Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

6" Black Series Wave 7 (2015 Wave 1)

(1/9) > >>

Jeff:
According to the little signs at SDCC (which have been known to be wrong in the past), it seems like this wave may end up being -

Stormtrooper Han
Bossk
C-3PO (rumored)

Supposedly due February 2015!

Nicklab:
Bossk definitely looks pretty cool.  The articulated jaw is a very nice feature.  And I think bounty hunters are great source material for the demographic Hasbro wants to appeal to with the Black Series 6" figure line.

C-3PO is a natural fit for the line since we've already gotten R2-D2.  As characters go Threepio is a mainstay.  But will we see history repeat itself with Threepio warming the pegs like Greedo?

Stormtrooper Han Solo just comes across a little odd to me.  In fact, it seems like the line seems to be going pretty heavy on Han right from the get-go.  Already we've seen 5 offerings of Han:
-ANH Han Solo
-ANH Han Solo with Greedo in the Cantina showdown exclusive 2-pack
-Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise
-Hoth Han Solo with the tauntaun
-Han Solo in Carbonite (SDCC 2013 exclusive)

McMetal:
I still wonder if C-3PO will end up being the jedi-Con exclusive and maybe they stick the Emperor in this slot instead? It seems crazy to release a main character as an exclusive, but they could always go the Boba Fett route I guess and throw in some extra swag before the inevitable mainline release.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on July 26, 2014, 08:02 AM ---Stormtrooper Han Solo just comes across a little odd to me.  In fact, it seems like the line seems to be going pretty heavy on Han right from the get-go.  Already we've seen 5 offerings of Han:
-ANH Han Solo
-ANH Han Solo with Greedo in the Cantina showdown exclusive 2-pack
-Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise
-Hoth Han Solo with the tauntaun
-Han Solo in Carbonite (SDCC 2013 exclusive)

--- End quote ---

Yea, but Han's been pretty much ignored for years, and hearing Ford's back for E7 should drive a little more buzz for the character.  I'd also argue that Han Carbonite isn't really a figure, nor was he wide spread, and the Han/Greedo set is just a figure repack.  We really have 3 different Han figures on the way, actually one less than Luke. 

P-Siddy:
And Luke has 3 at this point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version