Author Topic: I've done it, I've finally done it!!  (Read 1761 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
I've done it, I've finally done it!!
« on: August 17, 2003, 09:21 PM »
I've made my husband in to a Master Of The Toy Section!!

All these years of silently following me around toys isles, watching me dig through toys I had no interest in to see if anything was hidden, harassing clerks with scanner guns to look up UPC's to see what's in stock, casually pretending I'm looking at stuff nearby and then snapping up the item when the child/parent/employee puts it down - my husband has finally mastered the tricks of the hunt.

He came home today with toys I had been searching for and a tale that almost bought tears to my eyes. ;)

When he didn't find the toys on the list I gave him at one of his many pit stops from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to the New Jersey shoreline, he recalled some of the things I normally did and set about doing the same thing.  He sent my son to scour other sections as he tackled the Barbie isle.  Not only did my son come back carrying the Helms Deep 5-pack that was stashed above some type of infant toys, he scored the elusive Eoywn figure hidden backwards in the "girl" toy isle.

And then he says that they put their gear in the trunk and the toys on the back set, so they wouldn't get smushed or anything.  What a guy!!

I'm so proud of what I created.....the last one has now completed the test.  All four of us are now certified MOTTS!!
Beth

Offline Membraneman

• Jedi Initiate
  • Me, Me, Me !!!
    • View Profile
Re: I've done it, I've finally done it!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 09:27 PM »
Right on Beth!!  ;D  You finally trained him... :o
I FIND, YOU FIND, WE TRADE

Bob Newton
Membraneman
BHC Administrator
bob@galactichunter.com

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 10:14 PM »
I did similar to my best friend Matt. When he found somthing I couldnt at KB, my exact response was:

"You have been well trained, my young aprentise."

It was great. He still refuses to come to the register with me for fear he might be seen with some one buying *gasp* toys.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 10:37 PM »
Alas, I've not had the same good fortune.  

Mrs. Bug still rolls her eyes at the thought of more toys showing up in the house.  I do believe if I ever finish the shelved in the computer room and put everything out, she may well have a coronary.  

But bless her, she's trying.  Out for a jaunt to the US she grabbed a bunch of stuff for the kid and snagged me a clearance SW figure at $2.99.  It was just a Dexter, but hey, she made an effort, so there may yet be hope.

My plan of decorating her office with toys seems to be working.  Mwah ahahahahaha.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 10:44 PM »
Your spouses sound like I used to be and look at me now.  I am hooked and I *have* to admit it.  Yet, I do not know a lot about vintage, POTF, ROTJ, etc., I am learning and trying.  That's what counts.

I, too, used to bring home figures that Chris had and he would thank me, probably swear behind my back that it was the wrong one, but would always be thankful.  
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 10:48 PM »
I, too, used to bring home figures that Chris had and he would thank me, probably swear behind my back that it was the wrong one, but would always be thankful.  

Honey, everything you've ever brought home to me would always put a huge smile on my face.  I'm just very honored that you take part in my collecting of Star Wars toys, and it's even better and more satisfying to me that you are having FUN in doing so.  It's really not just my collection... but OUR collection.   ;D
dustrho

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 10:52 PM »
Awww..I know you are thankful.  :-*
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 11:15 PM »

Honey, everything you've ever brought home to me would always put a huge smile on my face.  I'm just very honored that you take part in my collecting of Star Wars toys, and it's even better and more satisfying to me that you are having FUN in doing so.  It's really not just my collection... but OUR collection.   ;D

Aside from the really sappy angle in there :-* :P, I believe Chris.  Even if I had 18 Dexter's, I be darn pleased to have one more.  You can be sure I won't be getting rid of this one.  If only because it is a sign of weakening. 8)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.