Author Topic: 6" Prototype Boba Fett (Walgreens)  (Read 20287 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Prototype Boba Fett (Walgreens)
« Reply #60 on: September 5, 2014, 11:12 PM »
I had a fun experience at 3 different Walmarts today trying to track down a Proto Boba and Sandtrooper:

Store #1: Paydirt! They had both figures plus a Chewie. While waiting in line to check out, I notice the Sandtrooper's right arm is completely broken off inside the package. Sheared off right below the shoulder. Unbelievable. A closer inspection of Proto Boba reveals an unsightly silver blob on his visor. Since I have a friend supposedly holding on to an extra Boba for me, I reluctantly leave him and the broken Sandy behind. (I did point out the broken piece to the clerk but fully expect this will show up again)

Store #2: Refuse to send anyone into the back room to even check for me, despite them having two employees just sitting there. Said their Fall reset is a jumble of boxes and they can't be bothered to go digging around for SW toys. Astounding customer service. Didn't even bother to press the issue, although I did note that none of the other stores I had visited had had a problem checking on this for me.

Store #3: Found someone willing to help, they came out with a fresh case - 2 Vaders and a Jedi Luke. Doh. So close!

I'm starting to wonder if Boba will actually be harder to find than I thought. A lot of stores aren't even getting one in their initial allotment of 3 figures. I could see each store getting their 3 and never restocking again after that. (Though that would be crazy the way these things are selling for them)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 6, 2014, 08:41 AM »
Are you just going to the checkout and asking if someone will check the stockroom for you?  I typically only see like one person in the store so figured they wouldn't do that.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 6, 2014, 10:12 AM »
Are you just going to the checkout and asking if someone will check the stockroom for you?  I typically only see like one person in the store so figured they wouldn't do that.

Usually yeah, unless I see a manager out on the floor somewhere, they are usually the most helpful. If you ask the person up front at the cash register if you can have someone check stock for you on an item, they will generally page someone to come up front to help you.

I've yet to see any actually on a shelf or peg, so I guess they are holding them for some kind of planned reset.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 7, 2014, 10:43 AM »
I've been checking stores in my area over the past week plus.  No sign of Proto-Boba or ANY TBS 6" figures.  I get the feeling that these might be creeping out slowly across the country.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 8, 2014, 11:21 AM »
I've been checking stores in my area over the past week plus.  No sign of Proto-Boba or ANY TBS 6" figures.  I get the feeling that these might be creeping out slowly across the country.

That's exactly my impression. Of the two close that I hit up, one put out the shelf tags while the other has not. It's also part of their christmas plan I'm told by a manager, so I'm hoping there will be plenty.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 8, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Still no sign of him in my area.  I have a bad feeling about this.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #66 on: September 8, 2014, 11:36 AM »
I had to stop in this morning to get some Chapstick. There were no Fetts to be found. There must be some sort of clandestine agreement between Walgreens and the local scalper consortium. That's the only possible explanation for them not having any.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 8, 2014, 01:41 PM »
I've run into a store where the clerk seemed to know what they were and recalled selling several of them over the last week versus other stores that have said," we're resetting the aisle and I'd have to go through 50 tubs in the back to find what you're looking for.  Just come back in a few days." 

If every store is getting at least 3 Fetts and they're all resetting in the next week or two, I think these will still be easy enough to get.  However, if some stores aren't carrying them in the reset or each store is getting a partial case of figures then I'm a lot more worried about the scalping.  I can probably find 10 stores in close proximity.  If they all get Fett, I'm just trying to get 1 of 30 possible figures.   If they get partial cases with just 2-3 total figures per store, there may only be 3-4 stores where he actually exists and if they only get 1 or 2, I'm liking my odds a lot less.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 8, 2014, 02:02 PM »
I definitely think for the first go-round at least stores are only getting 3 random figures, and Fett is not a given. I've seen fewer stores with him than without. I did ask a manager at a store that had already sold through their allotment if they would be getting more and he seemed sure that they would be.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 8, 2014, 04:41 PM »
I hope you are right.  I  have zero confidence in what any of the Walgreens employees say about anything related to this product.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #70 on: September 8, 2014, 11:22 PM »
Should be there on Tuesday.
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 9, 2014, 11:02 AM »
Scored Proto Fett this morning after a manager asked if he could help me find anything.  They had just one and two Vaders.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 9, 2014, 11:47 AM »
Checked the Walgreens website and they say it's a release date of Nov. 1... so be patient out there.  Of course, it also says it's not available in stores, either.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2014, 11:48 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 9, 2014, 02:19 PM »
Checked the Walgreens website and they say it's a release date of Nov. 1... so be patient out there.  Of course, it also says it's not available in stores, either.

Seems weird if it really had a Nov. 1 release date that people would have been finding them in August.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #74 on: September 9, 2014, 06:19 PM »
Got mine today.
He's no good to me open