Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 130317 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Saw both of the Target exclusive Rebels vehicles today.  I had already gotten Kanan in the TRU exclusive pack with Ezra and Holocron Obi-Wan, and the Phantom in separate purchases.  I really didn't feel the need to double down and get more of the same Kanan figure with this Target exclusive.

I held off for now on the Inquisitor and his TIE.  I get the feeling these might be around for a little while.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2014, 10:12 AM »
Interesting note: I never realized the 20" TIE Pilot was part of the animated Rebels line...I just assumed he was part of the OT stuff like Chewie and the Biker Scout. But after looking more closely last night I realized he had the "From the Animated Series!" tag on the front of the box like all the other animated figures. (The OT ones do not)

So I filled a nice little hole in my collection that I never even realized that I had, and for $15 on sale at Target to boot!

;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Cool find today...stumbled across the 20" Inquisitor figure at Target over lunch. I knew he was coming, along with Zeb at some point, but had never heard a peep about him showing up already. Getting a nice little collection of these guys going now, but they really need to make a similarly scaled Chopper and the gals.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2014, 08:18 PM »
A Chopper in 20" or 30" scale would be pretty cool.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2014, 03:15 PM »
Finally found the TIE and Phantom ships at Target. They also had a mission series Fett/Stormtrooper.

Picked up new unopened Lego Ghost ship on ebay for $54 shipped. There is a little 8 year old boy around here that will love that ship from Santa.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Time to knock some dust off this thread. After putting in a lot of quality time at area Targets the past few days, I was able to score 2 Wookie 2-packs last night and a Sabine 2-pack this morning.  ;D

No sign of the Vizago 2-pack, but a fellow collector found one for me across town this morning apparently. Definitely want some openers of that and the Sabine pack.

It seems clear they are getting partial cases of these just like the single carded figures. Really hate that, could have been done with the whole wave after 2 stops instead of all this piecemeal nonsense.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 3, 2015, 09:05 AM »
Lucked out and found the rest of the Rebels 2-packs I needed last night @ Target, so I am all set as far as MOC and openers. I can now resume hibernating until the Imperial Troop Transport starts showing up.  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2015, 02:41 PM »
Found the AT-DP Driver and TIE Pilot figures this morning, along with a Jedi Temple Guard, at Target. They were the only three single carded figures they had at all. Proceeded to hit a few more locations after that but came up empty handed. Super happy to hve found the 3 I wanted most though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2015, 08:48 PM »
Picked up another TIE Pilot at one Target on the way home from work, and Gree, Plo Koon and another Jedi Temple Guard at a different location.  :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2015, 12:46 PM »
Found the AT-DP Driver and TIE Pilot figures this morning, along with a Jedi Temple Guard, at Target.

I've been holding out on the AT-DP driver hoping to find the Target AT-DP with the driver included.  Is that thing out? 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2015, 12:55 PM »
Not yet.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2015, 02:35 PM »
Not yet.

Do you know when?  target.com has it listed "in stock" near me, but all that are there when I go are the TIE and Phantom.  Is there a second wave to this?

Of course, the exclusive has the same dpci # as the Slave I and Jedi Starfighter.  ::)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Not yet.

Do you know when?  target.com has it listed "in stock" near me, but all that are there when I go are the TIE and Phantom.  Is there a second wave to this?

Of course, the exclusive has the same dpci # as the Slave I and Jedi Starfighter.  ::)

Yep, that's why it's listed as "in stock" since all the vehicles (exclusives and non-excl.) share that DPCI - stupid Target.    :(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:54 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2015, 03:04 PM »
So it's packed with the Phantom and TIE, then.  So, they are hitting, it's just the AT-DP is popular.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2015, 03:39 PM »
No, the Target exclusive AT-DP with the pack-in driver is not in circulation yet. The counts you are seeing are for the first wave of vehicles most likely. And yeah, the AT-DP seems to sell out fast.

I found another lone TIE Fighter Pilot at Target over lunch so I picked it up. I am trying to think of a number in my head for how many of these guys I really need..."I can imagine quite a bit"...LOL.