Author Topic: What do you buy at the Movie Snack Counter?  (Read 11821 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: What do you buy at the Movie Snack Counter?
« Reply #45 on: October 3, 2005, 07:07 AM »
I get a large Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper if they have it and then split a popcorn with the hubby.  I used to go to the Cinema & Draft House when I lived in Alexandria, VA.  They'd show 2nd run movies and Redskin's games.  They had tables and oversized leather chairs that swivled and the waitresses would bring the food and beer to you.  My husband and I were just talking last night about how cool it would be to have a Saga weekend there -- see all 6 movies while someone brings you pizza, beer, wings, etc............ ;D  Not sure if they have one in Charlotte :'(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #46 on: October 3, 2005, 03:01 PM »
The only thing we buy at the stand is a Large drink that we share...either Rootbeer or Diet Pepsi. But we stop at Target before the movies and buy Red Vines or some gummy thing for her and usally Milkduds or jelly beans for me.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 3, 2005, 03:11 PM »
About twice a year I get some popcorn - other than that I avoid the snack counter at all costs.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: October 3, 2005, 05:17 PM »
It's weird -

During the summer, for those big blockbuster type movies - Revenge of the Sith, Batman Begins, etc - the Mrs. and I almost always get a medium tub of popcorn (no fake buttery topping) and a medium drink (pink lemonade) to share.  The exceptions being if we have just had dinner before the show.

Yet, when we go to movies in the winter - Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc - we usually just skip the snacks all together.   

Maybe there is something about the summertime that makes us crave the popcorn while the wintry days of Minnesota cause us to forego the movie treats?   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #49 on: October 3, 2005, 05:32 PM »
I don't always get something at the counter.  If I do it's a Medium Coke (light ice), small popcorn and a box of Raisinettes.

Other times, I'll just have a 20 oz Coke that I bring in.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #50 on: October 3, 2005, 11:19 PM »
I typically smuggle in an 8.5 oz energy drink. It fits in the pocket, and I don't have to piss so badly after the movie.

I realize concessions are the way theaters make money, but they're just too expensive.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 4, 2005, 10:38 AM »
I realize concessions are the way theaters make money, but they're just too expensive.

I agree with you.  The theater here in Ithaca, NY kind of sucks.  Small seats, mediocre screens and terrible sound.  $8.75 for a movie (it's $6 and change for a matinee).

This summer I went to the movies to see something and I went by myself.  I had  a craving for popcorn so I ordered a medium tub and a bottled water...$9.50.  I almost **** myself.  I was pissed.  Walked into the theater and in less than 5 minute dropped $20. 

That was the first time in 4 years I'd bought anything from the concession stand and, needless to say, it's the last time I ever will.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #52 on: April 9, 2007, 02:33 PM »
I buy. . .  nada.  First, those snacks are waaaaaaay over-priced.  I'm a cheap bastard, and the tickets alone are expensive enough as it is. 

Secondly, I get annoyed with all of the rude drink-slurpers and popcorn-smackers making all kinds of noise during the flick, so I'd be a hypocrite if I were to do it myself.

Plus, I don't want anything to get in the way of my enjoyment of or concentration on the movie itself.

Yeah, I'm a real fun guy.

Nearly four years later, and I still hold true to this policy.  I think the last time I actually bought something at the movie theatre was a giant Coke, back when Spidey 2 came out--and that was only because I was on no sleep (no sleep!) and needed something to keep me awake.

But I think next time I go see a flick (Spidey 3, to bring it full-circle, maybe?), I'm gonna take all kinds of stuff in there, to nosh on.  I'm thinking maybe a big-ass bucket of KFC, with all the fixin's, or perhaps a half-rack of barbeque ribs or something.  The messier, the noisier, the more-disruptive to my fellow movie-goers, the better.

If only I could figure out some way to have a pizza delivered during the movie. . .  That would be the best.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2007, 02:43 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 9, 2007, 02:44 PM »
And I haven't changed either.  If you did that behind me I'd probably go postal and murder you with a drumstick.  Seriously.

I went to see 300 and the regular littany of people pulling licorice out of a bag just about drives me nuts, never mind the non-stop verbal commentary people seem inclined to provide.  I don't give a **** about what you think, you're a moron, so shut the **** up.   >:(

Need more caffeine...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 9, 2007, 03:19 PM »
Eh, what are you going to do?

Americans love to eat and will take every opportunity they can to do so.

I don't mind if people smuggle a snack or two into a movie (hell, I do it) but the difference between myself and them is that I try to be quiet about opening my Skittles.

I'm just too ****** nice I guess.

Maybe I'm Canadian and don't know it?

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 9, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Usually Raisinettes and a tub of Popcorn=X-tra butter 8) root beer to drink or water.I most of the time wait to go out to eat
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 9, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Usually just a large Mountain Dew/Coke/Mello Yello for me. Maybe some popcorn if I'm feeling frisky.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 9, 2007, 04:44 PM »

Maybe I'm Canadian and don't know it?

You don't swear enough to be a Canadian.  Not nearly bitter enough.  Yet.

And I don't care if people eat, all I'm after is a little more thought than just me hungry, you matter not type of Walmart mentality.  A hint of consideration is all I ask.  Otherwise I'll just follow you to your car, write down your license plate number and put nails around your tires the next time I see your car.   ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #58 on: April 9, 2007, 05:10 PM »
If you did that behind me I'd probably go postal and murder you with a drumstick.  Seriously.

Nah, I'd sit in front.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 9, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Well that is a different story.  Sound tends to go forward but if you were still annoying and in front of me, I could just kick you in the head until you bled to death.  See, I'm open to compromise. :)