Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season One (Spoilers)  (Read 35535 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season One (Spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2015, 03:50 PM »
Rebels really managed to nail Tarkin. And the voice actor was great, too. I hope the series can continue to feature Tarkin for some time to come. He makes the Empire far more sinister than we've seen so far. And the bumbling keystone cop-like Imperials getting dispatched by the Inquisitor upped the ante. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:53 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2015, 03:51 PM »
Everything is better if Tarkin is in it!!

I agree.  Bacon with Tarkin, beer with Tarkin...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2015, 04:36 PM »
Wow.  Last night's episode was a little gruesome.  Luckily, my four-year old didn't realize the inquisitor decapitated those two officers.

Yeah, that was a little departure from the usual kid-friendly nature of the show.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 10:46 AM »
I'd say last night's episode was probably the best. 

I enjoyed it too, although it was funny that my kids said they didn't like the ending.  I don't think they liked Kanan being captured and there being no resolution for his escape. 

Rebels doesn't usually have cliffhangers.  Just simple 30 minute stories.  Even when the story arcs carry over from show to show they don't have a big cliffhanger.

The only thing that kind of bugs me about Rebels is that they spend so much time on Lothal.  I think it would be a lot more interesting if they traveled to neighboring systems more.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Watched last night and my 4-year old (Kellan) was NOT digging Kanan being tortured...  he was NOT happy the gang hasn't rescued him yet.

I compared it to my 6-year old self being super-pissed about Han Solo ending up in Carbonite and no one saving him.  At least Kellan won't have to wait three years to see Kanan finally get saved... :P

And, I'm still pretty convinced that Fulcrum is Ahsoka...  or at least I'm hoping that's the way they go.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 10:06 AM »
The past two episodes actually frightened my four-year old a bit.  But his favorite movie is ESB...go figure.    :D

I disagree, I think Fulcrum is Bail Organa.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2015, 11:12 PM »
So Hera's dad is this dude?

Huh?  Cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2015, 02:02 AM »
More craziness I'm finding out just now...

Gull Trayvis, the traitorous plant by the Empire to lure out cells of resistance, is voiced by none other than Lt. Commander Data, Brent Spiner!  Friggin' neat there.

And also PW himself voiced RX-24 "Captain Rex" Droid in the Droids in Distress episode?

More holy ****...  Peter McNicol from Ghost Busters II and Alley MacBeil played the Lobot-like Rodian dude Tseebo?  Wow.

Holy **** my mind is blown right now.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:08 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2015, 11:31 AM »
I'm surprised Fulcrum is even a person.  I thought it was just going to be a "contact" that Hera hadn't actually ever talked to in person or holographically. 

I thought it would just be a plot device and all the discussion on who it was would be wasted.

I'm still hoping its just a plot device and not tied to anyone we know in the Star Wars universe.  I don't like how everything has to be magically linked somehow.

The Star Wars universe has to have a population of quadrillions of sentient beings, but it seems like everyone is somehow tied together through only a couple of degrees of separation, without Kevin Bacon being involved.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2015, 11:40 AM »
So Hera's dad is this dude?

Huh?  Cool.

Yeah, Good ole Cham...I always assumed but nice of them to confirm officially.

I wonder if that was supposed to be Fulcrum's actual voice in the last episode or it was supposed to be electronically masked in some way. Was definitely not Ahsoka or Bail's voice.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2015, 12:25 PM »
Yeah, Good ole Cham...I always assumed but nice of them to confirm officially.

So... is Hera in those Ryloth CW episodes as a little girl then?  Might have to rewatch those and see if any match up.

I thought it was just going to be a "contact" that Hera hadn't actually ever talked to in person or holographically. 

I thought one of the episodes was pretty clear that Hera (and Hera alone) had met Fulcrum in person.  The episode where Sabine wanted more info on the rebels... was it "Out of Darkness" maybe? 

Yeah, I think it was that episode.  Hera goes to meet Fulcrum on a CR90 corvette, which is why folks think it's Bail/Leia since they both used CR90s.  Fulcrum could definitely be Bail/Leia/Mon Mothma and it wouldn't be a surprise.

Still though, I'm drawn to the idea (and hoping it's true) that Fulcrum is Ahsoka.  This may end up being red herrings from Filoni, but this is my favorite Fulcrum = Ahsoka hint so far: Hera recognized this crate as being marked for her by Fulcrum...  notice the "mark" matches Ahsoka's head?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2015, 12:51 PM »
I watched the Supply Lines episode with Cham and the little twi'lek, didn't really look like Hera. Skin color and head tail markings were different, but I suppose it could be explained away by the difference in animation or they retcon twi'lek physiology and say their colors and markings change as they age.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2015, 12:59 PM »
More craziness I'm finding out just now...

Gull Trayvis, the traitorous plant by the Empire to lure out cells of resistance, is voiced by none other than Lt. Commander Data, Brent Spiner!  Friggin' neat there.

I had to search back when I watched the Gull Trayvis episode to confirm that Brent Spiner did the voice acting there.  That was a pleasant surprise, even if the character was being used by the Empire to ferret out Rebel cells.

I had a sneaking suspicion that Hera was related in some way Cham Syndulla from the Ryloth story arc in CLONE WARS.  It just seems a little odd for the show to not explore that at all in the context of the storyline, and we got confirmation of that fact by watching a Q&A with Pablo Hidalgo on Rebels Recon.

I watched the Supply Lines episode with Cham and the little twi'lek, didn't really look like Hera. Skin color and head tail markings were different, but I suppose it could be explained away by the difference in animation or they retcon twi'lek physiology and say their colors and markings change as they age.

The young Twilek's name who Obi-Wan, Waxer and Boil dealt with on Ryloth was named Numa. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2015, 01:26 PM »
Still though, I'm drawn to the idea (and hoping it's true) that Fulcrum is Ahsoka.  This may end up being red herrings from Filoni...

You would hope that if there were a Jedi (Ahsoka) so closely linked to The Ghost crew that Ahsoka would have pulled Kanan and Ezra aside and tried to train them.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2015, 02:13 PM »
The young Twilek's name who Obi-Wan, Waxer and Boil dealt with on Ryloth was named Numa.

There was a different little girl to which I was referring.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:14 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird