Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75"

NYCC 2014

(1/10) > >>

Jeff:
I'll be attending NYCC this year, including Hasbro's 'Twas the Night Before party on Wednesday October 8th, so I thought I'd start up a thread...

The Hasbro party invite is promising "new reveals" for Star Wars - sure hope that means NEW new reveals and not just stuff they've already teased or shown in press pics.   :P

Jayson:
My guess we'll finally see the new 6" C-3PO and Emperor, the 3-3/4" "Rancor Pit" set, maybe 2-3 of the 3-3/4" figures that were rumored a while back.

Scott:
Is it too early for an Episode VII figure preview?

Nicklab:
Probably.  But since Episode VII is being released in December '15 as opposed to May, it does throw off the sort of release schedule that we're used to.  IIRC the ROTS preview figures came out around late February or early March of 2005.  And then the main ROTS line started getting released about 1 month before the movie.  Given that history?  I would think that an Episode VII preview would come out around the time of SDCC 2015 or Star Wars Celebration.  The full line would probably follow some time around October 2015.

There's also JJ Abrams to consider.  He seems to have brought a much greater level of secrecy to the Episode VII production than we saw during the prequels.  And a lot of the quotes that I've seen coming from the cast have stated that they and JJ Abrams want to preserve that element of surprise with this movie.  The possibility of a preview figure(s) might fly in the face of that level of secrecy.  I get the feeling that the LFL licensing people and Hasbro would like the opportunity to cash in on preview merch, but if the ethos of secrecy is making it's way throughout the Disney/LFL organization, then I think it's likely that any preview items might be limited to characters we already know.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on September 25, 2014, 12:52 PM ---The possibility of a preview figure(s) might fly in the face of that level of secrecy.  I get the feeling that the LFL licensing people and Hasbro would like the opportunity to cash in on preview merch, but if the ethos of secrecy is making it's way throughout the Disney/LFL organization, then I think it's likely that any preview items might be limited to characters we already know.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, they could do a "Jedi Master Luke" or "Old Han Solo" figure as a preview pretty easy without spoiling any of the new characters...  Even a Ep7 Stormtrooper wouldn't too big a spoiler.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version