Author Topic: Star Wars Hero Series X-Wing  (Read 21427 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Rebels Hero Series X-Wing
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 01:45 AM »
If throwing a conniption over toys every other day, either because they're not what I want exactly, or they're not readily available to me, or because I think they cost too much, or I think they're painted poorly, or because I unfairly compare them to things no mass produced toy ever will (or did) compare to...  Then sure, I'll turn my collector card in.  Happily.  All day long.  I wouldn't want to be in that peer group, frankly.

I've been saying it on Twitter and I'll say it here...  The more you apply a little logic to things, the more happy about collecting you'll be.  It's a lot easier to see the positives that way.

I just wish Hasbro would now do a B-Wing and Y-Wing...  I'd be over the forest moon of Endor for that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 07:42 PM »
What Jesse said.

Perspective is healthy in all things, and certainly in a hobby as inconsequential, in the end, as this one. Enjoy it or don't. If you don't, save yourself some needless frustration and find a better hobby.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Saw these at K-Mart tonight which surprised me given there's no shelf space for them in that last reset.  Another reset may be afoot there.

I also utilized some TRU coupons this past weekend and picked one up for myself.  $15 off was nice.

So far, largely my thoughts are the same.  There is as much good as bad to this toy that was ultimately 100% not made for us, so to find such a good level of "This can work" for us is a miracle.  Considering basically Hasbro told everyone at Toy Fair to not get their panties in a wad because it's got nothing to do with collectors, it kinda is funny everyone's panties were in a wad.  I wasn't even there and got the memo.

That said, customizers can definitely have a field day with it.  Next to figures, that's how to enjoy this thing because it really impresses.  It lets you know just how massive a ship it is.  And how tiny things like the Snowspeeder were/are by comparison.  That's where the value is to this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2014, 04:38 PM »
I like this
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:40 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 04:46 PM »
Awesome.  :)

My Target actually sold 2 and my WM sold 1.  It is accomplishing its ultimate non-collector goal.  It's just gravy it's useful to collectors on any level.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2014, 04:59 PM »
Only one Target had it
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:39 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Hero Series X-Wing
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Interesting on these...  They were $15 on Black Friday at K-Mart...  My KM stocked a TON of them.  I mean, like 50 of these things.  I wasn't sure why, but then saw the BF deal on them and it clicked. 

I went into KM today, and they had what seemed like maybe 3 of them (I didn't look around the entire store, but saw 3) up high, and the box on one was absolutely destroyed.

It caught a lot of flack from folks at release, but this thing appears to be moving.  I really wanted one for $20 or less.  Got one last year for $25, and would like one or two more if they were cheap enough to custom up if I could get them for less. :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Hero Series X-Wing
« Reply #37 on: December 7, 2015, 06:52 PM »
KM put out even more of these, and they're on sale for $15...  Good price for a backdrop to your pilots.  I've got plans to pick up a few actually I think.  :-[