Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)  (Read 54252 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2016, 01:11 AM »
The Forgotten Droid I like Chopper so this one was a winner. Wonder if his pal will be sticking around for the long term.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2016, 09:08 AM »
I hate when they shrink the credits so I can't see who the voices are. I know I recognize that Imperial Droid's voice. All I could think of was man, it sucks that they're never going to make that action figure. Which is pretty much what I think whenever I see anything cool on this show.

I liked it, I feel like it would have been a lot more compelling tie-in if the new base they had found was on Yavin, or even Dantooine, but whateves. I guess they'll get there eventually.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2016, 10:58 AM »
The credit crunch is really annoying.  But cable channels like Disney XD want to squeeze every second of promos in that they possibly can.

As for who played AP-5?  That would be Stephen Stanton, who also voiced Grand Moff Tarkin on REBELS.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2016, 06:13 PM »
Almost sounded like he was doing a slight Alan Rickman impression.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2016, 02:13 AM »
One of the more fun episodes and had a lot of action aside from the main story.  While I can't say I like all the characters, I do dig Chopper a lot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2016, 02:53 PM »
While I liked seeing the McQuarrie Spiders...  Man this show is slow and dull sometimes.  Last night being one of those times.  The end scene sets up an obvious character connection and plot, but beyond that, this one was nothing but Spider fights.  If you watched recon after, they try to imply other stuff but really none of it moved the show along.

Next week looks to have more umph to it, but I was never a fan of having this character back, so that alone kind of spurs me on the upcoming ep. :(

I want to like Rebels more, but it's like its a chore some weeks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2016, 03:29 PM »
I agree with you a lot Jesse.  It seems like they have been testing the waters way too long to see if people are on board or not.  And too often they are throwing in the meaningless 'kids entertainment' episodes like the Chopper one.  If you ended up editing all of the meaningless stuff out of the last two seasons, I don't think you'd have enough there to make half a season at best.  I know that The Clone Wars had the first two movies and a ton of EU books and comics to build off of, but there's enough going on to have some really good story arcs in Rebels and yet there is nothing but single episode rabble IMO.  I guess this is why my sons like it and look forward to new episodes every week and I'm just 'meh' on the whole series.  I'll give it until Season 3 and then I think I might be done...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2016, 04:09 PM »
I'm sure I'll watch cuz it's Star Wars and all but man I want to like it more.  I like parts of it but not all.  I actually enjoyed the Chopper ep, but only because I felt it moved things along. He meets a new guy they'll have on now, new guy helps them with getting the base, blah blah blah. 

But like this week I have someone on twitter challenging my opinion and going with the same ole same ole "it's character driven and you don't understand..." implication.  No, I understand, but last night was really only ONE thing at the end that had to do with developing the characters at all and it's something most of us feel is obvious I'm sure.

I never thought TCW was perfect by any means but it had more hits than misses.  Rebels I can't say is the same.  It feels like so much is just dull filler, and like this whole season there has been one "mystery" and nothing else to it but that filler.  The mystery gets brought up but then just fades away to more filler.  *shrugs*

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2016, 07:11 PM »
And what happened to the pilot?  They went in looking for Rex and her, found Rex but no mention of Dreiden (?) after they found Rex and left.  I didn't see any remains so they essentially left her behind.  No mention afterwards.  Nice heroes these Rebels are.  Is the pilot a Star Wars equivalent to a Red Shirt?

I also felt that the episode didn't respect the idea of the Rebels.  It felt like the Rebels were essentially the Empire in the fact that they find a base, build there, place sensors that disrupted the lives of the native species on the planet.  But hey, they're spiders and attacking the Rebels irregardless that their actions were irrespective to the natives so we should just kill them just because they are spiders and they need the land for the base more than they do.

And I didn't get the Vader theme foreshadowing at the end.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2016, 07:29 PM »
Hah I thought I was the only one wondering about the pilot.  But hey I'm sure pilots are a dime a dozen for the Rebels!

Seriously though that's one of those things about this show.  And add in Zeb's music...  Would it have been hard to get something that had a Cantina or Laptinek sound to it?  No?  So 80's bubblegum rock?  Ok. ::)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2016, 07:55 PM »
Hah I thought I was the only one wondering about the pilot.  But hey I'm sure pilots are a dime a dozen for the Rebels!

Seriously though that's one of those things about this show.  And add in Zeb's music...  Would it have been hard to get something that had a Cantina or Laptinek sound to it?  No?  So 80's bubblegum rock?  Ok. ::)

Actually, someone (Hera?) said that the Rebellion was lacking pilots, so I'd think she'd have been more of a priority than Rex.

Oh yeah, forgot about the music.  Too much of an Earth feel to it.  What would be cool is a Lapti Nek that is the original and Sly Snoodles did a remake.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2016, 09:16 PM »
Yeah since Lapti Nek is annexed from Star Wars forever, why not sneak it in as a fan wank?  I'd have appreciated it.  Instead, just a lame scene that ultimately meant nothing.

Anyway, yeah...  I was talking to a buddy earlier, and I find I like the little stuff in the show more than the show itself.  The mini turrets in Season one, the graffiti and propaganda posters, new ship designs, homages to old EU (even if small), and even just boxes...  or the floating forklift box loader things.  Or the Yavin Hangar Sled Ladders even.

And I dig Chopper...  I'm easy when it comes to Chopper humor.  Best design of the show IMO was taking the old R2 design and tacking on an R5-ish head so you had something new and interesting to look at, and the personality has been fun.  I really actually enjoyed the episode last week where he just went off to steal something because he's a dick.  And I've enjoyed the Droid he picked up from the Empire and that he appears to be sticking with the show, even if in a background capacity. 

But next week...  Ugh.  This guy, again.  You're killing me.  You're not killing him, ever, apparently, but you're really killing me.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2016, 05:21 PM »
The non-mystery of Chopper Base. I agree with Zeb, keep those spiders away from me. Convenient they were virtually blaster-proof...even to heavier starship blasters...except the eyes. I was waiting for the spiders to be intelligent and the rebel pilot to be alive anything to subvert the MONSTER OF THE WEEK bit, but no...very large spider-things that even Ezra cannot connect with. Funny their main prey were small snail thingies, they must eat a lot of them to support such a large spider colony.

Yes, who'd sign onto the rebellion knowing their pilots are expendable.

Did they go back for her A-Wing or what?

Dark side music because Ezra doubts the force and wants to make friends with hideous monsters...yeah...that must be it.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2016, 02:51 PM »
Haven't posted much this season since I typically watch these On-Demand several days after, but I am looking forward to the hour long finale tonight. Saw the Preview clip with Ezra and the "Old Master" chatting...good stuff!

Hoping for some closure this time around that the Clone Wars always failed to deliver.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2016, 12:42 AM »
Only a fool's hope.

SPOILERS...of course

The double-blade lightsaber helicopter bit...a SITH secret.

The Kylo Ren type saber... proving that Ezra is really Snoke. Or something. Or nothing.

Just who was that 3rd inquisitor?

Why aren't Kanan and Ahsoka allowed to actually kill anyone? If Maul wasn't there, they'd have lost...well, more-so.

Maul constantly surviving makes him the canon version of the EU Boba Fett.

Why did the temple have the voice of Assaj Ventress?

How'd anyone survive that 'spolsion?