Author Topic: NHL 2014-15  (Read 49278 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2014-15
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2015, 04:39 PM »
Because I can't help myself. .....

And the greatest trophy in the world once again stays in the only country that can support it's sport.

How funny would it be if Tampa Bay had two cups since the last time Canada had won?

You might want to look at where the revenue keeping many of teams afloat in "the only country that can support it's sport" is coming from before uttering jackass nonsense like that.   ::)

Of course this is from a country who's elite military was so bright back in the 1990s and so bitter about a Canadian franchise being in the World Series, let alone winning it that they flew the Canadian flag upside down. 

See?  It's easy to be an ass****.  Stay classy 'Merika.   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2015, 04:43 PM »
Because I can't help myself. .....

And the greatest trophy in the world once again stays in the only country that can support it's sport.

How funny would it be if Tampa Bay had two cups since the last time Canada had won?

You might want to look at where the revenue keeping many of teams afloat in "the only country that can support it's sport" is coming from before uttering jackass nonsense like that.   ::)

Of course this is from a country who's elite military was so bright back in the 1990s and so bitter about a Canadian franchise being in the World Series, let alone winning it that they flew the Canadian flag upside down. 

See?  It's easy to be an ass****.  Stay classy 'Merika.   :-*

And clearly you can't take a joke. It was meant as a friendly jab. I love to mess with my Canadian uncle about there being more teams in the US. Thankfully when someone puts down the US I can deal with it unlike you apparently. I'm going to keep my "stay .... Canada" to myself.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:09 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2015, 08:33 PM »
I'd hate to face Team Canada.  They'd take Stanley home every year.

Congrats to our northern neighbors.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2015, 11:10 PM »
Well, that was an unfortunate start to the Western Conference Finals for my guys.  I knew this was going to be a hard fought, physical series.  However, I was hoping that they would look better than they did.

Oh well, on to Game 2.  I'd definitely be happy with a split heading back to Chicago...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2015, 01:22 PM »
Now that the rust is shaken off and Rundblad has a game under his belt, Hawks in 5!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2015, 01:06 AM »
Have to get up in five hours for work but want to see the end of this game
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39 AM »
I'd definitely be happy with a split heading back to Chicago...

When you said 'split', I didn't know you were talking about losing game 1, tying game 2, and winning game 2.5.   :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:40 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2015, 10:46 AM »
I'd definitely be happy with a split heading back to Chicago...

When you said 'split', I didn't know you were talking about losing game 1, tying game 2, and winning game 2.5.   :D

He's probably still sleeping, Jeff.  He'll get a response to you when he's "come to".

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2015, 06:09 PM »
Absolute zombie today.  Can honestly say that I fell asleep during both OT intermissions only to wake up again when the periods started.  Was conscious for the Shaw headbutt and the Kreuger winner.  Also saw Crawford standing on his head a few too many times for my liking, but I'm still trying to figure out if I actually saw what I saw or if it was because I was looking at the TV while laying on my side...

Anyway, it wouldn't be a Blackhawks playoff series if there wasn't an OT, 2OT, 3OT game in there somewhere.  Now time to hold serve at home before 'Goin' Back to Cali'.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2015, 10:47 PM »
I biked 6 miles to work yesterday, then biked 6 miles home.  My wife and I are gearing up for an 8k so we ran 5 miles after work.

Then the game... stayed up, finished around 1:10 - glued to highlights and discussion afterwards so I went to bed around 2.  Next thing I know, a vet is returning my call from the day before at 7:00 a.m. and I'm up an hour early.  Just in time to bike 6 more miles to work.

I'm a little tired, and now the Lightning just blew a one goal lead with under 2 minutes left to send this one into OT. 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2015, 11:48 PM »
Dammit! >:( >:( >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2015, 12:02 PM »
I feel way better about the Lightning advancing than I do Chicago. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: June 1, 2015, 10:35 AM »
Should be an interesting Cup final.  Really hope that Tampa isn't going to just be one of those "you have to lose before you can win" type things.  Really hope the triplets can make this an interesting series. 

It'll be great for Stamkos to win the Cup and effectively price himself out of Tampa.  :P   Seriously though, it will be a bummer for the Tampa fans if they win the Cup and then immediately have to start worrying if Stamkos will stay, if they can afford to keep him, or if Toronto throws buckets of money at him to come "home" next summer. 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 1, 2015, 07:08 PM »
Up next...

Blackhawks (6)
Lightning (6)

Okay, off by one game each, but excellent prediction.  Can you please predict another Cup for the Hawks (even though I just read you're rooting for the Bolts)?  Thank you, that will be all...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: June 2, 2015, 10:22 AM »
I'm not necessarily rooting for the Bolts... I 'm rooting for the speedy Bolts to fair better than the speedy Wild did.  I want to see a 6-7 game series, not interested in seeing a Cup Final sweep. :P

I would be happy with either team winning...  but I do think, speaking from a "oh man, TSN is going to drag this stuff out all year" perspective, Stamkos winning a cup is pretty interesting.  I mean, TSN has been talking about Stamkos to Toronto for a year already...  if he wins a cup?  Woo!

I just picture Stamkos and his Agent, rolling into Steve Yzerman's office with the Stanley Cup, copies of Toews/Kane's 8 yr, $84mil contracts, and saying "your move" while Toronto sits with Babcock behind the wheel of a Brinks truck parked outside Stamkos' house.  :D