Author Topic: The Force Awakens Toy Line - Rumors and Speculation  (Read 36432 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Force Awakens Toy Line - Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #45 on: May 1, 2015, 09:52 AM »
This has probably been mentioned here somewhere already, but there are some books with tie-ins to The Force Awakens set for release on Friday, September 4. Maybe that's the day the toys will launch as well?

Yeah, Labor Day weekend was mentioned a number of times at UK Toy Fair for the Ep7 LEGO sets as well, so it seems pretty likely that's the target for the floodgates to open for everything.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: May 3, 2015, 09:01 PM »
there are some books with tie-ins to The Force Awakens set for release on Friday, September 4. Maybe that's the day the toys will launch as well?
Yeah, Labor Day weekend was mentioned a number of times at UK Toy Fair for the Ep7 LEGO sets as well, so it seems pretty likely that's the target for the floodgates to open for everything.

So, yeah - It's September 4th, officially.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #47 on: May 3, 2015, 09:22 PM »
So that's when it's hitting the streets.  Should be a good preview at SDCC.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 3, 2015, 10:05 PM »
Holy crap, that is a HUGE window between the product launch and the movie release. And all I'm really interested in so far is the Aftermath book.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 4, 2015, 11:02 AM »
It is a huge window, but think about it, the product was originally scheduled to be out already since episode 7's initial release date was this month. It's all sitting around somewhere ready to go.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
The Force Awakens 6" Figure Rumors (SPOILERS)
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2015, 09:22 PM »
Rumored List of TFA Toys Leaked

Looks like we're getting a Black Series Starfighter at the low price of $170...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Force Awakens 6" Figure Rumors (SPOILERS)
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2015, 09:59 PM »
It was nice of JTA to mention that the entire list is coded in an effort to prevent spoilers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2015, 04:25 PM »
I was somewhat dismayed by something at my local TRU store yesterday.  There was plenty of REBELS/SAGA LEGENDS stock.  Both the Mission Series and single basic figures were there.  And there was also some TBS 6" stock on hand.  But with the current way the stock is merchandised there was not even a SINGLE PEG or FIGURE for the TBS 3.75" basic figure line.  I know that there has been some rumor-mongering going around that the collector oriented 3.75" basic figure lines days are numbered.  Signs like this are making me increasingly concerned that this might be on the verge of happening.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2015, 04:41 PM »
I would hope that after nearly 40 years, they wouldn't give up on the 3.75" line.  But if they do, it's been a good run....it's just a shame that there won't be any TFA figures in my collection.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2015, 04:49 PM »
I agree Matt.  I will custom up some but if there's not a quality line, it will have been a nice run but ending with a feelin that it sort of got pissed away at the end.  5poa won't cut it for anything but fodder to make better figures. 

At the same time, customs will be my collecting then, and I have tons of other fun things to spend on. :)

Bittersweet ending though if it pans out that way.  Still, I think it may live on even as exclusives maybe.  I have a little hope left.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2015, 07:15 PM »
Isn't it kind of funny how we were happy with 5 POA up until the SA Clone in the Saga line?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2015, 08:17 PM »
I can 100% attest that I wasn't haha.  I always wanted articulation. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2015, 09:36 PM »
I will be disappointed with the de-evolution of the figures if that's where we go but I will NEVER be done buying. Less collecting competition I guess.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2015, 10:18 PM »
I can 100% attest that I wasn't haha.  I always wanted articulation. :)

I was glad that they were able to give us good articulation along with good sculpts, but did not go the route of the vintage GI Joe 4" figures.  The metal elbow joints would never have been good in Star Wars.

I will be disappointed with the de-evolution of the figures if that's where we go but I will NEVER be done buying. Less collecting competition I guess.

I like your look at it, Nick, but it would be too much of a step back for me.  I'll just be buying Star Wars toys for my sons if they de-evolve the 4" figures like that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2015, 10:20 PM »
B&M aren't really stocking those and it doesn't pay to try to luck out on 1 figure (or 4 of the same character) on the pegs at Targets.  TRU hasn't been restocking 3.75" stuff  lately in my area.  6" has been better at Wal-Mart, but they don't have 3.75" at all.  In regards to MS/SL/Rebels, the pegs are stocked but product isn't moving.  That's why I bought the last few TBS figures of the line online before TFA stuff hits.  I might never find it in store... I had more faith in finding the 6" Boushh and Iggy in the stores but when Amazon had them for $16, I pulled the trigger.

I want better articulated figures... I guess I was spoiled for the past 10+ years.  To see the route of going back to 5 PoA could possibly be the future, then I'm out.  Even 5 points was supposed to make it cheaper for everyone, but the prices are getting up to where TBS figures were a year ago. *shrugs*  So they aren't really a deal in my opinion if I were interested.  Plus, if I wanted 5 PoA, I'd just pull out the vintage Kenner figures.  I guess I hope that Hasbro continues to put out wanted super-articulated figures and not just the usual rehashes of Vader, Fett, and Obi-Wan.  Bring on the Tonnikas, Tvizzzit and other cantina denizens and Jabba's Palace goons and Imperial Dignitaries. 

That said, I think I'm refraining from TFA figures.  Space issues is one thing, money is another... plus, I'm thinking that these are going to be Disney's World of Star Wars now and not necessarily Lucas'.  I may pick up a couple if the figure is cool looking, and as long as there's more than 5 points of articulation to them.  But I have never bought something Star Wars just because it's got the logo on it.

Less collecting competition I guess.

True.  But you'd have to have Jeff, Jayson, Dave, Justin and some other guys that live in the Twin Cities give up collecting and I don't see that happening with them.