Collectibles > Titanium Series, Action Fleet and Micro Machines

Disney Exclusive Die-Cast

(1/2) > >>

Spirit of MAC:
Anyone know what scale these Disney Store exclusive die-cast ships are in, or if they're actual rehashes of the Titanium or Galoob ships...?  $80 for 9 ships makes me think they're sized somewhere in between the Titanium ships and the old Action Fleet ships.  Just curious, after catching Jayson's news post over at Yak about it.

Jesse James:
Just eyeballing the packaging, they're definitely bigger than Titanium's line was.  I'd say the fighters probably actually aren't terribly far off (smaller) than the Action Fleet Line actually. It might make most of them more in scale with the original die-cast vintage vehicles, possibly. 

The fighters all look to be around the same scale, or close anyway, while the Destroyer and Falcon are scales all their own ultimately.

The detail looks neat.  I'd like a set but not at that price.  The Y-Wing is the ship that has my eye the most (I'm a sucker for the Alliance's workhorse beater ship).

iFett:
AP:

3. What is the deal with these new Disney Store diecast vehicles? From the pictures I've seen online, they look quite good, particularly Slave I. Do you know what scale these are? For only $10, I can't imagine them being very large, so I'm guessing they are somewhere between Titanium and Action Fleet size? It looks like they at least have a couple moving parts, but likely no stand included. What do you know about them?
--Greg

They're neat, but not perfect. For example the Landspeeder doesn't have an exposed nacelle like it should - but otherwise, is pretty great. The scale is inconsistent, each one is pretty small and pretty cheap - if you want a series of models that are in scale to one another, this ain't it. The vehicles are nicely sized for the price - they run circles around the Titanium Series Ultra vehicles Hasbro did a few years ago - with some being a little bigger, and some being a little smaller. All I can say is go check them out at the store - the look is there, and the deco is quite good on the few I've seen finalized up close.

Qui-Gon Jim:
I grabbed an AT-AT, Snowspeeder and TIE Advanced for my son from Santa.  These are pretty cool.  A bit bigger than the Titanium, IIRC.  They have the three I listed, as well as a Speeder Bike, and the vehicles in this gift set, one of which (Wedge's X-Wing) is exclusive to the set.  The Falcon and Star Destroyer retail for $20 each so this is a decent bargain.

Qui-Gon Jim:
I'll post pics later this week of these vehicles. I grabbed a Millenium Falcon, Slave 1 and X-Wing to add to the mix.  This Falcon only cost $13 or so, and it is big. My son loves the ships so I am hoping this will be a big hit. I left behind speeder bike and landspeeder. I Did not see any regular TIE fighters or Star Destroyers, two more I'd like to get. The regular size ones that were normally $10 were down to $7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version