Author Topic: 2015 SDCC 6" First Order Stormtrooper  (Read 19720 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2015 SDCC 6" First Order Stormtrooper
« Reply #30 on: July 9, 2015, 11:19 AM »
Hasbro will be selling their SDCC Exclusives including the First Order Stormtrooper via HasbroToyShop starting July 28.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 9, 2015, 11:31 AM »
That's crazy.  And I feel for the guy who was going to get one for $5 over price just to be rid of the headache, only to have lost an extra $100 in the process.  That trooper was definitely not worth it... and getting punched.  Sad.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 9, 2015, 02:20 PM »
Yep, I'm happy to just wait it out and pick one up cheap after the furor dies down. None of their exclusives have been that hard to get after the fact if one is patient.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 9, 2015, 02:24 PM »
Yep, I'm happy to just wait it out and pick one up cheap after the furor dies down. None of their exclusives have been that hard to get after the fact if one is patient.

I still haven't gotten that Fett/Carbonite set.  Couldn't get it on HTS when it went up and wasn't going to feed the scalpers by paying an outrageous price for it on ebay. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 9, 2015, 04:55 PM »
Hasbro will be selling their SDCC Exclusives including the First Order Stormtrooper via HasbroToyShop starting July 28.

And they will have exactly two of them.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: July 9, 2015, 05:59 PM »
Yeah I dunno, while Jabba was pricey, their last several SDCC exclusives weren't THAT easy to pick up actually.  Han/Fett still is pricey I think?  Those big boxed sets they did dating back to even the Indiana Jones set all seem to fetch above their original prices too.  While I'm not saying freak out, or fist fight, I am saying I wouldn't piss around online if you really want one.

That said, the Stormie is really all packaging so I don't get that one totally.  I mean I see wanting it and all, but I don't see fighting over it.

I got some story from that line, and it sounds like it was a few people started it, and didn't care what happened to others.  That's a shame.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 08:51 AM »
I dunno, I feel like the Fett/Carbonite one was actually not that bad as I recall...there were ones floating around from the Euro-Con, a bunch coming out of Japan, I'm pretty sure they were even listed at EE or BBTS at one point. Jabba is still up at Amazon if you need him. The Death Star thing was a bit of a bear but the sheer size of the thing impacted that I think. It's all relative too based on what you consider a fair mark-up to be.

I would like to hold out and wait for HTS to put these up but I will be on vacation that week and internet access may be spotty.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 11:30 AM »
Nice to see sane, rational toy collectors are still the norm at SDCC.   ::)

People getting punched, getting pushed, getting robbed - just to try and buy an exclusive box and booklet.  I feel really bad for the actual fans trying to buy this thing, with a line full of slimeballs and re-sellers looking to make (or steal) a quick buck.  :-\

Ridiculous behavior.  These people are idiots.  That said, I think the whole "exclusive" nature of stuff like this just breeds that kind of behavior.  What is the need to make this thing exclusive to SDCC?  Are they selling more this way than they would have using other outlets or making it available online?  Haven't people learned from Black Friday?  Mix high demand with low availability and you get explosive consumers.  Yeah, I know the same figure will be released at retail later on, but that only satisfies the non-crazies. 

Not justifying idiotic behavior, but not surprised to see it under the circumstances either.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Got. To. Have. It. Now. (And resell on ebay).

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 01:14 PM »
Sold out for remainder of SDCC. :o
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 01:16 PM »

Let the complaining begin.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 01:21 PM »

THAT I don't buy.  Having been to SDCC on a couple of occassions, I know from firsthand experience that Hasbro rations out their exclusives in a very deliberate fashion for each day of the con.  That's something they've been doing for years.  I suspect that message indicates that today's allotment of First Order Stormtroopers is sold out, but there are likely to be more for Saturday and Sunday.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 02:31 PM »
Hasbro Tweet:
The Star Wars Black Series Stormtrooper exclusive is sold out today, but will be back tomorrow at #HasbroSDCC while supplies last!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 02:49 PM »
Debunking their own bunk?  Weird.

Regarding the Stormie, or any exclusive to SDCC, it's all marketing/promo stuff...  What better way to whip collectors into a frenzy than a Stormtrooper kicking off the line exclusively at SDCC?  I'm just glad they kept it to packaging only variation, unlike Fett with the block, or Jabba with the extra pieces and stuff.  At least you know you'd only be missing that book and the box it came in ya know?  Could always be worse I guess.

IJ, Death Star, "Retro Card" set...  and I'd argue Fett/Carbo Han was a bitch to get and cost a bit on the secondary market afterward. 

Everyone's opinion of mark-ups being fair is different though.  I think this Stormtrooper oddly won't fall into the fair realm from my POV.  I'm hearing the lines to get him are pretty insane by even SDCC standards.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2015, 11:27 AM »
Public Service Announcement/Reminder -

Hasbro's 2015 San Diego Comic-Con exclusives will be live on HasbroToyShop.com tomorrow, July 28, 2015!

There is no start time listed, so if you want a chance at the 2015 SDCC exclusives from Hasbro Toy Shop, jump on early tomorrow and be ready to wear out your F5 key!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender