Author Topic: NHL 2014-15  (Read 49306 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2014-15
« Reply #150 on: June 2, 2015, 08:12 PM »
We went through the Toronto rumors when Stamkos' rookie contract was over too.  I doubt he goes anywhere.  He's on a Stanley Cup caliber team and he knows it, and the Bolts are going to be willing to pay him an awful lot.

As far as the series... I've been following the Lightning for a lot longer than Chicago, so I suppose I sort of want them to win, but it's a weird feeling having two teams you root for squaring off for a championship.  It's left me mostly just wanting a good, long, competitive series.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2015, 08:13 PM by Rob »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 3, 2015, 10:53 PM »
And the prevent defense costs another team a victory in yet another sport.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 4, 2015, 08:57 AM »
After the first 5-10 minutes of the first period I thought the Blackhawks were going to be in trouble.  Couldn't believe that crazy goal; nothing Crawford could do about that one.  Extremely happy they were able to steal the first game.  I just hope they don't come out flat again like that.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 4, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Watching the game I found that a lot of the fun is kind of gone.  Being perfectly happy with either team winning isn't terribly enjoyable.  I'm just kind of sitting there hoping for a good game, not hating the opponent, feeling bad for each goalie when they let one slip by. 

I'm leaning Chicago because the city goes insane when they win, and I live a few blocks away from where thousands of people flood the streets near Wrigley, so that's always fun - but I just wish there was a team I consider more of a villain for them to beat.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 7, 2015, 10:39 PM »
I just picture Stamkos and his Agent, rolling into Steve Yzerman's office with the Stanley Cup, copies of Toews/Kane's 8 yr, $84mil contracts, and saying "your move" while Toronto sits with Babcock behind the wheel of a Brinks truck parked outside Stamkos' house.  :D

Hawks better win this year because that pair of contracts is likely to cripple them for some time.  Players are likely to vote for the escalator but you have to think the Hawks thought the salary cap would be higher than $71 million when they went ahead and signed those deals. 

I don't even know what to suggest the right amount for Stamkos would be, but I'll guess less than Toews/Kane got.  I'll also guess Tampa will hold onto him somehow. 

Oh, Hawks in six. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2015, 10:05 AM »
I want to see a 6-7 game series, not interested in seeing a Cup Final sweep. :P

Thank you Tampa and Chicago for making things interesting so far.  Bishop drama, Toews finally waking up, The triplets tripleting, etc.  Been a good run so far.

Meanwhile, on the "ugh, not this again" channel - Glendale sucks.  It's way past time for the Coyotes to go.  Maybe they only have to go as far as Scottsdale, maybe as far as Quebec.  But, it's obvious it's more than past the time they need to leave Glendale once and for all.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2015, 10:17 AM »
That could have easily been the Bolts' game.  There were a couple times when Crawford left a nice opening only for Tampa and they somehow shot wide of the net.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2015, 10:31 AM »
That could have easily been the Bolts' game.  There were a couple times when Crawford left a nice opening only for Tampa and they somehow shot wide of the net.

And Chicago hit 3 posts.  It could have just as easily been 5-1.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2015, 01:34 PM »

And Chicago hit 3 posts.  It could have just as easily been 5-1.

I probably missed those.  I had the game on in the background, doing other things, but whenever I walked to check the score someone would score... though saying that makes it sound like I was in the room 3 or 4 times.

I guess my post makes it sound like I'm rooting for the Bolts, but I'm just enjoying it the games.  My brother and his son are Hawk fans, so I'm happy for them.  I wonder if the Rangers GM is having trade regret since their former captain been performing while St. Louis hasn't when it counts.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2015, 06:36 PM »
Right around the third period of game 2 I decided I was just rooting for the Blackhawks.  That's the team I've followed closely since I moved here, and if they win it's lots of fun in town.

Though I suppose having Tampa win will be a nice consolation prize if it comes to that...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Forgot to check back in here, but congrats to the Blackhawks and 'better luck next time' to the Bolts. It was a good series and that's all you can ask, I guess.  No multi-goal leads until Game 6?  Nice.

If Tampa can keep that core together, they look like they'll be going good places the next few years...  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2015, 04:28 PM »
I ditched out of work for a few hours and went to the rally today at Soldier Field... good times.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2015, 05:04 PM »
The only good times at Soldier Field seem to be offered by the Blackhawks.  ;)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2015, 07:33 PM »
Stay classy 'Merika.   :-*

Watching the Blue Jays game. I'm just smart enough not to actually say anything, but just dumb enough to re-post this and antagonize you.  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2015, 10:25 PM »
Stay classy 'Merika.   :-*

Watching the Blue Jays game. I'm just smart enough not to actually say anything, but just dumb enough to re-post this and antagonize you.  ;)

I love you too sweetie.   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.