Author Topic: Scout Trooper Army Builder 4-pack  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Scout Trooper Army Builder 4-pack
« on: August 18, 2003, 01:30 PM »
These were rumored some time ago.  Has anyone else heard whether these are still to be released?  I heard rumors that it was to ship with 2 clean and 2 dirty troopers, but this was around 6 months back.  Any updates on these or any other Army builder packs?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Scout Trooper Army Builder 4-pack
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 03:44 PM »
I havent heard much at all about the army builder packs anymore. It doesnt seem like they did very well, maybe they were done away with after the release of market wide sets like the Imperial Troops set, Bounty Hunters, and Battle of Hoth
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 03:54 PM »
I think the Fan Club was going to keep getting these one after another, due to their sale and the fact that Paizo does not have the store all FC exclusives went into limbo.  So, I wouldn't hold your breath for them to ever come but they may reseurface someday

I for one would like a new Trooper with some more articulation...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 05:47 PM »
I agree with Scott on everything...

The store went into limbo, and everything that was produced went to etailers (Sandtroopers, Endor Soldiers, and RFT's) and in lesser quantities than the Stormtroopers.

I'd actually like MORE Stormtroopers...  I think those sets sold rather well actually, and there's a distinct market for them.  They just weren't all that available to us.  The Sandtrooper is another that I'd have bought more of too.

The buy 4 get the 5th set free was a deal too, and if that had gone on for Sandtroopers I know I'd have bought 5 sets easily.  Gotta have officers for all those CT stormtroopers I figure. :)

As for these coming back, nothing's out of the realm of possibility.  If Paizo got a Fan Club store going I think you might see something like the army builders ship again.  

Ultimately for many of them though, I'm like OCB and would rather see something new with more articulation.  Could you imagine having Scouts who could be posed neutrally OR like they're riding a bike?  It's possible with these new ball/socket joints Hasbro's using.  Imagine those ball/socket joints on the knees, ankles, hips, biceps and shoulders?  That's a figure that would pose like an artists maquette...  :)

Could even look like he's riding a speeder bike like they did in the film.  I'd be all for that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 10:18 PM »
Even though they dont have the rights to the online store, its also always possible Paizo could just pick the set up as a one time thing, kind of like Silver Boba and Holiday Yoda
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."