Author Topic: NHL 2014-15  (Read 49021 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2014-15
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 10:54 PM »
Ah okay - when I hear 'getting a knee scoped' I think of it as like a quick procedure to clean some stuff up that costs guys like 3 weeks - that seems to be what it usually is in the NFL at least.

As for the timetable, I don't think anything's official and what I read was that they'd have more information after the surgery - but it was a meniscus tear to the same knee that cost Rose like 70 games last season, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's done for the year.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the guy retired... this is getting old as ****, I can only imagine how he feels.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 11:09 PM »
I'm kind of surprised they're talking season over for a meniscus but I guess it depends on the severity and location of the tear.  It must be worse than peripheral.

No, it's just that it's Glass Joe, I mean, Derrick Rose.  He could get a hangnail and be out for the season.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 12:14 AM »
Great day for Chicago sports teams.  Kane has clavicle surgery and Rose needs his knee scoped.

At first I thought Rose must have been a Blackhawks call-up since I had never heard of him before...   :-[

Watched quite a bit of the Pens/Caps game tonight hoping for some good fireworks after Ovi's whack at Letang last time...  what a lame game.  Lotsa boring, sloppy, chippy penalties, some soft goals by Flower, and a general "blah" game from both teams.

Looking forward to Wild Vs. Nashville tomorrow.  Will be a much better test of Dubnyk and the Wild than the fodder we've been chewing up in our post-All Star run here.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 01:19 AM »
Yeah I read a comment by a local guy I know, and he said, "Where'd they get these 90's refs at?", and I agree...  They were calling it all for reasons I can't explain, then players started playing waiting for the make-up calls...  It just was ugly.

Pens have had their asses saved by Flower more than enough this season, and even in losses he's kept them in it.  Letting up a couple softies was owed to him, though a bad time to start doing it since Divisional games are a black cloud for us this year and seeing him stimey them would've been nice...  Which he had good saves all night too, but the 2 soft ones are all anyone will recall, especially in this town.

You got to see the weird in the bench brawl at least, that NBC missed a lot of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 09:58 PM »
WTF?  The Leafs traded Clarkson for a LTIR guy?  That's some high-quality tanking/trading right there... almost as nice as trading two bodies for a winger on IR for shoulder surgery.

Should be a nice end to the season watching the Oilers, Sabres, Yotes, Leafs, and Hurricanes fall all over each other trying to get a McDavid. :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 11:18 PM »
Looking forward to Wild Vs. Nashville tomorrow.  Will be a much better test of Dubnyk and the Wild than the fodder we've been chewing up in our post-All Star run here.

[McConaughey]Alright, alright, alright.[/McConaughey] 8)

Man, my squad right now... 

So, so scared of the eventual day when Dubnyk remembers he's not a 1.68 GAA, .934 SV% Goalie.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:22 PM by Jeff »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 12:09 AM »

[McConaughey]Alright, alright, alright.[/McConaughey] 8)

Man, my squad right now... 

So, so scared of the eventual day when Dubnyk remembers he's not a 1.68 GAA, .934 SV% Goalie.  :-\

Meh, take it for what it's worth.  He may not remember that until September and if that's the case, it could be awfully sweet.  Hot goalies steal cups all the time, this might be it for the Wild. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: March 2, 2015, 05:45 PM »
So, Leopold and Stewart for us.  Not a bad haul I guess for not giving up much.

Leopold is a nice 6/7 defenseman that will allow us to send one of Folin/Dumba back to Iowa for bigger minutes and more seasoning...  a 3rd pair Leopold/Prosser isn't great, but at least we have a bit of injury protection since our D-corp has been hurt (or mump'ed) quite a bit this year.

