Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Spider-Man Joins the Marvel Movie Universe

(1/22) > >>

Diddly:
Sony brings Marvel into the Amazing World of Spider-Man

McMetal:

--- Quote from: Diddly on February 10, 2015, 12:18 AM ---Sony brings Marvel into the Amazing World of Spider-Man

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what that means? Amy Pascal just got fired so this seems like it would be up in the air to some extent now...

Scott:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/11/business/media/amy-pascal-to-work-on-sonys-spider-man-team.html?_r=0

BillCable:
Pascal is moving from studio CEO to producer.  Kind of a demotion, but she'll probably still be able to cover her bills.

What it means ultimately is:

Spider-Man will be in Captain America - Civil War
Spider-Man will be in his own stand-alone film in 2017
Spider-Man will be in the Infinity Gauntlet movies
Spider-Man may appear in any of the other upcoming Marvel films (not yet determined)
I expect we'll see Spider-Man in one of the end credit scenes after Age of Ultron

also
Thor 3, Black Panther and Inhumans have all been moved back one slot.

We probably won't see any Sony Spidey spin-offs that were mapped out.  Disney won't want to oversaturate.  Sorry to all those who were looking forward to the Aunt May stand-alone feature film.

Jeff:
Looking forward to reading the next stupid idea that WB/DC offers to try to keep up with Disney/Marvel adding Spidey to the mix finally -

'Hey everyone, we're cramming The Wonder Twins into Batman V. Superman - Beginning of the Dawn of Justice League of America Superfriends Challenge'!!!   ::)

ps.
I still really, really hate that Batman V Superman movie title... :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version