Multimedia > TV-9D9

Star Wars Rebels "Spark of Rebellion"

(1/4) > >>

Jayson:
Watched Spark of Rebellion today. It is a fantastic entry into the series and return to the classic feel of Star Wars. The characters, music, effects and story are on par with the best of The Clone Wars. I can't wait to watch more. I'd love to see it in a theatre presentation.

Jeff:
Watched it today with one of the boys.  Really well done.  Not sure I'm a fan of the animation style, but the story was pretty good and it seems a lot kid friendlier than Clone Wars.  Clone Wars started out so mild, but just got darker and darker as they lost kids but kept the adults.  And no "Skyguy" and "Snips" cringe-worthy dialogue for the most part.

Nicklab:
I liked it.  There's a clear line between the artwork of THE CLONE WARS and REBELS.  That kind of continuity is a good thing.  But there was a clear shift in tone in the characterizations, pacing and even the music cues. 

The Empire is clearly an oppressive force.  That overhead shot of the Star Destroyer passing over Ezra's tower established that in a hurry.  Although I think some of the officers in Lothal looked a bit too buffoonish.  That, and the Stormtroopers continue to be incredibly poor marksmen.

Ezras introduction to the crew of the Ghost was alright.  The speederbike chase was cool.  The good stuff for me was Ezra and his slow discovery of his Force abilities.  Like Ezra sensing Kanan through the Force, and the music associated with that.  There was also the opening of the holocron.  That along with the message from Obi-Wan tied a lot of things together in a big way.

Jesse James:
Just a reminder that the show premieres tonight at 9:00 on Disney Channel, and the show moves to DisneyXD in the following weeks.  It's just the one-hour premiere tonight for the regular Disney Channel though.

I really enjoyed the show on the WatchDisneyXD App last week, and I really have to agree that I think fans are going to dig what they saw.

Like Jeff, I wasn't sure on the animation of the characters themselves...  some look a lot better than others to me, but the settings and ships?  They're gorgeous.  Just really impressive looking.  Something about the human characters in particular annoys me though, and I prefer the TCW animation style over this, but the settings and vehicles blow the Clone Wars away IMO.

I'm excited to see future episodes though.  The story was impressive and immersive.  You instantly started to care about the characters, and so I really give it a positive review.  Even the wrist-blaster thing the kid has, it's not nearly as weird as I thought it would be.

I Am Sith:
Watched this this morning with the boys.  Love all the throwback designs that are making their way into this show.  I agree with others about the human/alien animation being subpar compared to TCW, but the ships and locations more than make up for it.  The boys are very excited about this series especially since TCW is no longer on.  Can't wait to see where this goes...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version