Stewart... not sure.  Could be great if he's going to play hard and get gritty, and dig in... but he hasn't really done that since he left Colorado.  :-\  Maybe he'll just hang out in the press box for a few games until we figure out how to best use him...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: March 2, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Pens did more than I thought they would and ultimately went away from hitting and more for speed and passing, which is the way Rutherford's taken the team since supplanting Bylsma.  I don't think we made any big splashes but Winnik was a nice addition to our 3rd line since our bottom 6 were lacking.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 2, 2015, 10:12 PM »
So, Leopold and Stewart for us.  Not a bad haul I guess for not giving up much.

Leopold is a nice 6/7 defenseman that will allow us to send one of Folin/Dumba back to Iowa for bigger minutes and more seasoning...  a 3rd pair Leopold/Prosser isn't great, but at least we have a bit of injury protection since our D-corp has been hurt (or mump'ed) quite a bit this year.

Stewart... not sure.  Could be great if he's going to play hard and get gritty, and dig in... but he hasn't really done that since he left Colorado.  :-\  Maybe he'll just hang out in the press box for a few games until we figure out how to best use him...

Have I thanked you guys for taking Dumba ahead of Trouba?  Because I feel like I should.   :-*

We did all our damage before today, but quite a haul.

Gave up:
Kane
Bogosian
Kasdorf
2016 3rd
2015 conditional 6th
Klingberg (not that one)

Got:
Myers
Stafford
Armia
Lemieux
Buffalo's late 2015 1st round pick (either from NYI or St. Louis)
Tlusty
Stempniak

Yeah, I'm ok with Chevy's work over the past couple of weeks  ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: March 2, 2015, 11:20 PM »
Not bad, but you guys are really just one goalie injury away from relying on .906 goaltending against The Blackhawks, Blues, or Preds. :P

With three goalies already on our roster, we're kinda boned that way too.  Something happens to Dubnyk and we're in the same boat.

Should be an interesting stretch run here.  If the Blackhawks can't get their **** together, there's a real chance you guys could catch them and end up with the Blues instead of the Preds. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 3, 2015, 06:37 PM »
Hellebuyck is the answer.  At least that would be my expectation but you are completely correct about our goaltending situation.  Our best solution to an injury to Hutch is an AHL rookie.  Ah...yeah.   :-\

And yes, I'm hoping for a Hawks tumble.  We'll see better in about two weeks where we stand as everyone will have played out their games in hand by that point.   As it is, that makes me nervous. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 12:02 AM »
Not bad, but you guys are really just one goalie injury away from relying on .906 goaltending against The Blackhawks, Blues, or Preds. :P

I'm kinda hoping for an injury to a goalie right now  :-X  That would allow us to call up Hellebuyck from the AHL and he might be our only hope, to turn a phrase.  Blech, our goaltending sucks goat balls. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2015, 10:45 AM »
Blech, our goaltending sucks goat balls. 

I caught the replay of that gift Jackman got... just sad to battle back and then watch your goalie cough it up like that.  That kinda thing tore us up, with the Wild watching Backs/Kemps give up softies to ruin good efforts. :(

If the Blackhawks can't get their **** together, there's a real chance you guys could catch them and end up with the Blues instead of the Preds. 
And yes, I'm hoping for a Hawks tumble.  We'll see better in about two weeks where we stand as everyone will have played out their games in hand by that point.   As it is, that makes me nervous. 

Well, looks like we have a bit of that Hawks tumble, but it may be us hunting them and not you guys...

NSH - 91pts (14 games left)
STL - 89pts (16 games left)
CHI - 84pts (16 games left)
MIN - 81pts (15 games left)
WIN - 78pts (15 games left)

Sure is going to be an interesting finish in the central as everyone has games left against each other.   And then you have the Kings/Flames battling for that 3rd spot in the Pacific or the last Wild Card too. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2015, 08:55 PM »
I think that last wildcard comes down to us and the Flames, who oddly enough we host at home for the final game of the season for both teams.  Could be a very exciting game. 

Completely agree you guys are the ones chasing the Hawks now.  Too many injuries for us again - our #1C and our team catalyst in big Buff.  + crappy goaltending =  :'(