Author Topic: NFL 2014-15  (Read 11941 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: NFL 2014-15
« Reply #15 on: October 9, 2014, 06:10 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 9, 2014, 08:11 PM »
So how can you be that rich and NOT afford the tea that flushes your system?  WTF?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 6, 2014, 09:46 AM »
Have to go with Tom Brady this year

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 6, 2014, 01:08 PM »
Not a surprise that AP gets off easy.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 7, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Have to go with Tom Brady this year

For?    ???

Not a surprise that AP gets off easy.

Yeah, but I was glad to see he didn't get immediately reinstated by the NFL.  Vikings seem to be doing well in the run game without him - I'm not sure they'll want him back.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 01:15 PM »
Packers v Seahawks yesterda was one of the absolute worst football games I have ever experienced.  I would have preferred a 45-7 drubbing like the Colts got to the perfect storm Packers choke fest.  As Rodgers said, this one is going to sting for a while...

Anyone excited to see Seahawks and Patriots in the big game?  ZZZZZzzzzzzz  I don't think I can make it through any more of Belicheck's scowl or Russell Wilson's tears.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 01:21 PM »

Anyone excited to see Seahawks and Patriots in the big game?  ZZZZZzzzzzzz  I don't think I can make it through any more of Belicheck's scowl or Russell Wilson's tears.

I am.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 04:04 PM »
Okay, so we're at 1 out of 316.1 million so far.  Awesome.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 05:11 PM »
Okay, so we're at 1 out of 316.1 million so far.  Awesome.

I think anyone in Seattle and Boston area (New England?) is ecstatic.  I was rooting for Green Bay, but they didn't play the whole game... the moment swung in Seattle's favor after the half and they hung on to it. 

Just sounds like sour grapes, Justin.  Sorry.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 06:14 PM »
I'm not against the match-up personally.  Two good teams...  Seems better than last year's match-up was (and turned out to be, ultimately).  I'm definitely not a fan of either team but as a football championship game, it's ok.  Since I'm not vested in either team, I may put something on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 05:55 PM »
Obviously I would have liked to see the Packers in there, but beyond that I just get tired of seeing the same teams win it.  The Patriots are always contenders and I'm so tired of them at this point.  Would have been a lot more interesting to watch Luck and the Colts IMO.  On the NFC side, I would have loved to see the Cardinals or Lions finally get to the big game.  Just not interested in seeing either SB team win this year.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 06:06 PM »
Neither were teams I was pulling for, but I find the match-up more interesting than last year's was. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 05:43 PM »
Neither were teams I was pulling for, but I find the match-up more interesting than last year's was.

You're saying Seahawks/Broncos is less interesting than Seahawks/Patriots?  Not a huge difference IMO.  I don't like repeat performances, so not a fan of Seattle going again and there isn't a single team I wouldn't swap out the Patriots for.  Maybe Oakland?  Hopefully next year we'll get some new blood in the mix.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 07:15 PM »
Yes.  I think the Broncos aren't anywhere near the Patriots, as a team.  I think it'll be much more interesting seeing Brady & Co. go head-to-head with the Seahawks D this year than what Denver had going last year.  Denver was good last year (and this year) but I really feel this'll be a more competitive game from both teams.

Not that I predicted the drubbing Denver got last year by any means, quite the opposite.  I think this'll be more interesting this year though.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2015, 11:56 AM »
You're saying Seahawks/Broncos is less interesting than Seahawks/Patriots?  Not a huge difference IMO.  I don't like repeat performances, so not a fan of Seattle going again and there isn't a single team I wouldn't swap out the Patriots for.  Maybe Oakland?  Hopefully next year we'll get some new blood in the mix.

I wouldn't count on too much new blood in the mix.  All the parity that the NFL tried to establish with the salary cap went right out the windows when fantasy football took over and the league started favoring rules that promoted scoring and quarterbacks.  Now you either have a really good or great one, or you suck and are looking for a really great one.

We'll get new blood soon enough, but it's probably more of a 3 year window when Brady, Brees, and Manning are all done.  And even then it won't change too much year to year until someone starts making it harder on the QB's.