Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)  (Read 54251 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Great episode.  They actually gave us some back story and a little character development for Hera and Chopper.  I think they've missed on a bunch of the episodes this last half of the season, but this one was great.

I think the thing that cracks me up the most is the nameless Imperial Officer that they have in every one of these shows.  He looks the same each show, and generally has his spacecraft get destroyed.  I guess he is the Star Trek red shirt of the Rebels world.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2016, 12:16 AM »
I liked this week's episode as well.  I'll have to go back and see if I can find the Clone Wars episode they were referring to.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2016, 01:03 PM »
I enjoyed last week's episode as well, if anything because it had more space battle action and that Star Wars feel to it.  Something this season of Rebels has seemed to lack, save a few notable exceptions.  I Liked the backstory development for Hera and the connection to the CW show characters.  Also fun to see the TIE Bombers make an appearance.  I guess the ship the Rebels were in was the TIE Shuttle variant of the TIE Bomber as there sure was a lot of room in that thing!

Overall, I'm just not as into SW Rebels as much as I was into the Clone Wars series.  With Clone Wars, I did everything in my power to ensure I was able to catch the new episode, however, with Rebels, if I miss one, I don't really care...  Actually, I missed the entire first season, only getting into the show after I purchased the first season on DVD on a whim.  I guess its the more kid-like feel to Rebels and the really fast pace of the episodes (conflict to resolution in around 22 minutes) and the overall lack of fighting a war in the stars that turns me off more so than Clone Wars did...
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2016, 03:24 PM »
The little details are some of the best bits about REBELS.  I love how Hera was slipping into her old accent when she was arguing with her father in private.  The return of Numa as one of Cham Syndulla's warriors was great, too.

The Imperial ships were well done, too.  It's good to see some ships other than an Imperial Star Destroyer, like the Imperial Carrier or the light cruiser.  And also seeing the TIE Bomber used in it's TIE Boarding Craft configuration was good stuff, too.

It looks like bit by bit the Rebellion is building up a fleet of their own, from the Blockade Runners, to the A-Wings, plus Leia's three cruisers and now the Quasar Fire class carrier.  I wonder if the B-Wings will be going operational soon, and join the fleet too?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:24 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2016, 11:52 PM »
Remember before the show even aired folks were wondering if Kallus would be the bad guy who defects?

Yeah, after a season and a half that seemed unlikely, then we get The Honorable Ones where Sisko and Dukat I mean Kallus and Zeb are marooned together on an alien planet, waiting for rescue.

The fate of the Geonosians? ARE THEY ALL ZOMBIES NOW? Did the Empire try to contain the zombie worm?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2016, 01:17 PM »
Great episode last night.  Good to see Zeb portrayed in a more serious light and not just one dimensional strong guy who smashes stuff or comic relief.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2016, 03:11 PM »
I liked it, but at least in my mind it seemed like a stretch that Kallus would have acted that way. I've gotten a pretty "evil Imperial" vibe from him. I could be wrong though.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2016, 05:59 PM »
Yeah, I didn't care for Kallus' change here.  There aren't enough baddies on the show and Kallus was a mainstay.  We don't see the Inquisitors enough and Vader can't be in every episode either.  If Kallus defects then there isn't that born and bred Imperial officer that is after the Ghost crew.  Kallus sounded apologetic about the massacre of Lasats and didn't seem to character.  Maybe if he described things from the Empire's point of view as being right.  I understand the whole respect between soldiers when they are trying to survive but I think Kallus should have retained his disdain for what Zeb is doing (maybe under the guise of them being viewed as terrorists instead of heroes).

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2016, 12:17 PM »
Well, rumors are the recurring Imperial antagonist for season 3 will be Thrawn. So they gotta do something will Kallus.

But. yeah. I'd think the type of person who'd be promoted to Imperial Security Agent wouldn't be one with much of a conscience.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Also didn't care for the "Pitch Black" like creatures.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2016, 01:22 PM »
Well, rumors are the recurring Imperial antagonist for season 3 will be Thrawn. So they gotta do something will Kallus.

But. yeah. I'd think the type of person who'd be promoted to Imperial Security Agent wouldn't be one with much of a conscience.

Really?  That's the first I've heard of that rumor.  There are rumors of a character similar to Thrawn being in the mix for ROGUE ONE, but I haven't heard anything about Thrawn in REBELS up until now.

The Rebels Recon following this episode was enlightening.  It seems like the show runners want a character like Kallus to have a little bit of depth.  One dimensional villains are rarely interesting.  Knowing that Kallus has some degree of respect for the Rebels following his ordeal with Zeb makes him more interesting.  He believes what he's doing on behalf of the Empire is right.  But after his time with Zeb?  He seems to have reservations.  Zeb is an honorable warrior.  Zeb helped to protect Kallus and save his life, even though he didn't have to.  Zeb didn't take Kallus captive when the Ghost responded to the distress beacon.  And when Kallus wound up back on his Star Destroyer?  He found a cold place where there was little compassion for him after what he had been through.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2016, 03:58 PM »

Weren't those Acklay creatures?  I assumed that since it was a moon of Geonosis, and there were Acklay in the Geonosis arena that they were supposed to be Acklay.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2016, 04:42 PM »

Weren't those Acklay creatures?  I assumed that since it was a moon of Geonosis, and there were Acklay in the Geonosis arena that they were supposed to be Acklay.

They made a noise like the Acklay, but didn't look like them.  Perhaps it's the animated version of them?  A cousin?

Edit: according to wookieepedia, the creatures are called Bonzami.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:47 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2016, 05:46 PM »

Really?  That's the first I've heard of that rumor.  There are rumors of a character similar to Thrawn being in the mix for ROGUE ONE, but I haven't heard anything about Thrawn in REBELS up until now.

Rumor: The largest cameo in Star Wars Rebels’ (C)history?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2016, 07:37 PM »
I really don't like any attempts to make the Empire seem sympathetic. They're galactic Nazis for chrissakes. (Even down to committing genocide as shown this very episode) They kept trying to play that card in Aftermath too, but it just seemed asinine to me. let's try to remember how many sweet innocent babies they blew to bits when they took out Alderaan. But yeah, they're just a bunch of misunderstood sweethearts.  ::)

I know we're not there yet in the timeline but even a dope like Kallus can see what they are all about. The fact that he continues to be a part of it means he is just as bad as the rest if not worse, imho.

I loved all the stuff about the Death Star this week though, just eerie.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy