Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 142613 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2016, 02:45 PM »
I'll fill next week with the finale of Vinyl, then it's Game of Thrones in all its glory until summer.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2016, 03:30 PM »
I'm not watching.  Season 1 was dreadful.

My wife keeps asking why we don't give FtWD a try.  They hit you with so many previews during TWD, and it seems interesting from the previews.  But then I tell her that I have yet to hear anyone say its not a complete waste of time.

Its like a train wreck to fill the void on Sunday night.

So true! I kinda love to hate it. I think the general idea and narrative framework of the show are solid, it's just the way pretty much all of the characters are written.

PREACHER looks promising though...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2016, 08:07 PM »
Gotta agree.  I'm watching because I'm hoping some of these people get killed.  Many of them are too stupid to really be alive at this point.  When the addict is the smartest of the bunch it ain't sayin' a lot about you. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2016, 08:49 PM »
Couldn't sit through the premiere...  This is just bad.  Very very bad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2016, 10:39 PM »
I enjoyed it thoroughly. No, wait...I meant barely.

A-holes acting stupid on a yacht that for some reason stops moving so idiots can jump in the water near a shot-up boat that was probably sunk by the military (would anything else make sense this early in the poccy lips?) It's not that the coast guard can't save anyone, it's probably they've been ordered not to. The military still thinks this is something to contain.

Which reminds me that Los Angeles is burning because "our heroes" decided to release a zombie horde on the army's command post. 

There's also how come the undead are fleeing the bombings and fires...oh, they say because they aren't as decayed or  mindless or something yet. Sure...change the rules and pretend that's how it's always been.

Strand, the junkie and Cliff Curtis can live, the rest can sleep with the fishes.

Oh, and if The Talking Dead occasionally got tedious and dull after the Walking Dead, now it's pure snoozefest.
"They learn that the floating fortress isn't safe" -Producer
 "I had scene fighting a zombie that was cut". -Curtis
"I'm Hozier" - Hozier
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:39 PM by Scockery »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2016, 11:54 PM »
I still enjoy the show...but you have to watch it with the filter of these people barely have a clue as to what is going on.  That would esplain why Chris is still upset that Travis shot his mother (even though she practically begged him to in the season finale)...he doesn't understand that a zombie bite is fatal.

The daughter is this show's Lori.  She has put the Abigale in so much danger...honestly someone should slap Travis across the face for suggesting she listen to the radio to try and find a safe haven and not explicitly instruct her to leave the mic the hell alone!  The entire time she's using that thing I'm just saying, "they're triangulating your position which each broadcast".

Being on the Abigal is a short term solution at best anyway.  They're going to need fuel soon as well as other supplies.  trust me, these folks are going to go ape**** the second they run out of toilet paper....they just don't have any survival instincts yet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2016, 01:19 AM »
I actually can buy the "early zombies do different stuff" because there was some element of that in TWD...  Remember Morgan's wife coming every night at Dusk to get in, then there's the zombies sitting down at places like church, or the diner in Rick's town... and they went dormant then because nothing disturbed them for what I assume is a very long time.

I can buy that.  It's even kinda neat.

What I hate is just how unlikable so many of these main people are...  Short of Travis (and he's a stretch to like), the black guy that owns the boat, and the spanish barber, I'm at a loss.  I'd just want to send the rest of them on sure and zip off to Alcatraz I think.

I'm just not enjoying this remotely as much as TWD, and TWD has had real ugh moments at times.  I can't watch this show without getting bored though, even in the action-y moments.  I can't even be bothered to remember anyone but Travis' name.  I don't even know why I remember his name, come to think of it.  Repetition maybe.

Thank god for GoT soon.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2016, 01:40 PM »
Count me among those of you who are bored to tears... I'm going to give it some more time since every time they show the 'look at season 2' stuff it looks like there's some action in there, but 1 episode into season 2 and I'm wondering what the point of this show is.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2016, 02:12 PM »
Funny, I stayed up until 2am one night to catch the last TWD shows because I was out of the country.  But I keep find excuses not to catch FTWD yet.  Disappointed to hear they haven't improved over the first season.  So much potential...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2016, 09:37 PM »
I was hoping for something....almost anything.  Ultimately I found it.

I felt like I was watching an episode of TWD Season 2 on the farm.  A lot of nothing happened, then something happened, but I didn't know what.  So I'll come back and see what kind of nothing happened that really isn't a big deal because it was nothing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2016, 08:45 AM »
I just read FTWD has already gotten a Season 3 greenlight. 

I hope the acting and storyline improve dramatically in the next couple of episodes.

http://screenrant.com/fear-the-walking-dead-season-3-renewed-amc/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:49 AM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2016, 11:28 PM »
I just read FTWD has already gotten a Season 3 greenlight. 

I hope the acting and storyline improve dramatically in the next couple of episodes.

http://screenrant.com/fear-the-walking-dead-season-3-renewed-amc/
Well that seems a little premature.  I'm sure it's based on numbers that tuned in for the premiere but really at this point it's like watching a car accident - you should look away but for some reason you can't. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2016, 10:39 PM »
Reverse Gilligan's Island continues...

This episode was more interesting, but sort of a mocking of island survival plans of post-pockylips fans and with the obviousness that island family will suffer for our motley crew's visit.

"We know were not to go....where the budget cannot afford to take us!"

Good job, Nick, showing the little girl where the power pills were. You're family is great at get folks killed, out doing Rick Grimes.

Strand has a working cell phone? Satellite phone?

People were probably getting worried near the end...like they'd add a kid to the cast!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:10 PM by Scockery »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2016, 12:53 AM »
Look like the Asian girl from the shorts is the survivor and new cast member.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2016, 09:32 AM »
Look like the Asian girl from the shorts is the survivor and new cast member.

From the plane? That would be cool. I have to say those shorts were a lot more interesting than most of FTWD has been.

If you're planning to Jonestown the family, why would you ever make that known ahead of time? Those kids should not have even known about those pills.

So based on what I am seeing, if you are a non-heroin using teenager you pretty much just go nuts right away in the zombie apocalypse? You hate your dad, you start practicing to be a serial killer, you drink too much wine and talk to dangerous boys on the radio, etc. I love that Nick is the only one with any sort of a grip at all.

Wow, so Strand's big secret is an assault rifle and some maps? CALL THE FBI!!! At least he has the only working cell phone left in the universe. Will have to re-watch again next week to see what he actually said...all I got was "Ill be there".  ???

After all the boat drama at the end of last week I almost felt let down we didn't have a daring, open sea chase but I guess that might have blown the budget somehow.

I did like seeing the actress who played the Survivalist Mom again after all her years on The Shield. She always does a solid job.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy