Author Topic: Revoltech Star Wars Figures  (Read 11870 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Revoltech Star Wars Figures
« Reply #30 on: January 9, 2015, 12:22 AM »
Yep, I've been ordering a lot of stuff from Japan over the last year, and if I go through dealers like HLJ the wait is usually 4-6 weeks. Using a service like Tenso gets it here in about a week but shipping is usually around $20.

I might lock in a preorder for 3PO and R2 from BBTS though since they aren't as expensive.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Ended up express shipping my Revo Vader and it got here today. Just in time for the weekend, and extra time to play with display the ball jointed cape.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2015, 02:48 PM »
Sorry for the triple post but days after getting my Revo Vader I decided to preorder some more stuff on HLJ, including the Revo Stormtrooper, 3PO and R2-D2. Yesterday I get an email saying they have the Revo Stormtrooper in stock, and now he's on his way to America.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2015, 06:02 PM »
Cannot say enough good stuff about their private warehouse.  Stock up that way, and you'll save an assload if you play your cards right on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 01:02 AM »
I actually preordered a BUNCH of stuff the other day, and I'm hoping the February preorders come through soon so I can bundle it. I figure I'll wait a few weeks and see what happens before finally shipping it out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 02:32 PM »
I've found their times are usually pretty good but usually later in the month listed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Last Edit: February 9, 2015, 01:10 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Finally got around to opening my Revoltech Vader earlier. It's great... the sculpt is VERY well done, and the removable helmet was a nice touch I didn't know they were doing (just the "top" part from ESB's meditation chamber is removable). The ball-jointed cape is really wonky, as are the joints, but the more I play mess around with it, I'm sure I'll get used to them. I don't own Hasbro's 6 inch Vader because I never liked the look of it, and I still think this blows Hasbro's version out of the water even with the weirdness. I also have the MAEFX and SH Figuarts Vaders preordered so I'll do a comparison this summer when I should have all of them.

I've got the Revo Stormtrooper sitting in HLJ's private warehouse and need to get that shipped out... can't wait to get 3PO, R2, and Fett too!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 11:23 AM »
HLJ has the Revoltech C-3PO in stock! Bundled my preorder with my Revo Stormtrooper, so in a week or two I'll have some new goodies to go with the Vader.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2015, 07:42 PM »
See they're here. :)

Thanks for sharing the news man, I'm really anxious to see 3PO compared to some TBS figures.  I've really been most curious how they compare side-by-side ultimately.  I think it'll be interesting to see if they're compatible at all.

These are so far above in quality though, it's unreal.  It makes me think a Revoltech Stormtrooper and a Hasbro one are going to amount to how a Hasbro 12" compares to a SS or HT 12" figure.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2015, 11:55 PM »
Revoltech Stormtrooper Album

I'm obviously not much of a photographer, nor does my apartment make a good studio, but here are some quick pictures I snapped. Mostly some comparison shots with the Black Series Stormtrooper, and a size comparison with the few Black Series figures I have.

With the limited time I've had to mess around with the Stormtrooper, the worst part is that the arms are too short and the legs are too long (as you can see it's REALLY tall, almost as tall as the Revoltech Vader). Now that I've been able to compare everything, the Revo Vader might be a bit on the short side too. That one took about a week of posing to grow on me; the cape is definitely wild, but the sculpt is amazing.

I'll open 3PO (sorry for the typo on Twitter :-[) tomorrow and snap some pictures too. Kinda wishing I had snagged the Black Series R2-D2 when I was seeing it everywhere so I could snap some comparison pics, but I'll just have to wait for the Revo R2 to get here next month.

If anyone has specific requests for pictures (poses, etc.), let me know and I'll try my best to add them when I photograph the 3PO, I kinda half-assed this album.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:57 PM by Diddly »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 01:14 AM »
I'm mostly curious to see how they simplly stack up next to TBS 6" figures since the scales are to be relatively the same.

I like this shot of the Stormtrooper next to the, well, Stormtrooper.  Shows the significant size differences.

There are areas where you can see both figures are flawed...  I think aesthetically speaking, even with the joints being somewhat visible more than the TBS figure, I tend to lean to the Revoltech figure's overall look.  I think it's more accurate looking. 

Proportionally speaking, I'd give a slight (very slight) edge to the TBS figure.  I think the articulation style on Revoltech elongates some of the limbs a tad more than I'd prefer, but it's so slight it's not a huge deal.

I think the TBS Trooper's blaster is more accurately scaled?  That's a tough one really, actually.

I love the color and "shine" to the Revoltech figure overall... Way cooler looking, and I think sculpt wise it's crisper and more accurate (especially the helmet).

He doesn't match that Vader's height well.  I wonder how he'd stack to a TBS Vader though?

He looks great next to Chewie, but he makes Luke look almost like a child, haha.  "Are you a hell of a lot too short to be out this late without a parent or guardian?"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:14 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 01:15 AM »
Nix my remark on the blasters, I feel quite sure the Revoltech blaster is WAY more accurately scaled.  That TBS Stormie blaster is pretty beefy.  I'm surprised, actually.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Yeah, I might not be able to get to 3PO until this weekend but that will leave me more time to take some detailed pictures of everything, and in better lighting haha.

There was some other stuff from the Stormtrooper I wanted to photograph too, like the extra hands and blasters. I think Revo's E11 is more accurate, since aren't those supposed to be fairly small? I'll see if it fits in Chewie's hands, which should be a good indicator. Revo Stormie also comes with one of those longer rifles the Sandtrooper uses, though I don't have that figure so I can't compare the two rifles.

As for sculpt, yeah I like the Revo one better. Seems to be based off of ANH's design, whereas the TBS is based on either ROTJ or a combo of the two. Seems like all of the other Japanese Stormtroopers use similar sculpts, I know the Medicom MAEFX Stormie looks just like the Revo.

Excited to open 3PO too... one of the stock images shows you can pull the limbs off (actually something that happens a lot with these Revo figures, they fall apart easily haha) AND he comes with a mouse droid. I'll throw in some pictures of Vader too, his accessories are neat and the lightsaber a lot more thick and sturdy than the TBS offerings. The cape just makes it tough to pose.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2015, 02:23 PM »
So that Stormtrooper I ordered... it had two left thighs. :(

Ordered a second one because you can't exactly return them, and it got here today. It isn't defective! I'll put up a quick comparison pic later.

If anyone out there reading this has a Revo Stormtrooper with two right thighs, let me know if you want to trade a right for a left.  :)