Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 142615 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2016, 10:36 AM »
I quit after season 1, and am a better person for it.   8)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2016, 12:42 PM »
I am mad at myself for continuing to spend time on this garbage.

Amen. Yet I'll be tuned in next Sunday...................
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2016, 08:09 PM »
LOL. Not much to watch in the summer.

The Strain returns this weekend, I think. It's a better show. I mean, it's still chock full of stupid, but at least it has characters worth a damn.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2016, 09:05 PM »
I fast forwarded through most of it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2016, 02:04 PM »

The Strain returns this weekend, I think. It's a better show. I mean, it's still chock full of stupid, but at least it has characters worth a damn.

I'm all in on The Strain, it's my favorite thing on TV. I know there are better shows, but none that I enjoy more.  :)

I actually liked the FTWD premiere way more than I thought I would. Which only underscores my feeling that everyone else not named Nick or Strand is completely worthless and irritating on this show. It was so nice not to have to sit through their unending, inane emotional problems.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2016, 12:45 AM »
Woah...this episode was almost better....then the Extra-Stupid kicked it. Nick gets it from his mother. Suicidal from his dad, stupid substance abuser from his mom.

Piano music motivates the dead but not the constant soothing sounds of the ocean. Maybe Strand just sucks, like how he thinks he's a great seducer. Oh, the falling four or five stories and then getting up walkers. Right.

No hotel food, but they left the booze. I don't care how bad things are, they'd have taken the liquor.

Nick swiping cakes. DELICIOUS HOSTESS TWINKIES...Mexican version. He stole 40 cakes, that's as much as four tens and that's terrible.

Nick is drawn to cults like a moth to flame.

Ofelia, maybe she cut and run...hopefully to find better people.

Abigail...gone? But they built those sets. So not gone 4 long. Alex will show up in it and remind us all that her story was not really that interesting. She could never appear again and it wouldn't matter.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:46 AM by Scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Yep, back to stupid form this week. They figured out that once you're bitten there is no coming back, but don't realize that sound attracts walkers?

At first I thought the orphan girl just jumped out the window and the walkers were following her, but I guess they heard the piano music twenty floors up?  ::)

They did a piss poor job packing that shopping cart. I could have gotten a hell of a lot more in there. And there was no room for the Mexican snack cakes?

Did the gang guys just trust that they would come back with loads of Oxycontin? That whole exchange made little sense to me.

How come the relatively healthy looking dad had to walk the plank but not the half dead gringo in the lawn chair?

Did Nick's dad drive into traffic to kill himself? That seemed to be implied but I don't see how she would possibly really know that. Maybe he just spaced out.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2016, 11:48 AM »

And there was no room for the Mexican snack cakes?

Even with all the stupidness the above is what annoyed me the most. You couldn't stick some "snowballs" in the cart, as opposed to sneaking them out, that you were getting from the drug cartel guy who "will hang you for looking at him funny"?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2016, 11:55 AM »
If she'd just let Nick get the snack cakes, whole thing could've been avoided. LOL.

Is Kim Dickens  now a regular on the Talking Dead. I didn't watch it.

The Strain was better, but Nora's absence went unmentioned. And their time line is off. It's got to have been longer than 23 days since the flight landed.  Ephram is working on the bio weapon and Setrakian is well into the Lumen, so some time has passed since the end of last season.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 5, 2016, 12:39 AM »
In this episode two dumb characters ally themselves with people worse than themselves. Nice manager lady who decides to contain the sickness by locking a zombie in with a room full of people. The American youths who are violent and stupid as hell.  Chris is psycho and a fool...for not telling Travis what was going on.

Maybe Ofelia made it someplace nice and never sees any of these idiots again.

Oh, we are told the father of the bride died of a heart attack. Because the intriguing idea that this is a sickness that is infecting and killing people outright is too interesting to pursue. Or should we even believe a hotel employee...she's no doctor.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #145 on: September 5, 2016, 04:20 PM »
I actually liked the opening scene with the wedding and the manager locking everyone in the ballroom.  The family wouldn't run away and leave infected family members behind.  There was a lot of cool subtle things in that scene that I liked.  It was interesting to see later on that some of the wedding party made it out and are surviving...which alludes to their break-out of the ballroom being a catalyst for the dead overtaking the hotel.

Then we get to the Chris/Travis storyline and it all goes to hell.  Someone needs to put a bullet in Chris and probably Travis shortly after.  All I could think of when he shot the farmer was "Holy **** Morty!  You purged!"  He's a complete sociopath at this point...have him look at the flowers already!  Travis is only alive by pure dumb luck.  He was right about trying to leave the farm and not harming the fater...but he won't stand up to his son and get away from the glaringly obvious **** strom that is the frat boy zombie apocalypse gang!  None of those idiots deserve to survive at this point.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 5, 2016, 05:59 PM »
It was a mistake to tell the frat pack about San Diego. Should've said "Good luck."

I'd forgotten that his supposed to be 2010. So when Travis saw the graves. I was like, oh, the people died years ago.  :P

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 5, 2016, 09:05 PM »

Then we get to the Chris/Travis storyline and it all goes to hell.  Someone needs to put a bullet in Chris and probably Travis shortly after.  All I could think of when he shot the farmer was "Holy **** Morty!  You purged!"  He's a complete sociopath at this point...have him look at the flowers already!  Travis is only alive by pure dumb luck.  He was right about trying to leave the farm and not harming the fater...but he won't stand up to his son and get away from the glaringly obvious **** strom that is the frat boy zombie apocalypse gang!  None of those idiots deserve to survive at this point.

Plus Travis was idiotic to ever come out of hiding when those guys first found them anyway. Try pulling that **** down in GA and those guys would be raping you or eating you or both before you could whistle Dixie.

"We're not going to kill you over a can of beans! We just wanted to follow you for a few hundred miles and say hi"

I was really disappointed when I realized that Walker in the bar wasn't Madison.

Ophilia must be some kind of secret Ninja badass to have gotten out of there without being eaten or spotted by anyone.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 7, 2016, 01:56 AM »
Ophilia must be some kind of secret Ninja badass to have gotten out of there without being eaten or spotted by anyone.

She doesn't need to be, she merely jumped off the balcony of whatever room she was in, got up and walked away.

What takes me out of the moment for this show is that CLEARLY whoever is running the show has never watched a single episode of TWD. I don't care if those walkers had only been dead for a couple of days, just like any human body that falls out of a building 15+ stories up - it goes "splat" when it hits the ground and even if it doesn't go "splat", every bone in the body would be shattered and regardless of the mindless "will" of the virus, there would be nothing that walker could do to get up and actually walk. That was courtesy of the wonderful writing last week.

This week it was father-of-the-bride who dies of a heart attack and turns in under a minute. Meanwhile, back in season one, Andrea holds her sister all night waiting for her to turn. I don't care if you turn instantly or if it takes time, but whatever it is - STICK WITH IT.

Every time I see a new group of people get introduced, I am hopeful that it means there is a chance of pruning some of the show's "regulars" - at this point, I could care less if Madison, Strand, Travis, Chris, Nick, Ofelia or Alicia were all to die - and a new group, like say for example the survivors of the wedding party and the hotel manager are the new group that we follow.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2016, 01:58 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 7, 2016, 01:16 PM »
That's the horror anyone can turn instantly (as fast as the story requires).

And the undead are more motivated by piano music than all other noises.

While the manager and guests didn't check it out at all? Did they think it was a trap by the other side?
« Last Edit: September 7, 2016, 01:17 PM by Scockery »