Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)  (Read 54253 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2015, 09:53 PM »
So, "Always two there are" is re-airing on Disney XD right now.  And it's got me thinking about one of the new Inquisitors.  Notably, the 7th Sister.  It's very cool that they've got Sarah Michelle Gellar voicing the part.  But there have been some rumblings around the Star Wars community regarding this character.  Just who is the 7th Sister?  There are actually some rumblings that she could be a fallen Jedi.  Perhaps one that we saw in the PT as well as the CLONE WARS animated series.  Does anyone else think that perhaps the 7th Sister is a fallen Barriss Offee?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2015, 10:09 PM »
I didn't think it looks like who you're talking about, but who knows.

I thought that was a pretty good episode last night though.  Cool atmosphere, a little spooky, kinda halloweenish.  I liked seeing the old hospital station, and find it interesting old stations just go by the wayside...  Kind of broadens how big a galactic war would be...  That whole working stations would just get abandoned like that.  I find that kind of minutia interesting.  Like when Vietnam was ending how hardware was just dumped overboard, and this past week German halftracks from world war II were pulled from a river in Poland.

It's interesting the station still had atmosphere, but lacked heat and electricity to power much but basic atmosphere it seemed.  Weird.  Also weird the doors opened, but again no power to instruments and such. 

Anyway, good episode I thought.  I dug it. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2015, 10:24 PM »
The thing about the possibilities for the origins of the 7th Sister stem from this series of events at the end of the CLONE WARS run, I believe in the Lost Missions.  It certainly seems to set up the possibility for Inquisitors to have been drawn in part from the ranks of the Jedi.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2015, 10:44 PM »
I think that's a definite possibility, like Pong Krell had he not croaked...  I just didn't think she looked like who I think you were hinting at?

I thought Ventress could possibly turn up as an Inquisitor, or someone they attempt to lure in anyway in some story arc at some point, but she'd also sort of be an untidy loose end too, for Poopa Pappa Palpatine so I'd think he wouldn't like that.  He seemed to like things to be tidy.

Then again, Mas Ameda...  so who knows. 

I'd kind of dig seeing what he's up to, btw.  Ameda knows a lot about Palpatine.  He's there to witness some pretty big stuff, and just meanders off.  He's been mentioned by LFL things that he's still around.  Wonder what he's doing, and what his role is now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2015, 11:14 PM »
My question is: How did the 7th Sister end up on the station?  Did she just decide to hang out there and "hey, Jedi onboard!"  There wasn't any dialogue from her as to why she was sitting there, even if the Imperials are keeping Inquisitors in old, abandoned places just in case.  And judging by Han's comments on the new TFA trailer, it would seem that the Jedi/Sith thing was just called a "myth" so 30 years from that point it felt that way. 

Then the 2nd Son shows up and is surprised to see the Sister.  For what it sounds like, Inquisitors don't work with a partner since the Son and Sister were always at odds with how to deal with the situation.

I, too, had heard about who people were thinking the Sister actually was.  I think that would make for a cool story, but I don't think this fallen Jedi and the Sister look alike.  Of course, maybe there was some slight alterations done so she was not recognizable.  I also like how her voice is not natural, but has a robotic ring to it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2015, 01:04 AM »
I was wondering how she got there too and just hung out.  Perhaps she was there doing her own investigation, and chance/coincidence?  Perhaps after the Rebels left with the Clones, she found some clues to make her want to investigate this base?  She may just be good at putting some kind of clues together compared to the other Inquisitor.  She seemed sort of superior to him.  They seem almost like the anti-Rebels...  She's the Hera of her group perhaps, and the other one was their Zeb in a way.

I feel like the show wastes so much time with sillier **** when this could've definitely been tied together better, haha.

Man I want a scaled Phantom now.  I want a scale Ghost too, but the Phantom's a much more practical design.  I could see drawing that up actually, and making a workable version with a 3D printer.  It's fairly simplistic design would lend itself well to that kind of thing.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2015, 07:34 AM »
The 7th Sister seemed very fixated on Ahsoka.  She mentioned her by name to Ezra, so it would seem that she has been very deliberately tasked with finding her.  Did all of the Inqisitors get tasked with that assignment?  It certainly doesn't seem that way.  It came across much more like the 5th Brother got a more general assignment of finding Rebels, and he detected a disturbance in The Force. 

And then there's the medical station.  IIRC, a station like that one was involved in a CLONE WARS story arc that involved both Ahsoka and the aforementioned fallen Jedi. 

Feedback

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2015, 12:17 PM »
That is true, Nick, she did.  Vader must have been put priority on finding her after their confrontation earlier this season.  Perhaps since she was disgusted by the Jedi way, she could be swayed to become an Inquisitor and right hand (perhaps overthrow the Emperor)?  But it still doesn't explain why the Sister was hanging out.  All that was needed was a line of dialogue when she was with her probe droids (why have they come to my lair? or My leads have paid off).  Who knows, maybe Wolffe is still a loyal to the Empire clone?

