Author Topic: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line  (Read 79567 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2015, 12:20 PM »
Sounds like new figures are hitting now?!? 

SWAN Facebook page is reporting on a new figure found at Walmart - Resistance Rey! 

Not posting the pic because the figure has potential SPOILERS, so click link at your own risk!!!

Does she even wear that outfit in the movie?

As for new toys... do we have any idea what to expect?  EIII had like 35 basic release figures on launch day - up to this point we have what, 18 or 20? - and some of those were from the OT. 

Are we already to the point where we're just getting a wave at a time or is there going to be a whole ton of new product? 

If there's really more than just a small number of new figures coming in two weeks, I can't believe we haven't seen them yet.  I'm also surprised we haven't seen any creature toys.  Between the giant thing drinking from the well, the beast that the guy who tries to put BB-8 in the net (I know they did a figure....) is riding... the beasts Han is hauling...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:22 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2015, 12:25 PM »
Rey appears in that outfit as she leaves the Resistance base on D'Qan and boards the Falcon.  She is still wearing that when she arrives on the unknown planet with Chewbacca and R2-D2, and eventually meets Luke Skywalker.

As for creatures?  I would be surprised if they do the Happabore, even though it was the first creature that we saw on set.  I think more likely candidates for a creature assortment would be the Luggabeast and the Rathtar.

I think we're also not going to get a lot in the way of vehicles.  There are really only a few other vehicles in the mix that are feasible, and most are fairly big.
-Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
-First Order Stormtrooper Transport
-First Order Standard TIE Fighter
-Quadjumper
-Resistance Transport
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:29 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2015, 01:18 PM »
That's not the same outfit.  The one she wears at the end of the movie has more blue in it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2015, 10:10 PM »
I think we're also not going to get a lot in the way of vehicles.  There are really only a few other vehicles in the mix that are feasible, and most are fairly big.
-Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
-First Order Stormtrooper Transport
-First Order Standard TIE Fighter
-Quadjumper
-Resistance Transport

I was surprised by the actual lack of variation in the vehicles... there's TIE's and X-Wings, and they're on a mission that's heavy on bombing, but no Y-Wings?  I was hoping for an A-Wing too...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2015, 10:45 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  But some of the backstory I've been reading about the Resistance leads you to believe that they're a smaller force that's working outside of the parameters of the New Republic.  And perhaps they're not as well equipped as the Rebel Alliance around the time of the Battle of Endor.  I do recall some dialogue from the movie that said the attack from Starkiller Base on Hosnian Prime likely destroyed the Republic Fleet.

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: January 1, 2016, 01:35 PM »
I was surprised by the actual lack of variation in the vehicles... there's TIE's and X-Wings, and they're on a mission that's heavy on bombing, but no Y-Wings?  I was hoping for an A-Wing too...

Yeah, it's too bad there were no A-Wings or Y-Wings for them to turn into toys.  Now we won't be able to bitch about how ridiculous it is they are charging us $40 for an A-Wing or $90 for a Y-Wing.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #111 on: January 1, 2016, 04:32 PM »
I was wondering the same thing.  But some of the backstory I've been reading about the Resistance leads you to believe that they're a smaller force that's working outside of the parameters of the New Republic.  And perhaps they're not as well equipped as the Rebel Alliance around the time of the Battle of Endor.  I do recall some dialogue from the movie that said the attack from Starkiller Base on Hosnian Prime likely destroyed the Republic Fleet.

I did a little reading on Wookiepedia and here's what's out there:

-The Galactic Civil war went on for a year after the battle of Endor.  The Empire had a deveastating defeat at the battle of Jakku...and they signed a peace accord with the New Republic.

-After the battle of Jakku, many Imperial Commanders took their ships and fled to the Unknown Regions...they later returned as the First Order and started building up their military in violation of the Peace Accord.

-The New Republic, seeing the mistakes of the Old Republic and wanting to get away from the shadow of the Empire, moved the Capital of the New Republic from Coruscant to the Mid-Rim Hosnian system.  They also effectively demilitarized by dismantling many of the ships in their fleet.  They still have the largest fleet in the galaxy, but it is nothing like the size the Alliance had in the Galactic Civil War.

-Princess Leia, seeing the intelligence reports that the First Order is in violation of the Peace Accords, leaves the New Republic Senate and starts the Resistance.  She recruits many military commanders who were out of a job with the New Republic demilitarization and has spent nearly all of her political capital in doing so.  Although the Resistance is not formally recognized by the New Republic, they do offer under the table assistance and the Resistance has the support of many of the Senators.

