Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Windows 10 ISO available

(1/3) > >>

Phrubruh:
Microsoft has released a tool for downloading and setting up the windows 10 iso on a flash drive. I guess it will also install windows 10 on any Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 machine.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4909/microsoft-delivers-windows-10-on-iso

Diddly:
Is Windows 10 worth downloading? I stopped keeping up with software after I graduated college and couldn't get it for free anymore.

BillCable:
What are you running now?

The initial reports I read were that the first release is a bit buggy.  You have 1 year to download it for free.  I'm gonna wait a bit until it's patched, and my employer confirms I can use it to remote in to work.

Phrubruh:
Considering it has been released to 190 countries, the deployment is running really well. I haven't experience any problems with the in place upgrade.  There are some huge benefits to upgrading from 7 or 8 to this. Start menu back. Multiple desktops. New notification system. Cortana search (like Siri for desktop). Camera login. The new Edge browser. It's free for everyone on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.

Rob:
I just bought a new computer and it came with 8.1, so I can't wait to upgrade.  I've been using Classic Shell in the meantime, which helped, but I learned that 8 is as ****** as everyone says.

So with that in mind, I couldn't wait to upgrade - I downloaded 10 this morning, it was running the upgrade when I left for work.  I didn't have to mess with downloading an ISO or anything like that, it just gave me the message this morning that it was ready to go whenever I was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version