a Walgreen's 5 minutes away from every other Walgreen's, I'm hoping this guy will be super easy to track down.  I wish they were just getting cases full of Fett though.  That other stuff will clog their pegs fast.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 04:13 AM »
I've hit up random Walgreens around town over the past few weeks for random stuff and each time I hit the toy section just because... I know there are a gazillion Walgreens on every corner but I have no idea how this is even going to work because Walgreens' toy aisle is pitiful at best.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 08:50 AM »
I believe I heard the SW figures are going to be in its own cardboard display.  Correct me if I'm wrong, if someone knows differently.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 10:17 AM »
I find it interesting that Walgreens in the US is also going to carry a Doctor Who 3.75 inch figure as well in the coming months. It'll be curious to see how this exclusive thing works out for them over all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 11:37 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted in here yet... just saw it as I was catching up on some stuff from last week - boxed photo and listing at Walgreens.com:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 09:00 AM »
According to Walgreens, this is due to arrive 9/2.

I predict this will be the next new 6" figure anyone finds in a store. Which means we will be getting Vader, Jedi Luke, and the Black Pauldron Sandtrooper before Anakin and the Clone Trooper, which should have been out months ago.  ::)