Author Topic: 6" Prototype Boba Fett (Walgreens)  (Read 20246 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: 6" Prototype Boba Fett (Walgreens)
« Reply #45 on: September 2, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Speaking of Walgreens horrible customer service and overall computer systems... I ordered one of these guys but have since gotten a new credit card.  To get free shipping I had some deodorant tacked onto the order too - that already shipped.

Since part of the order already shipped, the people at their 800 number tell me that there is literally no possible way for them to update the credit card on the order.  I'm fully expecting that the one I ordered will never come based on what they told me.

Which is absurd.

Keep us updated on the deodorant?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 2, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Oh, that arrived a few days after I put the order in.  It's been great in terms of keeping my armpits from smelling ******.  Also, it works well as toothpaste once you mash it up enough to put it on a brush.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #47 on: September 2, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Oh, that arrived a few days after I put the order in.  It's been great in terms of keeping my armpits from smelling ******.  Also, it works well as toothpaste once you mash it up enough to put it on a brush.

Well I don't know about you but the exclusive Mountain Musk Speed Sticks are already shelf-warming at all the Walgreens where I live!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 2, 2014, 09:54 PM »
Not around here, those are rare.  I found a few but I had to drive around to 6 or 7 Walgreens before I finally ran across a stock clerk putting a fresh case out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: September 3, 2014, 01:15 AM »
Stupid Walgreens, if they only knew how to sell hygiene stuff.  It's the collectors who should be running those stores because we know what people should smell like.

(By the way, after typing that, the line that collectors know better what people should smell like, literally made myself laugh out loud.)  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 3, 2014, 09:30 AM »
This is NOT A GAME JESSE!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 3, 2014, 11:51 AM »
I've been checking Walgreens the past few days as well.  We have a ton of them in town I know, but I've only hit four or five with no luck.  I've seen the Game of Thrones stuff at several, and just found the Agent Venom figure from the Marvel Legends line at one of them this weekend.  No Star Wars though, aside from some 20" Darth Maul figures.  Are these always showing up in those little sidecap thingys?  That's where I've seen the other "collector" figures, at least for the most part.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 3, 2014, 01:40 PM »
Are these always showing up in those little sidecap thingys?  That's where I've seen the other "collector" figures, at least for the most part.

I've seen the Game of Thrones figures on both the sidecap and in the main aisle.  Just depends on the store I think.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: September 3, 2014, 06:06 PM »
Saw GoT guys in a display but TWD figs were on pegs in the main toy area.  Star Wars was minimal and no 6" at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #54 on: September 5, 2014, 11:55 AM »
Got lucky and found this the other day, a staff member was just walking around with it and unsure of what it was.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 5, 2014, 12:40 PM »
Went looking for these with no luck, but one manager said a lot of people are asking about it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 5, 2014, 01:55 PM »
Went looking for these with no luck, but one manager said a lot of people are asking about it.

I'd feel a lot better about this if it was "you and I" asking about it and not all the douches with three of these at a time on ebay.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 5, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Evenflow - where in the country are you located?  Has there been any sign of these in the midwest region yet?  I'm already tired of hitting up Walgreens stores around the metro
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 5, 2014, 02:40 PM »
I keep checking as well, but no signs here. I have seen the GoT stuff several times and started seeing the Marvel Agent Venom this week. It does seem like Walgreens has been expanding their toy aisle though.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 5, 2014, 03:59 PM »
Found one of these today at a Walgreens around the corner from my office.  Assuming that they'll be canceling my other order because as a company, Walgreens doesn't have a clue, I went ahead and picked it up.