Author Topic: 6" Black Series Wave 7 (2015 Wave 1)  (Read 11231 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
6" Black Series Wave 7 (2015 Wave 1)
« on: July 25, 2014, 10:43 PM »
According to the little signs at SDCC (which have been known to be wrong in the past), it seems like this wave may end up being -

Stormtrooper Han
Bossk
C-3PO (rumored)

Supposedly due February 2015!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:04 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series 2015 Wave 1
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:02 AM »
Bossk definitely looks pretty cool.  The articulated jaw is a very nice feature.  And I think bounty hunters are great source material for the demographic Hasbro wants to appeal to with the Black Series 6" figure line.

C-3PO is a natural fit for the line since we've already gotten R2-D2.  As characters go Threepio is a mainstay.  But will we see history repeat itself with Threepio warming the pegs like Greedo?

Stormtrooper Han Solo just comes across a little odd to me.  In fact, it seems like the line seems to be going pretty heavy on Han right from the get-go.  Already we've seen 5 offerings of Han:
-ANH Han Solo
-ANH Han Solo with Greedo in the Cantina showdown exclusive 2-pack
-Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise
-Hoth Han Solo with the tauntaun
-Han Solo in Carbonite (SDCC 2013 exclusive)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 12:15 PM »
I still wonder if C-3PO will end up being the jedi-Con exclusive and maybe they stick the Emperor in this slot instead? It seems crazy to release a main character as an exclusive, but they could always go the Boba Fett route I guess and throw in some extra swag before the inevitable mainline release.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:32 AM »
Stormtrooper Han Solo just comes across a little odd to me.  In fact, it seems like the line seems to be going pretty heavy on Han right from the get-go.  Already we've seen 5 offerings of Han:
-ANH Han Solo

Yea, but Han's been pretty much ignored for years, and hearing Ford's back for E7 should drive a little more buzz for the character.  I'd also argue that Han Carbonite isn't really a figure, nor was he wide spread, and the Han/Greedo set is just a figure repack.  We really have 3 different Han figures on the way, actually one less than Luke. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:32 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 12:09 PM »
And Luke has 3 at this point.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 12:44 PM »

Xwing Pilot
Bespin Fatigues
Jedi Knight
Hoth Gear
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 01:08 PM »

Xwing Pilot
Bespin Fatigues
Jedi Knight
Hoth Gear

Next up, Luke in Endor Fatigues deluxe on Speederbike.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 01:55 PM »

Xwing Pilot
Bespin Fatigues
Jedi Knight
Hoth Gear

Forgot about Hoth Gear.  Thanks.  So 4.  Still waiting for Farmboy Luke.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 08:41 AM »
-ANH Han Solo

Yea, but Han's been pretty much ignored for years, and hearing Ford's back for E7 should drive a little more buzz for the character.  I'd also argue that Han Carbonite isn't really a figure, nor was he wide spread, and the Han/Greedo set is just a figure repack.  We really have 3 different Han figures on the way, actually one less than Luke. 

The key word in my post was OFFERINGS.  Meaning the number of products that have been offered for sale. 

Yes, it's nice to see Han Solo getting some attention from Hasbro.  But I think that the number of Han Solo products might be pushing it.  Just as we're seeing the Stormtrooper / Sandtrooper tooling being pushed.  Clearly, Hasbro is trying to get as much value out of their tooling budget as possible.  But I hope Hasbro is prepared to recognize that the collector segment of the market is savvy.  And they're able to tell what's really new, what's kitbashed, and what's repainted. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 08:47 AM »
I think one factor may be time. We have a window until next Christmas for OT and PT figures and after that it's unlikely any significant attention will be paid to them. We have five or six or more movies in the pipeline in as many years and the toys will be turning from one film to the next. Who knows on long term but in addition to definitely curbing tooling costs maybe Hasbro is looking at as this is their last hurrah with all these guys. We may not get all the figures we want in this scale.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 09:13 PM »
I think that might be a big reason.  The rest of this year and the first half of 2015 may be a "last hurrah" of sorts for much of the PT, OT, and CW stuff.  Not that it will be gone completely, but vastly cut back if we're going to have this every year movie schedule starting up.  I actually feel like the 6" line might be the most likely place to continue to see OT characters.  The 3 3/4" (at least the "collector style" ones) is in a weird place now, and it is tough to see right now what way (or any way) it will continue.  Personally, I'd be hoping for any of my Top 5 wanted figures to get made in the next 6-12 months, or it may be awhile before we see much focus outside of the new media.  I think people who are more into the PT may be in even more of a tough spot, as that seems to be being pushed aside a bit more.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 09:22 PM »
PT and CW may be last hurrah'd in general.  I'd say OT's a lot of 2015 (We'll see come Toy Fair).  It's definitely on their radar (they said as much) in the build-up to Episode VII...  The PT and CW are a lot less on their radar, since they'd rather lead up to the new movies with the movies that actually lead up to them.

Kind of how Hasbro seemed to try tying ANH to the new trilogy in the build-up to 99's line.  It makes sense to want to give the focus to the trilogy that leads into the new one though if you can, like this series.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 12:55 PM »
Hasbro released new images (boxed and loose) for Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise) and Bossk today.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 6" Black Series Wave 7 (2015 Wave 1)
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Bossk will be my first 6" fig and the only one barring a nice Tarkin or Rebel Troopers.  Bossk looks good tho. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 6" Black Series Wave 7 (2015 Wave 1)
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 08:35 PM »
Just dropping these in here...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender