Author Topic: 6" Prototype Boba Fett (Walgreens)  (Read 20292 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 6" Prototype Boba Fett (Walgreens)
« Reply #75 on: September 9, 2014, 10:45 PM »
Evenflow - where in the country are you located?  Has there been any sign of these in the midwest region yet?  I'm already tired of hitting up Walgreens stores around the metro

Living in Arizona at the moment.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2014, 12:28 PM »
Opened this bad boy up last night and found myself liking it more than I expected. Something about the all-white motif just brings out the sublime brilliance of the sculptural details.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2014, 12:40 PM »
My closest store started a waiting list. Management said that there are dozens of names and aren't taking any more.  :-\

At least I've been able to score some Doctor Who figs there.  :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Yeah, I've actually been surprised at how many different stores have told me "yeah, we've had a lot of calls about those" when I've asked.  Some seem annoyed, although others don't seem to mind too much.  If there is one thing this "hunt for Fett" has made me realize, I don't think I like "the hunt" anymore.  It may just be the store(s) and the situation, but driving around to multiple Walgreens the last couple weeks has just seemed like a big time suck ;).  I've used the Fett finder feature on Walgreens.com, and it seems pretty accurate for the most part.  It seems to show "in stock" if they have any 6" series at all (not just Fett), and goes out of stock the same day if sold out.  I did run into one store who when I told them their website said they had them in stock, said they had a Fett, but it was being held for someone who called in....for three days now.  Oh well.  I have found a Vader and a Luke, so it was nice to not come home completely empty handed from these multiple trips, but I think I'm about done running to stores outside of the ones closest to our house (or maybe just the one closest).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2014, 09:24 PM »
I've been hitting a number of area Walgreens over the past couple of weeks.  But the Fett finder on the Walgreens website will be a tremendous help in tracking this down.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2014, 09:42 AM »
This past weekend, the Walgreens toy buyer tweeted that solid cases of eight 6" ProtoFetts will hit over 5,000 stores starting in November.

Nice to know that 40k more are on the way for those that are struggling to get one...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2014, 02:20 PM »
I tried using that store finder this weekend.  I called around to 2 stores that supposedly had stock.  After getting passed around to a few different people, I had whoever was on the other end essentially cut me off as I was asking to say they're all gone.  I wonder if they've been getting that many calls of if they just aren't used to any questions about their toy dept.  I couldn't muster the effort to call any more stores after feeling scolded.  Glad to hear there are more figures on the way, but I want a Chewie!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2014, 05:29 PM »
Sounds like their buyer cares and was putting forth the effort to get more product.  That's pretty cool.

Once my local bud got his I quit looking.  I kinda like the idea of Walgreen's being involved since any competition is good, but man I hate exclusives for the most part.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2014, 06:10 PM »
I'm thrilled Walgreen's got in the game because otherwise it would be months from now that we'd be seeing these figures. (Our area has never even gotten a single Clone Trooper or Anakin on the pegs.) It was a brilliant move on their part too because they've essentially got five exclusives figures going for them now until other stores catch up. Which will probably be awhile judging by how things are going.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2014, 07:56 PM »
The only place I've seen Anakin and the Clone Trooper (along with lots of Fetts and Stormies) was last week in the Paris Disney Store for 25 Euros... too much to be buying them for my taste.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Got shipping notification this morning for my preorder.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2014, 09:03 PM »
Wow, now that's a delay.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2014, 06:02 PM »
Anybody got a sense for how Walgreen's distribution network works and how quickly they restock?  I've been watching a local WG that has empty pegs (with 6" shelf tags) for about three weeks.  I stop in a couple of times a week and the pegs are always empty.  I'm guessing they're just not getting stuff that quickly.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2014, 10:03 PM »
Anybody got a sense for how Walgreen's distribution network works and how quickly they restock? 

Earlier this Fall, the Walgreens toy buyer sent out some tweets that revealed all of their initial stock had been shipped to the stores, but there are another 40k coming to stores in November for re-stocking (see below).

This past weekend, the Walgreens toy buyer tweeted that solid cases of eight 6" ProtoFetts will hit over 5,000 stores starting in November.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2014, 04:42 PM »
Some Walgreens news from Walgreens Toy Buyer Steve Anne:

Oct 23:
Chicago area starting to get some Star Wars Black back in stock. Other areas of the country starting next week.

Oct 25
Star Wars Black 6" - Wave 5 and Proto Boba Fett hitting our warehouses now. Wave 6 on order and following a couple months after.