Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2014  (Read 10359 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
San Diego Comic Con 2014
« on: July 23, 2014, 08:18 AM »
Mods, please feel free to move or delete this if there is a duplicate thread out there...I looked for one but couldn't find it any of the the usual forums.

Seems like a pretty low buzz for SDCC this year. I gues the past few years' disappointments have level set expectations somewhat.

What are you guys really hoping to see? Surprise 3&3/4" figs? Next 2 waves of 6" guys? Upcoming store exclusives?

I would really like to see about all of the 6" figures that have been rumored about for the past few months, including Bossk, C-3PO, etc. I know the TIE Pilot is going to be shown too.

That's pretty much it. There are a couple of pieces of information I would love to get confirmation on too though, namely, what is going on with the Anakin/Clone Trooper 6" wave that has been MIA all year, and can they please confirm plans to release the Ghost in the Rebels line?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Mods, please feel free to move or delete this if there is a duplicate thread out there...I looked for one but couldn't find it any of the the usual forums.

Seems like a pretty low buzz for SDCC this year. I gues the past few years' disappointments have level set expectations somewhat.

What are you guys really hoping to see? Surprise 3&3/4" figs? Next 2 waves of 6" guys? Upcoming store exclusives?

I would really like to see about all of the 6" figures that have been rumored about for the past few months, including Bossk, C-3PO, etc. I know the TIE Pilot is going to be shown too.

That's pretty much it. There are a couple of pieces of information I would love to get confirmation on too though, namely, what is going on with the Anakin/Clone Trooper 6" wave that has been MIA all year, and can they please confirm plans to release the Ghost in the Rebels line?

Wave 4 of the 6" figures are shipping now. I got my notification last night from Entertainment Earth
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:51 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 10:10 AM »
Cool, I thought i heard something about that. Are Boba and the Stormy still the other 2 in this case?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:16 AM »
Cool, I thought i heard something about that. Are Boba and the Stormy still the other 2 in this case?

Yes.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 11:30 AM »
I'll drop this in here since we have a thread now...  Hasbro's pre-con PR blurb for Star Wars -
With Lucasfilm and Disney's new animated series, STAR WARS REBELS, premiering this fall, STAR WARS fans will be eager to stop by Hasbro's booth at Comic-Con for exclusive giveaways, an autograph signing and interactive panels. On Friday, July 25th at 12:00 p.m. , Hasbro will welcome STAR WARS fans to a special panel with members of the Hasbro brand and design teams as they discuss the popular Hasbro STAR WARS line and share a sneak peek of upcoming, never before seen action figures from the highly anticipated STAR WARS REBELS animated series.

I'm not sure what I'm expecting from SDCC this year.  Not much I guess...   recent history has me trained to not get too excited about whatever I see, because the final retail product will inevitably let everyone down (bad paint apps, bad distribution, bad case packs, etc). :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:58 PM »
This news about Hot Toys doing smaller scale SW figures has me intrigued. They are the gold standard in the industry IMO.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 02:04 PM »
Hot Toys announced 1/4 and 1/6 scale toys.  I think it would be awesome if they announced some sort of 1/18th scale line.  I think the dream of a lot of adult collectors is to have some detailed environments from a high end shop like Hot Toys or Sideshow.  But if anything I think this Hot Toys announcement is going to broaden what we see in the realm of 12"  and 18" figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 04:12 PM »
People would shart immediately at the price I'm afraid.

I have the Hot Toys Snap Kits Aliens figures, and they're awesome, but they're anything but toys too in a way.  The Aliens are sturdy in that line...  In the previous line though (AvP) they're pretty unstable and take some extra effort to make as such.

The Marines are poseable, yet not...

It'd be a heavily mixed bag of hyper detail, and hyper fragility.  I'd be into it because HT probably wouldn't go ape**** on the quantity of figures they made.  So the price would be an afterthought to me then.  I'd buy them but I know people would be po'd about one flaw or another since I've found HT stuff to be "fragile" and pricey.  Even their 1/6 seem a touch more fragile than even SS stuff which is definitely not kid friendly at all.

I'm in though on that idea.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 10:28 AM »
So...hoping we will see ALL of those upcoming Saga Legends figures like the Jedi Temple Guard this week, but apparently it won't be til after the Hasbro presentation. (Even though they have all been leaked already)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 02:22 PM »
All the Jedi Defender Image Galleries are live, but look for more to come as the weekend progresses!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 02:53 PM »
Many more hyper detailed Hasbro pics are on the way soon too...  This is way too much work, with work on top of this work.   :-*
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:54 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 03:13 PM »
The presentation is tomorrow, right?  It would be nice if the presentation would get streamed live, but that might be asking too much.  Especially since there are likely to be about 200 people live tweeting from inside the event.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Nice job on the JAKKS Pacific stuff, had not seen any of their pictures yet.

Man, some of those 20" figures (Boba, Stormy) are sweet. So much want, so little room though!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 01:34 PM »
A little under 90 minutes until the Hasbro panel commences at SDCC.  Anyone willing to go out on a limb with a prediction?

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 02:12 PM »
Whatever we see will be it until Episode VII