Author Topic: TFA 6" Scale First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter  (Read 21320 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 6" Scale First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Maybe it'll be under produced or more likely under distributed. I could see Target/TRU/etc. being super wary of buying these in quantity.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:08 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 09:30 PM »
I'll admit that it does look pretty cool, and I have been collecting the OT 6" stuff so far and planned to pick up the Force Awakens as well.  But the price (and space it will take up) might keep me away.  It really depends on what the rest of the line looks like, and we just don't know at this point.  If there is little to nothing out for 3 3/4" (or it isn't something I'm interested) I might be able to justify this.  But again, there's the space issue.  Looks cool though.  I kind of dig the designs from this movie that we've seen so far.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Screw it, I'll find a place in the man-cave for this thing somewhere. I am tempted to wait for some kind of Black Friday/Amazon Lightning deal type thing to save a few bucks though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 09:40 PM »
I'd be tempted to try and make room for it, if it was an OT TIE. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 11:02 PM »
I'd be tempted to try and make room for it, if it was an OT TIE.

Still cool
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:09 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 10:46 AM »
The only way I would have one of these is if JediDefender had a contest for one and I won.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 11:22 AM »
I could see Target/TRU/etc. being super wary of buying these in quantity.

I was wondering about that over the weekend - depending on the size of the box, I can't imagine more than 1-2 of these at a store.  Especially if the rumors of other large vehicles for Ep7 (SW7 3.75 Hero Vehicle 129.99; SW7 3.75 Class III Vehicle 49.99; SW7 Villian Starfighter w/Pilot 49.99; SW7 Millenium Falcon 119.99) turn out to be true.  Could be a lot of big things to choose from when the Fall gets here.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2015, 02:12 PM »
I'm definitely interested in buying one, but I need to decide whether or not I'm collecting TFA stuff first. I feel like this is something we would need to support if we ever want any OT vehicles like this (although I'd rather have smaller stuff like a Skiff, Landspeeder or Dewback)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 05:06 PM »
Put me in the Love it, Got no room for it crowd.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 10:41 AM »
Special Forces TIE Fighter Limited on Force Friday?

So is that an effort to help motivate people to buy NOW versus waiting for a sale/clearance if there is a chance it'll be limited at the start?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 11:11 AM »
Seems like an effort to make me keep it in the box for 3 months so it can be easily returned if/when these get price-reduced or hit clearance.  ;)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 08:03 PM »
By "limited release" do they mean it's one of the limited number of items that they're actually producing for the launch date?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 10:14 AM »
6" Black Series Special Forces TIE Fighter Landing at TRU

So glad they put this up on their website promptly so I could get the SKU # and call around instead of having to drive to every store in the metro area fruitlessly.

Oh wait, they DIDN'T do that.  ::)

Thanks, weakeners...

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 2, 2015, 06:27 PM »
Found one at the Clovis, California Toys R Us this afternoon ;D  Price was $169.99 + tax.  With California's high sales tax, it came out to a little over $183.  For those of you looking for this item, the item barcode is: 3050941288.  The SKU #, per my receipt is, 285603.

Overall, this thing is massive, highly detailed, and way cool.  I've included a number of photos and review below.

Boxed Item (Front)

Boxed Item (Rear)

Box/Item Barcode

Box Contents

Overall, not that many parts and assembly is a breeze with just snapping in the wings and inserting the antennas, hatch, and guns.  It should come apart pretty easily as well, meaning that if I get tired of it, I can put it back in the box.

Once assembled, this thing is gigantic!  You can see the 6" pilot figure for scale.  In the background, you can see how this compares to 1:18 scale and 1:6 scale items.  That's the 21st Century Toys 1:6 scale radio controlled M-5 Stuart tank in the background, being dwarfed by the TIE Fighter :o  Its a little wobbly when sitting on the wings, but is overall rather sturdy and does not seem to have used as rubbery of plastic as on the smaller Class III vehicles.  I can see some bending occurring with the wings the longer the item sits on them, though, which means you may want to hang it.  This will definitely look spectacular in hanging in flight!  The paint detailing is good and they even added some weathering.

Comparison shot with the 3 3/4" Class III toy of the First Order TIE Fighter

The interior is my favorite part of the model.  Probably one of the most detailed cockpits we've ever gotten on a Star Wars toy.  Lots of controls, levers, buttons, screens are intricately detailed and painted.

Cockpit Overhead View

Pilot's Station Interior Details

Gunner's Station Interior Details

The figure itself is pretty decent.  I like the red markings on the helmet.  It comes with a sidearm, but no holster to attach it.  I hope Hasbro eventually releases a single-boxed version of the TFA TIE Pilot so I can have the ship properly crewed.  But for now, the OT TIE Pilot will work well enough as the gunner

Its a little tricky getting the pilot figure into his seat, if anything due to its utility belt.  The headrest is removable (or at least I was able to easily remove it) making placement of the figure easier.  Would have been nice if the whole seat apparatus lifted out to put the figure on it, like on the recent 3 3/4" scale TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber.  It was a little easier to get the figure into the gunner's station.

Pilot in seat (minus headrest part)

Fully crewed ship using an OT TIE Pilot figure

Overall, I'm very, very pleased with the Black Series 6" scale First Order Elite TIE Fighter.  Its simply an incredible ship and its awesome to see a Star Wars vehicle replicated on such large scale.  Its proof to me that Hasbro will still take on "big ticket" items, but it also has me thinking about future vehicles in the 6" scale...  I have a good feeling we may see a TFA X-Wing sometime down the road as after all the TIE needs an adversary.  Then what about other ships?  If they did the TFA TIE Fighter, why not an OT TIE Fighter or X-Wing?  Heck, the A-Wing, Snowspeeder, Luke's Landspeeder, TIE Interceptor are all "small" enough to be feasible in the 6" scale now - even some of the slightly larger ships like the Y-Wing and B-Wing.  Lots of possibilities. 

Still, if you have the cash to get this ship, don't miss out! 

« Last Edit: October 2, 2015, 07:24 PM by tmanthegreat »
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D