Author Topic: TFA 6" Scale First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter  (Read 21339 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TFA 6" Scale First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
« on: July 10, 2015, 04:43 PM »
Time to start a thread with a pic from the booth:

We'll have more pics later tonight most likely.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:12 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 6" Scale First Order TIE Fighter
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 04:47 PM »
Why is the first order TIE shooting at the stormtroopers?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 04:50 PM »
Part of the trailer...  They even got my favorite new background guy, Stormtrooper flying through the air.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 04:58 PM »
looks amazing
I can't imagine the box for it tho

Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 05:01 PM »
I can't imagine the bitching about the box's condition for it.  >:D

Regarding the box though it'll be no bigger than BMF right?  If it breaks down that is.  I mentioned it on twitter but TIE's are deceptively big (always said it about the 4" TIE's too) that they're mostly air when you think about it.

Could see wings popping off and it fitting in a pretty thin box.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 09:11 PM »
Hasbro Press Info:

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES FIRST ORDER SPECIAL FORCES TIE FIGHTER 6-Inch Scale Vehicle
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $169.99/Available: Fall 2015)
The largest vehicle ever produced by Hasbro for STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES, this incredibly detailed Star Wars: The Force Awakens vehicle features movie-accurate wings and cockpit! The FIRST ORDER SPECIAL FORCES TIE FIGHTER is scaled to the 6-inch STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES figures and comes with an exclusive 6-inch FIRST ORDER TIE FIGHTER PILOT ELITE to steer the starfighter into battle. Other figures sold separately.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:35 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 6" Scale First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 10:39 PM »
I just want the diorama with the First Order Stormtrooper flying through the air.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 10:42 PM »
He survives, and is a Rebel spy, and he knew Yoda...  His Dad hung out with Han Solo...  #StarWarsEULogic

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 10:52 PM »
Alright, anyone seriously considering plunking down $185 or so with tax for this?! 

I don't even know where I'd be able to put it if I did think the price was reasonable...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 11:11 PM »
He survives, and is a Rebel spy, and he knew Yoda...  His Dad hung out with Han Solo...  #StarWarsEULogic

He also has Willrow Hood autographed ice cream recipes as well.  Truth.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 11:40 PM »
Alright, anyone seriously considering plunking down $185 or so with tax for this?! 

I don't even know where I'd be able to put it if I did think the price was reasonable...

I sure want to
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:08 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 09:39 AM »
Look at the size of that thing!

Someone had to say it.

It's really impressive to look at.  And I appreciate that Hasbro is trying to keep the vehicle tradition going in the 6" figure scale.  As for how this thing will get rolled out to retail, I imagine the wings are going to have to come off.  Otherwise it's going to take up an enormous amount of shelf space at retail.  And the pilot is being offered exclusively as a pack-in figure?   Aaaarrggghhh
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:40 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 05:32 PM »

I'd drop the cash in a heartbeat.  Although I have your same concern.  Where the heck would I put this?

As a result, I'm really unsure if I'm going to get this thing.

I'd much rather have a landspeeder than one of these, just because of the massive size.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 07:05 PM »

I am not a 6" collector, however...  If I were, I would want one of these.  Would I drop that kind of coin on it though?  Well, I have a few thoughts on that.

First, I paid $159.99 for an Acid Rain toy and will be doing so again shortly when the other deco (of the same toy) is back in stock.  So, am I willing to pay that much?  Obviously I'm in that ballpark.

However, I have to REALLY like the toy.  That said, I say if I were a 6" collector I think I'd consider it.  However as a mass release toy, I'd also be tempted to play the waiting game because I always felt whatever it's real value is will be determined by the masses.  If you want it bad enough, and want to pay full price, I think you should.  People did with the BMF, the AT-TE...  I got my BMF for under $60 though, and I got only one full priced AT-TE.  Any other BM ship I got was WAY discounted though.  I believe under $30 for my MTT and Turbo Tank (God, that name), and I think damn near $10 on that Republic shuttle.  I mean, that thing was basement price.  I also got 2 AT-TE's for $50 or less.  I'd have bought more if I could've found them.

Of all those, I only truly wanted the AT-TE and even I was like, "meh, I want more of them but I'm cheap so I'll see how tihs goes".  So the Acid Rain comparison is difficult I guess, is what I'm saying, but it says "yes I will spend a lot if I like something enough".

What would I personally do with that TIE?  I'd go hanging from the ceiling.  Just my take.  I have 1/18 warplanes on the ceiling, and they're massive.  I mean, you'd be amazed how close my Avenger is to that TIE, I guarantee it.  Speaking of wingspan at least.  And I'd dare say the fuselage is a hell of a lot more plastic than the cockpit of that TIE.  And that's one of at least 8 hanging in half my collection room.  So I can see something like that I guess.

I think the 1/6 TIE Sideshow may or may not be selling (I couldn't tell by the news) is absolute insanity though.  I mean, Hasbro compromised on theirs some.  Sideshow, didn't.  Not a slight, just a fact.  That's insane.  Hell, that Falcon cockpit is 0 compromising on scale, and it's HUGE.  Just huge.  Those things are absurd, and I'm honestly debating that Falcon and a Han/Chewie for it now.   :-[  I wasn't gonna get Han/Chewie, till that cockpit got shown.  Now...  well, I need another car though, so who knows?

I'm wondering what the packaging will look like on this.  I really want to see how they go about it.  I can only imagine the ship will be broken down, at least somewhat.  It may not make a nice presentation that way though.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 02:05 AM »
I have no idea on Earth where I'd put one of these, but I still want one. It's so cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."