Author Topic: NHL 2014-15  (Read 49317 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2014-15
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2015, 12:52 AM »
Time to bring this guy back again...

Let's Go, Wild!

I really hope the team that showed up for Games 1, 3, and 5 is the one that shows up for Game 6 on Sunday.  (I never, ever want to see that team from Game 4 again )

Oh, and before I go - sorry, Jesse.  I guess you can't expect to win with 3 of your top 6 Dmen on IR; 3rd line Wings with Sid and Geno, and some really bad refs in games 1 and 2.   :-\   
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2015, 06:02 PM »
Meh I had little hope and yet they exposed flaws in the Rangers.  It made me a little hopeful.  Those game should never have been that close, especially with the lopsided calls.  Rangers can be had by a number of teams.  Ones with more speed for sure.  Montreal and NYI would give fits I think.

I'm kinda pulling for the Sens.  Nice story there.  The Isles too tho their fans are kinda dicks (my experience).

By law I'm not allowed to cheer for Ovie. :)

In the west I'm pulling for the Wild.  Good group.

Scott needs to get a handle on Martin.  He was very disappointing.  No snack before bed.

Oh and insult to injury on Kunitz's lackluster performance, his nanny stole **** from him and tried to hock it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:07 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2015, 09:20 PM »
Let's Go, Wild!

Awesome to see the Wild clinch a series on home ice like that.  Bring on the blackhawks, hopefully things go better this time than the last two years...  :D

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2015, 11:34 PM »
Jeff I think you are going to have to be the one to break the bad news to Craig Leipold and Mike Yeo that MN teams DO NOT win playoff series.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2015, 09:50 PM »
Let's Go, Wild!

Awesome to see the Wild clinch a series on home ice like that.  Bring on the blackhawks, hopefully things go better this time than the last two years...  :D

I do wish this impacted the draft position more.  If both the Blues and Islanders were to lose the first round, it should have made their 1st round picks higher in the order (i.e. better) but I think the NHL changed the rules this year. 

So, how much youse guys gonna pay this Dubnyk kid in the off-season?  He's UFA, correct?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2015, 08:24 AM »
So, how much youse guys gonna pay this Dubnyk kid in the off-season?  He's UFA, correct?

If they keep winning series with him in net, then I have a feeling it's going to be quite a bit...

The Wild were the team I did NOT want to see this round.  They were on a hot streak at the end of the regular season and then whipped St. Louis.  I want to give my boys the benefit of the doubt, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the Wild come out on top at the end of this series.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2015, 09:45 AM »
Go Caps.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2015, 12:48 AM »
Habs (5)
Bolts (5)
Rangers (6)
Islanders (7)

3/4 - Not bad.  I think my Isles pick was just me wanting to see Rangers/Isles play.  I got the 7 games part right anyway...

Wild (6)
BHawks (5)
Jets (7)
Canucks (6)

2/4 in the West.  Stupid Pacific.   ::)  Jets were more beat up than I thought.  Just couldn't absorb the beating anymore.  And the Flames luck just keeps on trucking.

This time, I'll go...

Habs (6)
Caps (6)
Wild (7)
Ducks (5)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: May 2, 2015, 12:54 AM »
0-3, end of 1st.   >:(

3-3, almost end of 2nd.  ;D

3-4, end of 2nd.  :(

3-4, end of game.  :'(

Thanks to Crawford for being as bad in the second as Dubnyk was in the first or it would have been really sad. On to the next one.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 2, 2015, 01:03 AM »
Hawks win, Bolts win, Bulls advance, ams the Bucs get a franchise caliber QB prospect. 

So much good in sports over the last two days.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 5, 2015, 10:52 PM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 5, 2015, 11:12 PM »
Sorry Jeff.   :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: May 6, 2015, 09:56 AM »
So, I slept on it... and I'm still pretty disappointed.

Both Game 1 and Game 3 were there for us to win.  Game one we made too many mistakes.  Game 3 we just didn't put the puck home.  If you can't score goals (ONE in the last 7 periods), you can't expect to beat anyone let alone one of the league's best teams.

Still think we have a chance to push this to 5-6 games, but really bumming right now.   :(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 6, 2015, 09:59 AM »
My picks (late):

Rangers
Bolts (mini-Rangers)
Ducks seem to be unbeatable
Wild/Hawks (I can't choose.  Old home team vs. my brother's and nephew's team.  Just enjoying it.)

Caps look good, but they always do against the Rangers, especially in the playoffs.  Refs are missing some obvious calls against the Caps (didn't know a player could hold an opponents stick for a third of the length of the ice and not one ref sees it, a couple boarding calls that lead to goals (well one of those was game 7 vs Islanders that led to the win)).  I'm sure there are some on the Rangers have done, too.  Still that game 1 loss with 1.3 seconds after a boarding non-call is difficult to stomach.  I don't totally blame the ref for not blowing the whistle there and since it didn't you have to keep playing.  I look at McDonough for leaving the front of the net to double team Ove and leaving Ward wide open.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 7, 2015, 12:09 PM »
Rangers (not looking good, but as along as well win three... Still, got to hand it to the Caps.  They are playing great.  And I've always respected Holtby as a goalie and am glad to see him doing well (okay, maybe not in this series  ;) ))
Bolts (Looking good, could move on tonight.  Surprised by this.  I thought Montreal would be tougher than this)
Ducks (They finally lost a playoff game.)
Wild/Hawks (Not looking good for the Wild).