Author Topic: Scavenger Hunt Contest  (Read 2872 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Scavenger Hunt Contest
« on: August 13, 2003, 03:37 PM »
This is the first star wars forum I have ever seen where it's scavenger hunt trivia questions have more to do with the personal facts about it's members than Star Wars itself.

Very interesting concept, and still a little scary too.

I'm glad I didn't tell anyone my Dog's name when I was a kid. That might have been number 14.

;D

« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 03:43 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
Re: JediDefender: Back To Back Contests
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 03:51 PM »
There's always the great forums known as Rebelscum...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 04:01 PM »
This is the first star wars forum I have ever seen where it's scavenger hunt trivia questions have more to do with the personal facts about it's members than Star Wars itself.

I'm glad I didn't tell anyone my Dog's name when I was a kid. That might have been number 14.

;D

[/b][/glow]
Hehehe, I Have to agree with ya on that one... A first for everything huh.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 04:12 PM »
This is a forum community scavenger hunt and is about mostly staff and a few members. Without getting too much into the recent events these days, we are a close community here, that strives to be friendly and informative, and our contest reflects that. Perhaps if you feel this is not a good way to run the contest, you shouldn't enter.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 04:17 PM by Chris Berry »

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 04:31 PM »
This is a forum community scavenger hunt and is about mostly staff and a few members. Without getting too much into the recent events these days, we are a close community here, that strives to be friendly and informative, and our contest reflects that. Perhaps if you feel this is not a good way to run the contest, you shouldn't enter.
[/b][/glow]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wasn't complaneing about it... Not in the least, just thought it was intresting,  in other words I mean it's a neat Idea.   :P

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 04:33 PM »
I'm glad to hear that.

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 04:54 PM »
It is a nice thing to see,

but don't you think you are encouriging Spam ???

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 05:01 PM »
Our members don't have a problem with spam at JediDefender. We all are mature individuals and know that spam is not tolerated at this site.

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 06:22 PM »
Woo, I'm already halfway through the Scavenger Hunt!

This is a great idea, Chris! :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 07:59 PM »
Bonus: (worth 5 extra questions correct) How old is Chris Berry? (the answer is NOT 103)

Chris, so are you planning on providing ALL the answers to these questions when the contest is over?  I can't wait to hear how old your are, since nobody really knows that.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2003, 10:08 PM »

;D

Obviously you haven't been over to GalacticHunter too much lately Josh.  They've done the exact same thing a couple times already this year!  Ssshhh...  Don't tell anyone, but that's kinda where we got the fun idea from!   ;)  The guys over at TheJawa.com and Frank at Niub Niub's Universe (dioramas and customs) do scavenger hunts all the time as well, just with little "guys" that you have to find around their site.  So really many of the SW sites out there do similar things to this, just not RS is all...

It's just a fun way to get to know some of your fellow forum members and JD staff here a little better, and is a bit more challenging than just submitting your name and address.  Obviously something of this nature works better in a smaller and more tight knit community like ours (or GH), than the much larger posting factories.

The only tricky part is going to be our "Search" feature here, which can be rather temperamental from time to time.

Good luck to everyone!   :-*

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2003, 05:46 PM »

Jeez Chris, I was just remarking that it was the first time I've ever seen a contest like this. I've never seen personal details used as questions before on a forum (and I don't go to GH anymore, so this was new to me).

That's all I was pointing out. It was a new concept to me. I didn't say there was anything WRONG with it. I didn't say it was "run wrong".  I didn't say it was lame or anything.

The only remark I made that could be taken as derogatory (and warrant the responses I got)  is that it was "scary"....and all I meant is that everyone's details are not only well known, but that they're trivia.  On the net, that's sort of a rare thing, no?

It was an attempt at humor, and (at least to me)...a pretty clear one.

Then I get this reply telling me not to enter, and I get one from Jimmy suggesting the "Great forums at RS" ( Which by the way you are WAY too obsessed with considering you've been  banned from it for months. Get over it and move on).  

You guys are really touchy about something that was nothing more than an observation.

I don't know if it's cause it sometimes seems like I'm the only person here who doesn't have the common hatred for RS that it seems I'm supposed to have, or what.....but it just seems kind of lame to get snapped at for remarking on a contest of which the likes I have never seen before.

Anyway, it was a strange but COOL idea (so there can be no misinterpretation of my comments) and that's all I meant. Please lighten up on me.
Got Clones?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2003, 05:52 PM »
 :) ;)

Offline vinal-cape

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2003, 06:56 PM »
Awsome contest prizes! This site always has great contests and the rewards to go along with them. When you said 3 posts in new threads did you mean to start a new one or any one that has new beside it in the forums?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2003, 07:16 PM »
Thanks for the compliments, testing. A total of 15 posts, 3 being new threads, is the requirement for the Unleashed contest.

Josh, I'm sorry that I misunderstood your comments. To me, your intentions were not clear. There is no need to hate RebelScum when you post at JediDefender, that comment was not warranted. As I said, to me, your comments did seem derogatory, I now know they were not meant to be.