I think I'll just stick with calling the Inquisitors Brother and Sister (I keep thinking Seventh Son all the time). 

I think it would be interesting to see how the Empire recruits Force-sensitives to become Inquisitors.  I'm sure some of it is out of fear for their lives, but how they are indoctrinated, etc., especially if some were former Jedi... and maybe as I mentioned above altered so they don't appear as Jedi (since it would be odd that Palpatine would hire traitors to hunt down traitors... not that it ever happens in real life, right?)  I doubt we'll see it if the show is called "Rebels" and not "Inquisitors."  But, as I said in my previous post, I think it would be an interesting "twist" if the Sister is who you think it is, Nick, because her plotline was left open in TCW, especially with Palpatine's interest in her fate.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Filoni confirmed at a press conference that the Seventh Sister isn't Barriss Offee and her story will be told down the road.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2015, 12:45 PM »
That is true, Nick, she did.  Vader must have been put priority on finding her after their confrontation earlier this season.  Perhaps since she was disgusted by the Jedi way, she could be swayed to become an Inquisitor and right hand (perhaps overthrow the Emperor)?  But it still doesn't explain why the Sister was hanging out.  All that was needed was a line of dialogue when she was with her probe droids (why have they come to my lair? or My leads have paid off).  Who knows, maybe Wolffe is still a loyal to the Empire clone?

The Viper probe droid managed to gather a good deal of intel from both the Phantom and the old AT-TE before it was eventually taken out.  I think it's entirely possible that some of the information that Rex, Wolffe and Gregor had in their computers was transmitted to the Empire.

Filoni actually dropped a hint in Rebels Recon about the Grand Inquisitor (the Pau'an who was voiced by Jason Isaacs).  He said that we had actually seen him in episode(s) of CLONE WARS.  I know that some Pau'an's did appear in CLONE WARS, including some of those episodes that only existed in storyboard form.  But is it possible that he was one of the Force sensitive infants that was taken by Darth Sidious?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:46 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2015, 12:51 PM »
actually dropped a hint in Rebels Recon about the Grand Inquisitor (the Pau'an who was voiced by Jason Isaacs).  He said that we had actually seen him in episode(s) of CLONE WARS.  I know that some Pau'an's did appear in CLONE WARS, including some of those episodes that only existed in storyboard form.  But is it possible that he was one of the Force sensitive infants that was taken by Darth Sidious?

Would he be too old though to have been an taken as a infant during TCW?

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Filoni actually dropped a hint in Rebels Recon about the Grand Inquisitor (the Pau'an who was voiced by Jason Isaacs).  He said that we had actually seen him in episode(s) of CLONE WARS.  I know that some Pau'an's did appear in CLONE WARS, including some of those episodes that only existed in storyboard form.  But is it possible that he was one of the Force sensitive infants that was taken by Darth Sidious?

If Rebels is set about 14 years after ROTS, I don't think any of those infants would be old enough to be The Inquisitor, would they?  I guess they could since we don't know his age, but it seems unlikely to me unless The Inquisitor was a lot younger than I thought.

One theory I saw a long time ago was about the resemblance between The Son and The Inquisitor...  thought that's probably just a coincidence because they have similar white heads with red markings.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2015, 01:08 PM »

If Rebels is set about 14 years after ROTS, I don't think any of those infants would be old enough to be The Inquisitor, would they?  I guess they could since we don't know his age, but it seems unlikely to me unless The Inquisitor was a lot younger than I thought.

I think it would all depend on how creative Filoni and company want to get with the concepts of alien physiology and how one species ages relative to another.  We've already seen an example of the advanced rate of aging of the Clones.  I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that other alien species would mature at advanced rates as well.

The more likely scenario seems to be that the Pau'an Inquisitor was a minor character in the Utapau story arc that was offered up in storyboard form.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:09 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 3, 2015, 03:01 PM »
I don't think they'd be recruiting old jedi, or even padawans. you don't want too much competition so you'd probably really limit the amount of force training that these inquisitors have. I think that's the main reason that Kannan/Ezra have kinda been able to hold there own. As Kanaan was still a padawan when order 66 came around and ezra is still in training
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 4, 2015, 07:30 PM »
I remember some of the web comics from the Official Site had a story about a Padawan who was on the run from the Empire.  And the search was led by an Inquisitor who had been a Jedi youngling, but hadn't gotten a Master to see him through his Padawan training.  He got sent off to the agricultural corps, but was eventually recruited for the Inqisitorium since he was known to be Force sensitive.  I think that was Tremayne.  But I don't know if that whole storyline has become Legends material. 

Feedback