Author Topic: What is the Pride and Joy of your Collection?  (Read 12591 times)

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
What is the Pride and Joy of your Collection?
« on: August 15, 2003, 01:14 AM »
This Question was pulled from StarWars.com fourms thought it would be a cool little thing to do on these boards as it seemed to be a big hit.

What piece of Star Wars history (or present) is the pride and joy of your own Star Wars collection and why? It can be anything, from the wrapper off your first SW video to the most expensive piece of art offered in the history of the world. Share!

Mine is my 12" Darth Vader Signed by David Prowse... I Have alot more items that are worth much more than it is, ut its the only Autograph I have from the Star Wars Universe / at least its the only one I know for a fact to be real.   :P

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: What is the Pride and Joy of your Collection?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 09:57 PM »
Well, originally my pride and joy were my two Blue Snaggletooth figures that I have from childhood.

But now I would have to say that my current "pride & joy" is my orange carded POTF2 Boba Fett figure signed by Jeremy Bulloch.  I have never met any Star Wars actors in person before, and this was my first autographed anything that I have gotten.  So, it was just one of the most memorable and honorable moments I've ever had relating to Star Wars.  Jeremy and I talked for 5 minutes about anything & everything.  He's a great guy to meet in person.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 08:07 PM by dustrho »
dustrho

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 12:55 AM »
This may sound a little silly,  but one of my most prized pieces is my orange carded Tatooine Stormtrooper.  My signifigant other bought it for me a couple of years ago and surprised me with it when I went to California to visit her. :o

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 01:07 AM »
Here's my Pride & Joy!  ;D

Well there are a few in my collection. Let's see, my Vinyl Cape Jawa, Blue Snaggletooth, Vlix, cast from the real Vlix figure, DT Luke Skywalker, POTF Luke Stormtrooper carded, 12 back C-3PO carded, 12 back Palitoy Ben carded, 12" Boba Fett vinty boxed plus many, many more. Just way to much to list here.  ;)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 01:09 AM »
The pride of my collection is my vintage landspeeder protos. Can be seen in teh proto thread. But I do have an item I am working on that may surpass those as my center piece. I will post a follow up when i complete the deal. small hint is it is  still factory sealed and has 48 items in it ;)
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Jango Fettish

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 01:16 AM »
Man, tough call.

Either my ILM "Rumble" sweatshirt or my complete run of Jango Fett: Kamino Escape figures, considering I am the only person in the world with all 7.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 08:13 PM »
my complete run of Jango Fett: Kamino Escape figures, considering I am the only person in the world with all 7.

Got proof? Sorry, but I actually have a hard to believing that, are there one of a kind pieces in that run or something?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 09:52 AM »
Boy..tough call.  I'd have to say it's my autographed pictures.  Since I was able to obtain them all personally, they have a special meaning to me.

Runner up is my framed Queen Amidala picture from KFC.  It's such a gorgeous piece and something that very few people have.  This isn't the best picture but it's all I have at the moment:

Queen Amidala
Beth

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 01:42 PM »
My vintage Death Star and Amanaman figure

Jango Fettish

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2003, 07:40 PM »
my complete run of Jango Fett: Kamino Escape figures, considering I am the only person in the world with all 7.

Got proof? Sorry, but I actually have a hard to believing that, are there one of a kind pieces in that run or something?

I mean a run akin to a Vintage figure fun with various offers, backs, etc.
And come to think of it, I now have all 10

Hasbro Jango Fett - Kamino Escape w/o BG
Hasbro Jango Fett - Kamino Escape w/ BG
Hasbro Jango Fett - Kamino Escape w/ BG + Armor Variant
TOMY Jango Fett - Kamino Escape  w/ Japanese Labels
Hasbro Jango Fett - Kamino Escape (European)
Hasbro Jango Fett - Kamino Escape (Tri Logo)
Hasbro Jango Fett - Kamino Escape (Tri Logo w/ Catalog)
Hasbro Jango Fett - Kamino Escape (Gold w/ No Arrow)
Hasbro Jango Fett - Kamino Escape (Gold w/ Sticker Arrow)
Hasbro Jango Fett - Kamino Escape (Gold w/ Printed Arrow)  
« Last Edit: August 23, 2003, 07:43 PM by Cory H »

obi_robz

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2003, 02:18 PM »
If you’re counting stickers (i.e. Japanese TOMY), how about the Hasbro UK released US card with European sticker + the new Gold version on a Hasbro UK released US card with multi-European language stickers covering the lower third of the cardback and the POP?

There’s noting in my all-post-`98 collection that’s worthy of a particular mention other than my Watto’s Box Seat set that was very hard to come by in the UK.

Offline Darthcycy

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 07:44 AM »
My Life Sized Darth Maul from KFC

but he will be soon replaced by my TF vader that I'll have sigfned by Dave Prowse this week end

Cy

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2003, 04:36 PM »
My pride and my joy eh?

Well, having only 130 items in my current 3 and 3/4 inch collection, I can truly narrow it down to...my ARC Trooper. Since first I laid thine eyes on this awsome design in the comics, I said, gee, I wish I had one of those as a toy.

And look.

Now I do.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2003, 06:13 PM »
Easy...

Signed/Remarqued prints of Dave Dorman's 'Dewback Patrol' and 'Battle of Hoth'...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2003, 08:14 PM »
Easy...

Signed/Remarqued prints of Dave Dorman's 'Dewback Patrol' and 'Battle of Hoth'...

nice. i really wanted his remarqued prints of boba fett, but i couldn't afford the ones i saw. i had to go for the regular signed ones...