Author Topic: 2015 Hasbro 6" Fans' Choice Poll Discussion  (Read 19947 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2015 Hasbro 6" Fans' Choice Poll Discussion
« Reply #60 on: July 6, 2015, 12:31 PM »
Someone sent me a link to the Rebelscum top five (posted in their poll comments):

Ahsoka (The Clone Wars) Season 3 outfit
Darth Revan
Mara Jade
Assaj Ventress (The Clone Wars)
Emperor's Royal Guard

More support for Mara and Asajj, no Sabine... #fortheconspiracytheorists  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 6, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Interesting conversation and analysis.  I took a very different approach on my list and I'm glad Sabine is an option.  In some ways it will be curious to see if the Fanboy/Fangirl divide is that pronounced.  Sabine definitely has some momentum as she has gained six percent in less than 24 hours.  My guess is that she is the only one that can knock off Revan at this point.  Since the 3.75 figure left people wondering about the non removable helmet, I am down for her to get the 6 inch treatment, 

Is there a noticeable campaign for her now? 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 6, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Take it for what it's worth, but the only two Rebels Disney characters walking around at SW Weekends were Ezra and Sabine.  With a fairly limited group of core characters (Anakin, Rex, Ahsoka, Cody, Jawas, Clone Troopers, Stormtroopers, Fett, Vader, Greedo, Chewie, OT Imperials), I was a little surprised to see her in the mix.  I'd love for Sabine to make the final cut, but only if they're going to do the rest of the crew.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 6, 2015, 09:19 PM »
Here are the standings as of this evening:

Darth Revan - 40 %
Sabine Wren - 24%
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi - 11%
General Grievous - 9 %
Lando Calrissian - 6%
Snowtrooper - 6%
Gamorrean Guard - 4%

It looks like Revan is running away with this one.  And I think that the inclusion of Sabine as an administrative add by SW.com or Hasbro is fine.  Lots of people in forums want something to gripe about, and no doubt the inclusion of Sabine will be their issue here.  But I think that keeping things current with a character who's fairly popular in the current entertainment offerings is a positive thing for the Star Wars license overall.  As for Revan?  He's not so current, except for how the character was incorporated into the online game THE OLD REPUBLIC

I said back around the previous Fan's Choice Poll where Revan won and was made in the 30AC line that Darth Revan has a lot of support from the gaming generation.  They're not as well represented in online collecting communities like JD or RS, but they are out there and that community has greater numbers than the OT generation realizes.  And this may be coming into play again now in the current poll.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 7, 2015, 02:17 PM »
Interesting conversation and analysis.  I took a very different approach on my list and I'm glad Sabine is an option.  In some ways it will be curious to see if the Fanboy/Fangirl divide is that pronounced.  Sabine definitely has some momentum as she has gained six percent in less than 24 hours.  My guess is that she is the only one that can knock off Revan at this point.  Since the 3.75 figure left people wondering about the non removable helmet, I am down for her to get the 6 inch treatment, 

Is there a noticeable campaign for her now?

I saw Dave Filoni tweet his support for Sabine.  Not a surprise there though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 7, 2015, 04:38 PM »
The way things are going, they should either require that the winner have a clear majority (as opposed to a plurality) and/or break it down to a Final Two run-off between Sabine and Revan. 'Cause right now it looks like 51% plus of the responders want someone OTHER than Revan. Hard to call that a winning choice. I would have thrown my vote towards Sabine if I had known she was the only one with a prayer of beating him.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 7, 2015, 04:51 PM »
I smell shenanigans on the voting, which is par for the course with this kind of thing.  Does Revan even still exist following the Disney EU revisions?  Conspiracy theorists would note that Sabine as a close second gives Hasbro justification for not making her, while still addressing the fan desire for strong female characters.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: July 7, 2015, 05:58 PM »
I dunno, I don't see anything wrong with this like everyone else does...  Revan's popular among collectors IMO, and he has a pretty big following among maybe more casual collectors too I think.  There's a reason his figure has maintained a steady hefty price beyond him not being the most common figure on the pegs.  He wasn't IMPOSSIBLE to find though back in '07 though.  I saw him more than once I know and my toy runs were kind of random, not nightly things.  So I dunno.

This is what it is I think.

Regarding a character "existing", LFL/Disney hasn't said the old EU no longer exists.  They just say it isn't canon (which is funny and a whole other topic).  You can't make an idea disappear I guess is my point, and they know that.  Half the existing EU is being integrated into the Disney EU even...  It's not like they're ignoring all of it.  They're just going to ignore it when it's needed to make money off their billion dollar purchase.

Hasbro said vote for anything but TFA, and so people did.  Revan falls into that.

I'm not championing Revan here...  He means nothing to me really as I didn't really clamor for him before either, or Bastilla.  I just wanted the droid from the game really (and got him).  I think the Gammie would be a cooler looking 6" figure, myself, especially with a fuzzy belt thing again.  3.75" was great, so 6" would be equal to that or better.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2015, 04:47 PM »
No surprise, Revan is your winner.

Also, no surprise, Sabine (the "it's weird how she made the final 7 choices instead of Asajj or Mara" candidate) is your "bonus" winner from the poll.   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2015, 04:50 PM »
And to all who voted for Jango, lolz.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2015, 04:59 PM »

I can get why they voted though... never assume anything.  I mean, we had pictures of the second Utai displayed... maybe even the actual figure on display and we never got him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Yeah I say vote with your heart, it's just funny for me. :)  Same with Sabine really...  She's apparently been on the way, so had we known that, people could've gotten behind something else ya know?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2015, 06:14 PM »

I can get why they voted though... never assume anything.  I mean, we had pictures of the second Utai displayed... maybe even the actual figure on display and we never got him.

I voted for Jango. And like P- Siddy said, nothing is guaranteed.  And that second Utai is definitely a sore point. It's one of the few instances where Hasbro showed a product to the public and it was never released. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Now that Sabine is on the way, I'm left wondering what version will they do of her: Season 1 hair and armor or Season 2 hair and armor?  I forgot about that change and looked it up and really hope they go with Season 1.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2015, 07:38 PM »
We'll almost certainly see both, given how carry forwards are a huge part of the line. A running change ala the sand trooper is likely I think.