Community > JD Sports Forum!

NHL Offseason 2015

(1/7) > >>

Jeff:
Blackhawks win, their fans celebrate.  For the other 29 teams and their fans...  the draft is just 8 days away!   :P

I'm ready to see how the summer plays out for the Wild. 

Do we resign Dubnyk?  What about our other two goalie trainwrecks?  Do we trade someone to open up cap space?  Do we trade any RFAs (Granlund, Haula) because we can't sign them?

Looks like our first move may have happened today - Matt Cooke placed on waivers; buyout next?  I guess the Pens can go ahead and have him back, Jesse.  :D

Not what I was expecting to be our first salary cap move of the off-season.  I guess there wasn't a good trade market for him... can't say I'm surprised about that. 

I liked most of what Cooke brought to the Wild the past couple years (intensity, corner work, PK), but at the same time there were too many flashes of the "old" Matt Cooke.  Questionable high hits and of course the knee-on-knee on Barrie in 2014 playoffs.  Add in the injuries of last Spring and I can't say I'll miss him too much.

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: Morgbug on March 18, 2015, 12:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jeff on March 17, 2015, 10:59 PM ---I'm afraid this thread is just going to devolve into the "Jeff tries to keep his expectations in check" thread these next three weeks...

#mnwild #dubnyk4vezina #dubnyk4hart #suter4norris #brodin4ladybyng #koivu4selke #parise4messier

--- End quote ---

Ok, now you've become delusional.  Dubnyk is playing very, very well.  But the wheels may fall off sooner than you'd like.  It may not be until next year, but the Vezina and Hart trophies are year long trophies, not last third of the season stuff.  Even still, I'd say Price is ahead in both. 

--- End quote ---

How about that.  Plus the Ted Lindsay.  And the Jennings. 

What I said I said not because Dubnyk wasn't stellar, I said it as much because Price was having a better season for a longer period of time plus I think the Wild overall are a better hockey team than the Canadiens.  Better balance front to back, better mix of age and youth, probably better management at the moment and less headache-y players too.  So I think Price had less to work with maybe. 

I Am Sith:
I've finally come off the high of the last week and the joy of a third Cup in my lifetime.  I have been blessed to be a fan of Chicago teams that have won Championships in every sport that I care about.  Bear, Bulls, White Sox and Blackhawks.  My wife is the only one in the house that is still holding out hope that this year will bring her Cubs a World Series.  I will support her in her misery later this year when that doesn't come to fruition... Again...

Now the focus goes from the joy of seeing them win, to the heartbreak of who will be leaving the team to make Cap space.  I just really hope that they can keep the Saadfather for many more years to come.  He has definitely emerged as one of my favorites on the team.  And I was glad to see TVR make it back from the patella injury.  He started off having a great season and it was too bad he got sidelined for as long as he did.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that Sharp and Oduya are gone (assuming Oduya recovers from elbow surgery and someone takes him) and wouldn't be surprised if Bickell is no longer on the bench come the season opener.  I'd like to see them try to get something done for Vermette but I'm not going to hold my breath.  I think that Richards would likely resign for more than last season but it's just a matter of whether they want to pay him or use the money elsewhere.

Going to be an interesting off season for sure!

Morgbug:
I'm kinda feeling Bickell will be on your bench come September.  Exactly what would you move him for?  Of course with the obvious relationship between the Hawks and Jets management, we might end up with him  ::)

Sharp gone for sure.  Oduya's return will be small.  Think you'll lose some other pieces too, especially if you're keeping Saad. 

Jesse James:
Lotta teams after Saad, including his hometown.  :-X  One of the few I think we'd give up big for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version