Hope this helps.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: January 1, 2016, 05:21 PM »

Yeah, it's too bad there were no A-Wings or Y-Wings for them to turn into toys.  Now we won't be able to bitch about how ridiculous it is they are charging us $40 for an A-Wing or $90 for a Y-Wing.  :P

Hah this is what I was thinking.

I would've liked to have seen AWings but the Y-Wing was relatively antiquated by Endor so 30 years on, short of a new model ala the XWing, meh.  BWings sort of supplanted YWings too though larger so not good for your all-too-common trench runs. :)

I'd have been into a new design fighter even.  Or the infamous QWing!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 1, 2016, 06:26 PM »
Just wait until Episode 8.  I get the sense that the story of the Resistance will evolve so that they become a more robust and well equipped fighting force following the destruction of the New Republic Senate.  That is probably going to mean more ships of all kinds. 
« Last Edit: January 1, 2016, 06:27 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 4, 2016, 10:59 AM »
More case assortment / set listings from Dorkside Toys

JUNGLE SPACE WAVE 7
E7 KYLO REN  (Carry forward)
E7 CAPTAIN PHASMA (Carry forward)
E5 LUKE SKYWALKER (Carry forward)
E7 ADMIRAL ACKBAR
E7 TASU LEECH - KENJIKLUB GANG LEADER
REBELS FIFTH BROTHER INQUISITOR

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: January 4, 2016, 01:13 PM »
Losing track of these with so many announcements the past couple days.  Let's see if I've got this correct?

Snow/Desert Wave 3 =
repacks of everyone from Wave 1 and Wave 2

Snow/Desert Wave 4 =
snow = Asty, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper (re-issues **)
desert = Captain Rex [Rebels], Unkar Plutt, and FN-2187

Snow/Desert Wave 5  =
snow =  Kylo Ren*, Squad Leader Stormtrooper, Nien Nunb
desert = Jakku Finn, Zuvio, Flametrooper (re-issues **)

Jungle/Space Wave 3 =
repacks of everyone from Wave 1 and Wave 2

Jungle/Space Wave 4 =
forest = Resistance Rey, Han Solo, Hassk Thug
space = X-Wing Poe, TIE Pilot, Resistance Trooper (re-issues **)

Jungle/Space Wave 5 =
forest = Kylo Ren, Phasma, Luke (re-issues **)
space = Admiral Ackbar, Tassu Leech, Fifth Brother [Rebels]

* - sounds like this "snow" Kylo is probably a NEW Kylo figure, since since the first Kylo was a "forest" figure.

** - still not sure if the re-issue/carry forwards have new BAW parts or if they will have the same parts as previous release.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2016, 10:43 AM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 4, 2016, 02:32 PM »
Losing track of these with so many announcements the past couple days.  Let's see if I've got this correct?

Snow/Desert Wave 4 =
snow =  Kylo Ren*, Squad Leader Stormtrooper, Nien Nunb
desert = Jakku Finn, Zuvio, Flametrooper (re-issues **)

* - sounds like this "snow" Kylo is probably a NEW Kylo figure, since since the first Kylo was a "forest" figure.

Good catch!  I saw the announcement for that Kylo Ren, but thought at first that it might be a carry forward.  I wonder if this is a version of Kylo Ren minus the helmet?

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2016, 04:08 PM »

** - still not sure if the re-issue/carry forwards have new BAW parts or if they will have the same parts as previous release.

Yep, new Unmasked Kylo Ren figure. :)

And the Wave 4/5 repacks appear to have the same build-a-weapon parts as previous releases).

Here's a new pic of Snow/Desert Wave 5 from EE  =
snow =  Kylo Ren (Unmasked), Squad Leader Stormtrooper, Nien Nunb
desert = Jakku Finn, Zuvio, Flametrooper (same as wave 1 figures)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:10 PM by Jeff »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2016, 04:29 PM »
That Heavy Gear Stormtrooper has my interest piqued, only because I was considering buying that Amazon 7 Pack to get that vest. But if this figure is coming out, I'll probably just get it and hope we get a Riot Control Trooper at some point.

However, the Amazon vest looks removable while this one does not.

Kinda wish Kylo didn't have the hood, since that means it won't be removable, and thus harder to transfer the head to a SA Kylo body.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2016, 04:45 PM »
Kinda wish Kylo didn't have the hood, since that means it won't be removable, and thus harder to transfer the head to a SA Kylo body.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird