Author Topic: To the staff: Thank you guys for allowing us to use the word "ass".  (Read 16035 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
ass. ASS. ASS! Man, that feels good.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Why they would filter out damn is beyond me.  Wasn't their rule that if it was said in the SW films it was fair game to say on the boards?

"Damn fool...  I knew you were gonna say that."

Meh, whatever.

Let's be honest here though, if you didn't have rules about it there, it would be a bigger cluster than it is now...  As it is we have SOME rules to the language around here, but figure we can generally expect people to be adult about what they do/say, so we let it go with the thought everyone is gonna "behave" with it.  Do the same thing over there, with the simple fact that EVERY THREAD you read ends up in a bitch-fest or fight, and you would have gross abuse of that privilage on a daily basis.

And considering their moderation of their own boards is horrible at this point, add rampant swearing to the mix...  It'd be way worse.  I see why they do what they do then, I guess. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
They have since removed "damn" from the censored list.