Author Topic: Spider-Man Joins the Marvel Movie Universe  (Read 49381 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:41 PM by Jeff »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Spider-Man Joins the Marvel Movie Universe
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Sony brings Marvel into the Amazing World of Spider-Man

I'm not sure what that means? Amy Pascal just got fired so this seems like it would be up in the air to some extent now...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 10:01 AM »
Pascal is moving from studio CEO to producer.  Kind of a demotion, but she'll probably still be able to cover her bills.

What it means ultimately is:

Spider-Man will be in Captain America - Civil War
Spider-Man will be in his own stand-alone film in 2017
Spider-Man will be in the Infinity Gauntlet movies
Spider-Man may appear in any of the other upcoming Marvel films (not yet determined)
I expect we'll see Spider-Man in one of the end credit scenes after Age of Ultron

also
Thor 3, Black Panther and Inhumans have all been moved back one slot.

We probably won't see any Sony Spidey spin-offs that were mapped out.  Disney won't want to oversaturate.  Sorry to all those who were looking forward to the Aunt May stand-alone feature film.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:07 AM »
Looking forward to reading the next stupid idea that WB/DC offers to try to keep up with Disney/Marvel adding Spidey to the mix finally -

'Hey everyone, we're cramming The Wonder Twins into Batman V. Superman - Beginning of the Dawn of Justice League of America Superfriends Challenge'!!!   ::)

ps.
I still really, really hate that Batman V Superman movie title... :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 12:31 PM »
Super excited to hear this news.  I haven't had problems with the previous Spidey movies as many have (although Amazing 2 was a bit of a mess), and I liked Andrew Garfield in the role, but I'll trade it all to see Spidey in the hands of Marvel Studios.  So glad that this deal finally went down, and we can see Peter Parker alongside the likes of the Avengers.  Should be pretty cool, and can't wait to see what direction (casting, age, villains, etc.) they go.  Sounding like he may make his debut in Civil War, which would be fitting too.

Looking forward to reading the next stupid idea that WB/DC offers to try to keep up with Disney/Marvel adding Spidey to the mix finally -

'Hey everyone, we're cramming The Wonder Twins into Batman V. Superman - Beginning of the Dawn of Justice League of America Superfriends Challenge'!!!   ::)

ps.
I still really, really hate that Batman V Superman movie title...

As for the DC side of things, I agree with you Jeff.  As much as I hope all their planned movies turn out amazing, they just seem so haphazard with how they are planning this out.  They want to do anything they can to not use the (successful) Marvel model and build towards Justice League and big events, and it seems like now they are just throwing anything that might stick.  Plus, it bothers me that they don't make things more cohesive and see the television Flash and Arrow in these movies as well.  I might be in the minority, and I understand it might be difficult scheduling wise, but personally I love the new Flash show (and Arrow as well), and would love to see those actors make the transition to the big screen alongside the other heroes.  It might be difficult to do, but I think it would be the right thing.

Maybe this Marvel news will spur WB/DC to release that Batman v. Superman teaser trailer now ;).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 12:50 PM »
Maybe Disney will buy DC and let Marvel run it?   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 01:42 PM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 04:02 PM »
Wow.  This is definitely big news for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  No doubt Sony is trying to right their own ship in the wake of the hacking scandal. Part of what came out in that affair was a good amount of bashing of Andrew Garfield's performance in the Spider-Man reboot films by Sony executives . Seeing how his name wasn't mentioned in that press release you have to figure that the role is being recast.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 09:19 PM »
We probably won't see any Sony Spidey spin-offs that were mapped out.  Disney won't want to oversaturate.  Sorry to all those who were looking forward to the Aunt May stand-alone feature film.

I may be in the minority, but I was actually looking forward to the Sinister Six movie.  Like Brian, I liked Garfield (much more than Toby McGuire) in the role, but am interested to see who they tap on the shoulder to take the web shooters.

Spiderman, X-Men and the Avengers were my favorite Marvel comics growing up, so I'm happy to see at least two of them will be together on screen soon enough.  Now if they could only get the X-Men in there too...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 08:27 AM »
I read Sinister Six was still in development.  So it might happen at some point.  But I think that's the only proposed Spideyverse film still being considered (outside 2017 Spidey, obviously).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 11:56 AM »
Wow.  This is definitely big news for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  No doubt Sony is trying to right their own ship in the wake of the hacking scandal. Part of what came out in that affair was a good amount of bashing of Andrew Garfield's performance in the Spider-Man reboot films by Sony executives . Seeing how his name wasn't mentioned in that press release you have to figure that the role is being recast.

I really hope not. Garfield was one of the very few things I enjoyed about those films, and was far, far from the reason why they sucked.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 02:05 PM »
Anyone think that Sony is hedging their bets on the F4 reboot?  This could lead to things like Galactus and Skrulls in the MCU if Sony makes a similar F4 deal.

I would also say the chances of a non Peter Parker Spiderman are at least 50/50.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 02:30 PM »
I would also say the chances of a non Peter Parker Spiderman are at least 50/50.

You're crazy.  The whole world knows Peter Parker as Spider-Man.  Peter Parker movies have made Sony $4 billion.  The circulation of the Miles Morales Spider-Man books is 30,000 (77th highest of January).  I see the chances of a non-Parker Spidey somewhere south of 1%.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 03:23 PM »

I really hope not. Garfield was one of the very few things I enjoyed about those films, and was far, far from the reason why they sucked.

It's looking like that's the way things are going to shake out.  Check out this Mashable article that draws on a number of emails that got leaked in the Sony hack.  It seems pretty likely that Andrew Garfield is out.  He stood up some very senior Japanese Sony executives at a corporate event.  Plus, from Amy Pascals own emails it looks like he's done.  She seems to state that the new Peter Parker would likely be introduced in Captain America - Civil War, and those discussions have been ongoing for several months.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback