Author Topic: Revoltech Star Wars Figures  (Read 11869 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Revoltech Star Wars Figures
« Reply #60 on: June 2, 2015, 06:43 PM »
Awesome.  I'm curious how he turned out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 4, 2015, 10:58 AM »
Got my Boba Fett in the mail from BBTS yesterday.  As it is my first foray into Revoltech figures, I can't really compare him to much of anything, but I do have to say I am impressed.  The articulation is going to take some getting used to, but my first thought was, "I CAN POSE HIM ANY WAY I WANT, HAHAHAHA!"  My second thought was, "I need to get a fancy display base and a display case so dust shall never touch him."   :D

He's slightly smaller than the Black Series Fett in bulk and height (naturally), and has the Revoltech ball joints at pretty much every point on his body (head, double shoulders, elbows, wrists, torso, hips, knees, ankles, and pockets (!)).  He also has hinge joints on his toes, the rangefinder, and on the stock of his rifle (so you can slide the handle into either gripping hand with ease).

He includes six hands (two fists, two gripping/gun, two slightly relaxed; one of each for left and right), his pistol (which fits into the holster), his ESB-style rifle, removable jet pack, and two pieces of a clear flight stand (although no base is included; does anyone know to what kind of base this attaches, because I would like to purchase one).  The hands are easily switchable and most of the pieces come apart with relative ease but hold together tight (the rocket comes out of the jet pack, as do the thrusters; the flamethrower and rocket on his left gauntlet can be removed). 

He's detailed fairly accurately (as far as I can tell) to his appearance in ESB, and I'm very happy with how he looks.  Like I said, this is my first foray into Revoltech figures, so I can't really compare him to others in this series.  Compared to the BS Fett, he's very different, but as a Boba Fett collector (my main reason for purchasing him), I'm going to be displaying him by himself anyway, so his ability to fit in with others doesn't really affect my opinion of him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: June 4, 2015, 10:39 PM »
Shoot me a pic of the base and I'll try to figure that out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: June 5, 2015, 12:01 AM »
(although no base is included; does anyone know to what kind of base this attaches, because I would like to purchase one)

Most of the Japanese bases are *mostly* interchangable.  I've had the best luck with the Tamashii Stage stands.  I use the Act 4 stand for the human/figures and the Act 5 stages for my Gundam/robots.  There have some cool options too - flames, magic, bricks, stone under the Tamashii Impact line

Take a look at those BBTS links and maybe try one of the Act 4 or Impact stages - you should be able to detach the stand arm it comes with and swap out your Revo stand arm parts.  I've had them work fine with figures from the Revoltech, Robot Spirits and SHFiguarts lines.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 12:04 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 5, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Shoot me a pic of the base and I'll try to figure that out.

PM me your email address and I'll send some pics along. Keep in mind I'm a horrible photographer.  ;D

Most of the Japanese bases are *mostly* interchangable.  I've had the best luck with the Tamashii Stage stands.  I use the Act 4 stand for the human/figures and the Act 5 stages for my Gundam/robots.  There have some cool options too - flames, magic, bricks, stone under the Tamashii Impact line

Take a look at those BBTS links and maybe try one of the Act 4 or Impact stages - you should be able to detach the stand arm it comes with and swap out your Revo stand arm parts.  I've had them work fine with figures from the Revoltech, Robot Spirits and SHFiguarts lines.

I've been considering buying some of the Tamashi Stage stuff anyway, since I've seen those used in a lot of Transformer reviews lately, so it would kill two birds with one stone. Plus they seem to be relatively cheap on Amazon, so that's a big plus as well. All of those look great, though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: June 5, 2015, 05:39 PM »
Jeff's advice is ultimately best.  I got some larger stands for ships actually haha.  Mail to jmccracken@jedidefender.com but Jeff's advice is best.  Most that stuff is somewhat standardized.

Yay Japan!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: June 9, 2015, 08:27 PM »
Hey Michael, got your pics...

Like Jeff said, that stuff tends to be standardized, to an extent, with the Japanese companies.  Some really cool stands (and complex ones) exist out there, and what Jeff threw your way is pretty solid for choices.

I actually got some that with minor work (drilling a hole) I feel sure would hold up a decent sized ship.  Two could probably hold up a big ship.

So there are options out there for sure.