Author Topic: TFA 6" Scale First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter  (Read 21261 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 6" Scale First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter
« Reply #30 on: October 4, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Great pics and review - thanks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 4, 2015, 11:30 AM »
Seconded. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 5, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Thanks for posting.  I really like the comparison shot with the 3 3/4" ship to see just how big it is.

I'm still really torn on this item.  I like the concept of big ships, but this seems too big to manage without hanging it from the ceiling someplace.   

I think I would have much preferred to see a Landspeeder in this scale first.

Kudos to Hasbro, but I'm still in a wait and see mode with this one.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 5, 2015, 04:42 PM »
Thanks guys and not a problem on posting a detailed product review.  That's what these forums are for :) I'm still getting used to the size of the thing, taking up about 3 square feet of my study's floor space. I may eventually hang it, but it will need to be from a secure attachment, not just an eye-hook screwed into the drywall.  The box shows the TIE is the first in what is likely going to be a series of TFA vehicles for the 6" figures, so my interest is piqued now about what else will be revealed in the coming months...  This could get really interesting!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 12:10 AM »
So cool.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:23 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 08:30 AM »
Curious to know if anyone other tmanthegreat, myself and I believe one other person who posted they bought one on jd, have picked this up? Wondering what the likelihood we get #2 in the series is.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 09:34 AM »
Curious to know if anyone other tmanthegreat, myself and I believe one other person who posted they bought one on jd, have picked this up? Wondering what the likelihood we get #2 in the series is.

I picked this up on Monday at my local TRU (I had 20 dollars in Rewards dollars and a 10 dollar gift card, so it took some of the sticker shock away), and I'm pretty happy with it.  It's definitely large and impressive, to say the least, and I don't regret buying it at all.  I really can't add more to the reviews that tmanthegreat's, well, great photographs have already shown other than to say the cockpit is really the highlight of the ship.  Hasbro went above and beyond with the details inside the cockpit and didn't cut any corners there. 

The wings themselves are sturdy, although I'm a little concerned about the fact that the "tires" don't sit flush against the wings themselves (there's a tiny gap on mine; is it like this on everyone's?).  The wings are also "permanently" attached, but only do so with two clips inside the "tires" on the pylons from the cockpit/ball assembly, so it still makes the wings a bit wobbly, although when it's standing up (especially on carpet), this doesn't really affect the stability much.  As for taking up space, I have Queen Amidala's Royal Starship sitting in the (carpeted) floor of my collection room and the TIE straddles it perfectly with just enough clearance to not hit the RS's roof, so it took up less floor space than I feared. :)

The trickiest part of the whole assembly is getting the TIE Pilot into the cockpit.  You have to basically bend his knees completely backward (at both double joints like this < ) with his feet still pointing forward so he will fit well.  It also helps if you raise his arms while doing so and adjust them last.  Make sure you clip the waist clip above the belt since his pouches get in the way otherwise.  I also can't find a space to store his blaster pistol inside the ship, so you'll probably want to keep that somewhere else separately.

Overall, despite some minor quibbles, it's an impressive piece, and well worth picking up.  I hope the wave with the single packed TIE Pilot shows up in decent numbers at retail so I can find an extra gunner to stick in the co-pilot seat.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 02:58 PM »
Since finding the one I bought, I've not seen anymore at the two Toys R Us stores in my immediate area.  When I purchased it, there was only the one there, meaning that was the one they put out or people had already snagged the others.  A friend of mine in Pennsylvania told me yesterday his local TRU has three of them, so obviously they are getting distribution.  I would suspect each store would get 4-6 of them.  However, its hard to say how rare or common the TIEs will turn out to be.  If they're not out all over just yet, I suspect we'll see more as the movie - and holiday season - approach.  And I really hope to see more full-sized ships and vehicles in the 6" line.  The "01" on the TIE fighter's box had better not stand for the "one and only" full-size ship ever made in that scale! 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 3, 2015, 12:46 PM »
Anyone got the DPCI # for this thing?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #39 on: November 3, 2015, 02:50 PM »
087-06-3673
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 3, 2015, 05:45 PM »
Thanks! I am hoping to pick one up at Target with that 25% off coupon...too good a deal to pass up.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 4, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Thanks! I am hoping to pick one up at Target with that 25% off coupon...too good a deal to pass up.

Available online now with store pick-up!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 5, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Saw one yesterday at Target for $169.99.  Takes up a lot of shelf space there!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 5, 2015, 04:01 PM »
That's a pretty sweet deal!  Getting that TIE for $127 and change takes a lot of the sting out. 

TRU currently has that 20% off deal, but it only applies to the 3.75" scale figures and vehicles.  Still, if you want to get the new Millennium Falcon that 20% off deal will help there.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 6, 2015, 02:06 PM »
I grabbed one of these at Target today and got $42.50 off with the coupon - not too shabby. Already got my money back from Gamestop for the first one I got.